THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2500 point force

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

2500 point force Empty
PostSubject: 2500 point force   2500 point force I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24 2017, 23:12

There's a 2500 point tournament event happening at my local hobby store in a couple of weeks so I thought I'd put together a list and see how I do.

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Archon
Agoniser
Blaster
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Elites

Incubi x 8

Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn x 5
Blasters x 4

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Mandrakes x 5

Troops

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster

Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors x 10
Dark Lance
Blaster

Raider
Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors x 5
Blaster

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Splinter Cannon

Heavy Support

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3

Ravager
Dark Lance x 3

Air Wing Detachment

Razorwing Jetfighter
Dark Lance x 2
Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter
Dark Lance x 2
Splinter Cannon

Voidraven
Dark Scythe x 2
Voidraven Missiles

2500 points

Honestly my first idea was to just take a tantalus, fill it with 15 blasterborn and build the rest of the list around it but, fun as it might be, I feel like that would be a recipe for disaster. The idea with this list is to make further use of the units that have worked really well for me in the games I've had in 8th so far (trueborn/incubi/ravagers/flyers in general) while benching the ones that haven't (scourges/reavers) with the exception of the mandrakes which I've never played before but apparently they're good now so I want to see what they're like. Anyway, let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure half the players taking part in the event play primaris so that'll be fun to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

2500 point force Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point force   2500 point force I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 19:47

With so many primaris I would say at try to find a way to fit a dissie Cannon ravager in there ... More shots to take out a single unit of marines, dissie ravagers have the potential to wipe an entire squad of marines in one shooting phase (assuming it's a 5 man squad of course) and a 10 man in the moral phase (possible but not 100% guaranteed but definitely possible) but the list looks solid enough. Another option would be to put the dissies on the jetfighters
Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

2500 point force Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point force   2500 point force I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 21:44

I did think about swapping out some dark lances for dissies but another thing about the primaris lists that are so common where I play is that a lot of those lists have repulsors and anything less than a dark lance just seems to bounce right off them. The last time I started cutting lances for better infantry killers my opponent fielded two of the things and they spent the game swaggering invincibly around firing their way too many guns in every direction and laughing at my attempts to stop them. It was a pretty traumatic afternoon. My idea for his infantry was to just try drowning them in splinter weapon saves. That being the reason I've splashed out for extra splinter cannons despite them arguably not being as good anymore. They always seem to work okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2500 point force Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2500 point force   2500 point force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2500 point force
Page 1 of 1