THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Good Ynnari picks masterpost

Go down 
+3
TheHostwiththeMost
tonytastey
amishprn86
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 18:52

Dalamar wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
You take them b.c of the Brace of Pistols (Poison Flamers), they are cheap "troops" a 5man with Shuriken Catapults (these are good on the Jump guys) is 70pts for a Jump troop with Rending shots and a Flamer each (that is a pistol).

Or take a 5man Reaver Band for 50pts with Shardcarbines (the range) as objective holders, anti-chargers (the flamers each guy has).

Why do people keep calling "brace of pistols" flamers. They are not like flamers at all.  They are Pistol D6 shots that you roll once and apply it to all models in the unit.  you still need to roll to hit for each shot.  For example you have a 10 man unit and someone declares a charge.  You roll 1D6 lets say you get a 3.  You now have 30 shots hitting on 6's.  Flamers rock because they auto hit.  BoP don't.

It's all fine and dandy mates, but you are seriously starting to jetison out of the topic straight into the sun. Stick to the main idea about "good Ynnari picks" and take disscussions like this to another thread or PW for easier check out for other players who are only interested in the "good Ynnari picks".

Getting back on track, I tested the 20-man Hellion blob amishprn86. Shooting out 80 poison shots a turn is hilarious but I have to say it's a trippy fun pick at best, not really worth spending 350 points on. They make some pretty scary charges and are quite a fire magnet as people tend to just get scared of them. A dopey distraction Carnifex in my book.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22 2017, 18:55

Dalamar wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
You take them b.c of the Brace of Pistols (Poison Flamers), they are cheap "troops" a 5man with Shuriken Catapults (these are good on the Jump guys) is 70pts for a Jump troop with Rending shots and a Flamer each (that is a pistol).

Or take a 5man Reaver Band for 50pts with Shardcarbines (the range) as objective holders, anti-chargers (the flamers each guy has).

Why do people keep calling "brace of pistols" flamers. They are not like flamers at all.  They are Pistol D6 shots that you roll once and apply it to all models in the unit.  you still need to roll to hit for each shot.  For example you have a 10 man unit and someone declares a charge.  You roll 1D6 lets say you get a 3.  You now have 30 shots hitting on 6's.  Flamers rock because they auto hit.  BoP don't.

Your right, we do b.c its D6 within 8". 5D6 (So a chance of 30 shots, easier with Command Re-roll) with a chance of -1ap is still good for a "troop" slot that is cheap (50pts).

mightydoughnut wrote:

It's all fine and dandy mates, but you are seriously starting to jetison out of the topic straight into the sun. Stick to the main idea about "good Ynnari picks" and take disscussions like this to another thread or PW for easier check out for other players who are only interested in the "good Ynnari picks".

Getting back on track, I tested the 20-man Hellion blob amishprn86. Shooting out 80 poison shots a turn is hilarious but I have to say it's a trippy fun pick at best, not really worth spending 350 points on. They make some pretty scary charges and are quite a fire magnet as people tend to just get scared of them. A dopey distraction Carnifex in my book.

Thanks for the info.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Kronwald
Slave
Kronwald

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 17:43

What about Ynnari Warp Spiders?
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 07 2017, 20:39

Kronwald wrote:
What about Ynnari Warp Spiders?

Unless they clarify if we can jump with them with Soulburst, they are on the bench. Truth be told, I don't really see them that much, heard they are pretty subpar this edition.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Ynnari picks masterpost   Good Ynnari picks masterpost - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Ynnari picks masterpost
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2