THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 16:39

Fight Club Incursion 3 games 1850pts no allies, 20 players.

I thought it was normal game until last Tuesday when I learned that no allies are allowed. It affected my list a lot since it originally had 700pts of Eldar allies.
In the end my list looked like this:
Archon, hb, sf, 125
Baroness Sathonyx 105
3 Grots, Ab, Vb, raider, 180
4 x 5 Kabalite, venom, 110 -> 440
2 x 5 Wyches, hwg, raider gt, 125 -> 250
3 Beastmasters, 2 rwf 9 khy 179
9 Reavers, 3bl, ac, vb 258
3 x Ravager 105 -> 315
1847pts all painted.

First mission was killpoints (3), crusade 3 obj (2) and all secondary missions. DoW deployment. My first opponent was Orks (warboss and 10 nobs on bikes, warboss 5 meganobs in battle wagon, 3 x 10 lootas and 2x 15 boyz. No night fight he wanted to go first and I couldn’t steal. He deployed quite evenly to his side and I castled to my right corner to avoid lootas and bikes as long as possible. His first turn lootas failed getting 4 shots in 3 squads together. They still managed to wreck one Ravager for first blood. Battle wagon and bikes speeded to my face. On my turn I wrecked the BW pinning it’s nobs even with bosspole. Shot some wounds to Bikes killing 3 models. Archon and grots moved towards his deployment zones right flank to harass his lootas and boyz. Bikes stayed behind. On his second turn he wrecked Archons Raider and charged the beastpack wiping it out. All lootas shot 3 times killing some beasts and couple of raiders. Venoms were out of range behind beasts. On my turn I shot 80 poison shots to his bikes from Venoms and their crew just managing to kill all the bikes. Archon and walked towards his one unit of lootas and boyz. Bikes Bladevaned lootas right next to Archon surrounding them and managed to inflict 13 wounds in hopes for failed morale check and trapped. One died after going to ground. Ravagers shot meganobs making them to go to the ground for better saves killing none.

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion IMG_4245
Dark Eldar advancing after 1st turn

On turn three things started to look grim for Ork player having lost all his bikes and battle wagon. He then shot his lootas managing a three shots with all of them again killing another Raider and a Venom. Boyz near grounded lootas shot my bikes who then failed their LD. On my turn Venoms started to shoot Lootas killing a few of them and Archon with grots charged boyz wiping them in one go. The game then continued with his reminding lootas shooting 2 or 3 shots each killing a Venom/turn while my Archon killed 1 squad of lootas who were running away and failed the regroup. In the end I killed all but one warboss, one meganob on contested objective and one squad on lootas having one objective to myself. Lost killpoints and first blood while taking the objectives, line breaker and StWL. 4-4 draw. Reasonably good result for DE in killpoints mission. I might have wiped his army but we were forced to stop after T5.
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion IMG_4249
End game: I have the objective in the front forest and contest one the middle. Reavers are taking care of the last objective with the aid of two venoms.

The second game had a central ruin “objective” for 3 points and Bases for 2 points. No First blood but who gets more killpoints gets one secondary point. Line breaker and Warlord normally. Deployment was Hammer and Anvil. My opponent was Orks Again. This time with 2 bosses on bikes 5 nob bikers, 5 Defkoptas, 2 dakkajets, 2 looted tanks and three squads of boyz in trucks. And of course 7 lootas. Again no night fight and my opponent too the first turn even with Baron on my side. I didn’t manage to steal. He deployed very aggressively to the front I deployed to the back behind ruins and hills. On his first turn Deffkoptas killed a venom and looted wagons another. I retaliated by killing 2 defkoptas. On my right flank I flatouted all three raiders right next to his truks behind ruins. 2 Ravagers managed to stun one truck blocking his movement quite effectively. Beast stayed inside a ruin almost hidden from all shooting.

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion IMG_4250
Kabal of Dusk Eternal Advances slowly from the right flank after T2a (left on the picture)

On his second turn he retreated before my assault on the right flank but pushed ahead on my left side. Archons ride got blown up and the one dakkajet that showed shot its occupants making total of one wound. Another Venom bites the dust. On my turn A continue the advance on my right flank speeding bikes towards his side for better blade vaning possibilities. One squad of wyches charged a truck making it explode and killing 4 boyz and 4 wyches in the process. Archon and other Wyches charged and surrounded the stunned truck also exploding it (1 wound to grots and 2 dead wyches) but still no place for orks and they are destroyed. On my left flank I have a Ravager and two 2 man kabalites left against his bikes and two warbosses. Kabalites and venom managed to kill all his defkoptas. I flat out the Ravager to extreme left to bait his nobs away from my fragile troops. Didn’t work out and he ignored it and went to killing my troops with warlord and speeded the bikes for help in right flank. There second DAkkajet again shot Grots thistime killing 2 while the other one shot beast with lootas killing 3 dogs and 1 flock of birds. All made their LD checks as I had Grisly trophies nearby. My bikes got charged by 8 sluggaboyz but managed to kill 4 of them while they only killed 2. LD 6 even with bossbole is difficult and Reavers easily caught them as they ran from the battle. Before that cc I was losing big time but that single cc turned the tides as he now had only two troops left one which was in the open right next to me. I bladevaned it to death. Venom shot the lootas killing 3 while the forgotten Ravager wrecked looted wagon with boomgun.

