THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.

Go down 
+2
Deyfluff
ravengoescaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. Empty
PostSubject: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 07:08

So I got my archon today. With much excitement, I cut the plastic open, looking at the spure, I realized three things. One, there is two heads, the husk blade, a soultrap and a body. Not bad except what about the other options for the archon? I had pointed him with neither of these items, so now I have to buy a warrior, or witch box just to give him the weapons he was supposed to have. Two: there is so much extra flashing and in random places. I almost have to sculpt it my darn self. Finally three. There is little bubbles every where of missing resin. What the heck, I thought "fine cast" was supposed to be a higher quality model, etc. Granted these bubbles are not huge, just little pain in the behind spots that I need to fill in. Much more then, metal piece gaps. I would like a model that is complete, and had everything I could need to play it. I would gladly give up some of the detail, to have this in plastic without the gaps, and the major amounts of extra flashing. Any one feel this way as well?
Back to top Go down
Deyfluff
Kabalite Warrior
Deyfluff

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 09:04

Call GW customer service and they'll give you a new one. No charge. They're really good about it.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 10:01

Quote :
One, there is two heads, the husk blade, a soultrap and a body. Not bad except what about the other options for the archon?
Well, what did you expect? Whole set of things that is in the codex?

You're not buying Space Marines you know, you dont have all the options in plastic ready.
Up to this point there is no Jin Blade at all. All rest option can be taken from Warriors or Wyches box, they are compatible.

Quote :
What the heck, I thought "fine cast" was supposed to be a higher quality model, etc

Yep. They even put new item on sale, liquid green stuff, so you can work this supposedely higher quality miniature. Oh, irony.
You might want to buy finecast in a store, where you can select them and see them before paying.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 10:31

Deyfluff wrote:
Call GW customer service and they'll give you a new one. No charge. They're really good about it.

This, they will send you a new one.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 15:13

Also who isnt to say your Agoniser or venomblade is a sword???

Remember alot of things can be interpreted. So you have a blast pistol, well its holstered atm. WYSIWYG is very subjective, and is a standin from the old GW models holding their weapons in the air for no reason
Back to top Go down
bleum937
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15 2012, 12:15

ravengoescaw, sounds like you got a dodgy model- you can get it replaced for no charge. Generally I've had good experiences with the finecast for the Dark Eldar range, although my friend collecting Necrons has been less satisfied. As for the weapon options available, very few GW blisters have ever included weapon variety (annoying I know). I've recently started doing some conversion work on my own archon, and the finecast makes it very easy to do weapon swaps (and arm swaps, and leg swaps, and head swaps, and... lots of other silly things too Laughing). I hope you get a better cast with your exchange, and have a go at doing the arm conversion- not as hard as you might think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.   What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What The HECK?!?!?! Fail cast.
Page 1 of 1