THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k list I guess

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23 2017, 04:47

This is my tentative NOVA GT list.

HQ:
Troupe Master - 60
Troupe Master - 60
Yvraine - 132

Troops:
Troupe w/2x Fusion Pistol, 5x Embrace - 123

Elite:
Solitare - 117

FA:
Scourges w/4x Blaster - 130

Dedicated Transports:
Starweaver - 99
Starweaver - 99
Starweaver - 99

HS:
Tantalus - 350

Flyer:
Hemlock Wraithfighter - 221

Total points is 1996

This list hinges on 2 things. One, that I can get my Harlequins into a mass of enemy dudes without them dying, and two, that I can still cheese the ever living hell out of Scourges. They can, as of the current FAQ, still fit in a Tantalus, which means any given game I can CHOOSE if I want to deep strike them or deploy them in the vehicle. They along with the Tantalus will be doing the heavy lifting, shooting down aircraft and taking out the enemy backline. My Troupes are going to be mixing it up on the front lines and hoping to god they can get those soulbursts because dear lord will they need them. Also I think Solitares can fit inside Starweavers now so that's cool.

Thoughts, anyone?

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23 2017, 06:17

Am I missing something with the Hemlock? I'm getting that it should be 211pts.

I think you should shorn 1-2 Players per unit their Embraces to equip the Troupe Masters with them and Fusion Pistols. Other than that it looks really tight and I don't think I have any other contribution to make.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23 2017, 21:33

Looks hot. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 24 2017, 05:58

Tested a variant of this list. I removed a unit of Troupes, a Troupe Master, and a Starweaver and swapped it for a Razorwing Jetfighter and a unit of Skyweavers. Played against Orks, the guy had 3 Dakka Jets and a mess of Killa Kanz and a Deff Dread and a unit of Nobz with a Warboss and a Weirdboy. I had some take-aways:

- The clowns hit hard but Soulburst doesn't do as much for them as Rising Crescendo would. I will probably run them as just clowns as they either lived in transports or were unable to do anything with their soulburst action other than just move.

- Skyweavers are remarkably strong with 2D per wound on Zephyrglaives, and that extra couple wounds makes them a little tanky.

- The Tantalus absorbs all the anti-tank fire, but it has so many wounds and so many shots it can still be effective.

- Soulbursting blaster Scourges is a pretty solid way of getting rid of a lot of Killa Kanz.

- The Solitaire is basically just one really good Harlequin. He's not insane-o crazy but he's worth his points when he gets in with the right enemies.

- The Hemlock continues to be downright stupidly broken.

- Shuriken Cannons are bad. They're just bad and do no work.

- Fusion pistols... gonna probably want more than just 1 per squad and 1 on the Troupe Masters. They're just not reliable enough in such small quantities, but when they work they work.

- Clowns do not have an answer for large numbers of dudes.

Basically I need to finagle some of the units around and figure out Soulburst vs. Rising Crescendo.

Back to top Go down
Slave2Chaos
Slave
Slave2Chaos

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 09:50

Very interested to see how you progress, as I am currently working on a clown / dark elder force to be used as Ynnari or their own respective detachments.
Currently I don't own any crafworld but am considering some wraith elements in the future.

Is the Hemlock way more effective then a razorwing or void bomber?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 10:14

After the playtest I've decided to drop the Tantalus entirely in exchange for 2 additional flyers and some Skyweavers. The tax for the Dark Eldar was simply too high I feel.

Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 14:46

So with your list as it is in OP, your only real use of Soulburst is per psychic phase from Yvraine to make harlies hit twice or something, or when the harlies kill something to get them safely back in their transports. I'm not sure if that's gonna be worth it due to how assault units and transports work. You may want to consider just keeping rising crescendo.

Lol just read while I was typing this you're dropping the Tantalus. With those points, I'd consider Dark Reapers - they're nasty as is, especially if Yvraine is camping them with that soulburst psychic power to make them shoot twice. 9 with an Exarch shoots 18 S5 AP-2 D2 shots or 9 S8 AP-2 D3 shots, plus either one more of those or an Aeldari Missile shot. Multiply that by 2 with a Soulburst and you're bringing the heat. Throw in Guide/Doom with a Farseer and that is probably the best blob deletion we can get.

lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 15:16

I know everyone champions Reapers for Ynnari but I don't understand how they can be out on the ground in numbers of 10 or less and not be the first and easiest kill point for your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 15:31

lcfr wrote:
I know everyone champions Reapers for Ynnari but I don't understand how they can be out on the ground in numbers of 10 or less and not be the first and easiest kill point for your opponent.  

I've been working on this myself. Conceal and Fortune help a lot. Plus, you can screen giving them a pretty big safety bubble. My current list runs 10 of them with Yvraine in the back, 3 Ravagers, and 4 units of 5 Kabs w/ Blasters in Venoms. With that I can pretty easily create a 36" area denial for drops. If something tries to jet up the field I can tarpit with the Kabs. That messes up my area denial, but if someone does all that and invests 2 turns, by then the Reapers have done a ton of work already. The other option is 48" guns, so I guess Wyverns, Lascannons, and Basilisks? If I see those i can just move the Ravagers up a bit to knock them out.

Also, the super competitive lists with Reapers usually take more than one unit so there's that too.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 18:27

I don't own Dark Reapers, this entire list is built around whatever I have lying around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k list I guess Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k list I guess   2k list I guess I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k list I guess
Page 1 of 1