Time was again running out and our last possible turn was the 5th. He moved his bikes to central ruin and charged my archon and 2 wyches nearby to death but his consolidation was too short to prevent me contesting the ruin with my last troop unit nearby (only troops could contest the ruin). On my deployment zone warboss(warlord) blocked my base from me. I maneuvered two ravagers to kill him and the run for the objective with fleet. Ravagers left him in one wound and I then shot him to death with my two remaining kabalites and got a kill but missed the objective. So no objectives to neither side. We both had killed warlords and while I had the line breaker with reavers he had killed more of my units than I had his. Another draw with 4-4 points. I see a pattern here. Orks, no night fight, second turn leads to draw.

3rd game was 5 objectives (3 points) and again killpoints (2). Secondary objectives had a bonus called payback. Kill the unit who took the FB to get a point. My opponent was Net list necrons. This time I won the 1st turn and deployed aggressively and it was night fight. He deployed almost to the front too. Then he stole the initiative. All down hill after thet even with 2 of his 4 scyhtes being in reserve until T4. I managed to get “payback” with Ravager from A-barge and slay the warlord but on T4 I had next to nothing left so I gave the victory to him so that we could see the more interesting games. 2-8 loss.

The tournament was won by my Night Spinner in an army with 3 serpents, a WK, prism, spiders, small wind raiders and 2 farseers one on bike. His last opponent was a Farsight bomb that came fourth in the end. Second was normal necron lists but with 9 spiders and 1 set of scarabs in stead of annibarges and 3rd unit of wraiths. Third was Eldars again. For me it was a tournament with no victories a first one in a long time. The ork games were fun, but netlist necrons are a boring match to play if it starts to go wrong.
Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 17:04

2 draws and a loss would have still been better than me out there Wink
Good that you had a great time, and I like the idea of the Payback rule!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 17:42

Thanks for the report Vasara!

Sounded like a tough tournament, Eldar/Tau seem to be dominating everywhere nowadays.

How did you find the reavers in the end?
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 19:43

That's too bad that allies weren't allowed. Your DE/CWE list looked really solid and I think you would have performed better against these opponents in particular with your allied list. I like allies because it allows older codices to shore up weaknesses presented in 6th ed and by new codices. Oh well.

Really bad luck going second every game even though you had the Baron. It's nice to have real pictures of painted models though and really well written. Thanks for sharing this Vas, your lists are usually similar to the type of lists I like so it's nice to see them in tournament settings.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 07:05

Thanks for commenting guys!

Warhead tournaments are usually quite competitive because Finnish ETC team practises in their tables. 10 out of 20 players were somehow related to Finnish ETC team eather as players or contestants for a team. Most of the others are not novices eather.

Not having allies at such short notice was bad but the silver lining is that I now have 9 painted Reavers in my collection. And they were excelent but I need to keep in mind that it was mainly orks and their "T-shirt" armor that I bladevaned. I only made 1 wound to Wraiths that I managed to bladevane. They seem like a fun unit that needs more testing. I can see now how easy they are to play too agressively as I did in the first game. (see 1st picture)

Here is the link to tournament organizers web page.
WAR HEAD
In finnish sadly but pictures are nice though Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 14:48

Vasara wrote:
Here is the link to tournament organizers web page.
WAR HEAD
In finnish sadly but pictures are nice though Very Happy 
They commented on you a bit too there! "Orc and DE matches can be pretty bloody" Twisted Evil 

It seems like you were also the only DE player, they said that you get a bonus point if a player had a codex no one else was using. According to the site there was only 1 imperial guard player and 1 grey knight player, for they got points for that too?
I have to follow this site more often, since I may try to participate someday. At least in the game nights.

Congratulations for the 14th place, you still got ahead of at least one of the orks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 10:17

Mngwa wrote:

They commented on you a bit too there! "Orc and DE matches can be pretty bloody" Twisted Evil 

It seems like you were also the only DE player, they said that you get a bonus point if a player had a codex no one else was using. According to the site there was only 1 imperial guard player and 1 grey knight player, for they got points for that too?
I have to follow this site more often, since I may try to participate someday. At least in the game nights.
Yeah they rewarded those of us not playing hottest codexcies.  

Mngwa wrote:

Congratulations for the 14th place, you still got ahead of at least one of the orks! Very Happy
And equal points with the other Ork player.
So I didn't win even against those not placing so well. Not sure if thats a good sign Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion   Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Dusk Eternal Raid Hammer Head Incursion
Page 1 of 1