THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiskeyjackZA
Slave
WhiskeyjackZA

Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models Empty
PostSubject: Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models   Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 09:25

Hi Everyone,

First post on the forums - So hello everyone, may you all have many awesome games and looking forward to many more visits and discussions! Very Happy

Also, apologies for the long first post - but some background might assist to in understanding my noob thinking Razz

So, I originally wanted to play DE. However, my regular playing partner already has a lot of DE and this pushed me to start exploring Ynari and Harlies. (I am new to 40k and have about 5 games with Dark Angels before deciding on my primary allegiance). So I started buying in that direction and really enjoying Harlies. I originally wanted to go pure Harlequin or Aeldari (Scourges + Raider/Kabalites) but picked up the Ynnead box whilst I could.  

I have the following:

- 3 Starweavers
- 3 Troupes (TM + 5 players)
- 2 Skyweavers
- 5 Scourges
- 1 Raider
- 10 Kabalites
- 1 Succubus (part of that original DE splunge)
- 1 Shadowseer
- Triumvirate of Ynead

So I am pretty much sold on the following always as a basis and have been impressed in my 2 games so far:

3 x Troupes (5 player Fusion + Embrace) + Starweavers
1x Shadowseer (although I am open to replacing it)
1x Troupe Master (TM)

In my last 75pwr game I went extra:

1 x Troupe Master (so 2 total)
1 x Yvrainne
2 x Skyweavers
1 x Solitaire (always proxy it)
5 x Scourges

It was my first Ynnari game and I was impressed with SfD (despite forgetting to trigger it a lot and only remembering to jump my Scourges turn 3) but quickly realised that Solitaire and Yvrainne walking is not a good idea against DE. The Shadowseer and TM filled the three Starweavers.

Now I am thinking of going with the base again, but:

1 x Ycanrne
1 x Solitaire
2 x Skyweavers (only to fit 75pwr)

I am really conflicted between the Shadowseers's -1 buff/spells and Yvrainne.

The 75pwr are a bit of a tough fit for me, because I cannot easily fit in a Raider + Kabalites without cutting the HQs and Elite and feels it doesn't beat a third Starweaver + Troupe.

Actual questions for a 1500p or 75pwr  game(I know then wargear is no issue and probably why he likes points... ):  

(1) What would your Ynnari or Aeldari list be with the current models and why?
(2) I need I think another Skyweaver box or another buy to make 75pwr & 1500 point pure Harlequin. What would you recommend? Skyweaver?
(3) What would your top next 2 buys be for either Ynari/ Aeldai options? I am thinking Dark Reapers or a Flyer like Hemlock or Razorwing?

Last edited by WhiskeyjackZA on Thu Sep 07 2017, 09:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos and grammar)
Back to top Go down
WhiskeyjackZA
Slave
WhiskeyjackZA

PostSubject: Re: Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models   Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 09:46

Another options would be with the current models and Ynnari:

2 x TM (Fusion + Embrace in Starweaver each)
1 x Shadowseer (Starweaver)
1 x Yvrainne (Raider)

3 x 5 Player (Fusion + Embrace) Troupes in Starweavers
9 x Kabalites in Raider (1 Blaster and room for Yvraine)

5 Scourges (3 Blaster, 1 Dark Lance, 1 Blast Pistol)

This is 75pwr and just under 1500p according to Battlescribe.

It does mean no Solitaire...but since I need to proxy a TM for him anyway, maybe that is okay until I actually get a Solitaire.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models   Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 12:13

WhiskeyjackZA wrote:
(2) I need I think another Skyweaver box or another buy to make 75pwr & 1500 point pure Harlequin. What would you recommend? Skyweaver?
(3) What would your top next 2 buys be for either Ynari/ Aeldai options? I am thinking Dark Reapers or a Flyer like Hemlock or Razorwing?
1. I'm not sure if you're asking what I'd make with your collection or what I'd make in general.
With your collection, which I think you're asking, i would probably go similar to what you're doing, though wouldn't be bothering with taking a big squad of Warriors, as 5 and a Blaster would serve fine, I'd probably then trim the Scourges (dropping the pistol and changing the lance to a Blaster) which could then let you put in some Skyweavers for your spare points and maybe a few dropped fusion pistols (presuming I'm reading right that the entire squads of Troupe are taking them, which is expensive overkill.

Then again, if you're playing Power Points you should always max those - frankly I'm confused a bit by the idea you're playing power points *and* regular points - you should do one or the other. I'm pretty sure you're just doing regular points, in which case all fusion is an expensive luxury.

2. If you want to go pure Harlequin - yeah, that is an option. Probably also getting a Death Jester and a Solitaire as well - you'll need to drop Yvrainne, the Scourges, the Warriors, and the Raider so you'll need at least more than 300 points of additional stuff.

3. Dark Reapers without a question, their shooting power and ability to come as a small unit makes them a very strong combo for SfD.

Back to top Go down
WhiskeyjackZA
Slave
WhiskeyjackZA

PostSubject: Re: Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models   Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 07 2017, 15:11

Thor665 wrote:
WhiskeyjackZA wrote:
1. I'm not sure if you're asking what I'd make with your collection or what I'd make in general.
With your collection, which I think you're asking, i would probably go similar to what you're doing, though wouldn't be bothering with taking a big squad of Warriors, as 5 and a Blaster would serve fine, I'd probably then trim the Scourges (dropping the pistol and changing the lance to a Blaster) which could then let you put in some Skyweavers for your spare points and maybe a few dropped fusion pistols (presuming I'm reading right that the entire squads of Troupe are taking them, which is expensive overkill.

Then again, if you're playing Power Points you should always max those - frankly I'm confused a bit by the idea you're playing power points *and* regular points - you should do one or the other. I'm pretty sure you're just doing regular points, in which case all fusion is an expensive luxury.

2. If you want to go pure Harlequin - yeah, that is an option. Probably also getting a Death Jester and a Solitaire as well - you'll need to drop Yvrainne, the Scourges, the Warriors, and the Raider so you'll need at least more than 300 points of additional stuff.

3. Dark Reapers without a question, their shooting power and ability to come as a small unit makes them a very strong combo for SfD.

Yes, I want to know how to best use my collection as Ynnari and or Aeldari since I don't have enough for full Harlequin yet.

However, I also want to know what people would recommend for additional purchase (only 2 max) if I go full Harlequin or the other two routes.

So you got everything right.

Apologies for the confusion with the power / points. I just realised trying a few list on Battlescribe that 75 power and 1500 points are not that far apart with my collection. (If it is points I mostly change the war gear not the actual units).

I don't want super details for the war gear, just more or less unit wise what would work / is good for a 75 power game or 1500 points game since this is what we are likely to play for the next couple of months. As I said, I usually play points (1500) or if we go open play prefer the "open play" cards so that a strict point limit is less important and I can get over it. I think my buddy is/was clever in deciding on 75 power because it works well for him. I don't know, is 75 power kinda the unofficial equivalent of 1500 points in open play?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models   Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on 1500 / 75p list with these models
Page 1 of 1