THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pts Wych Cult List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peteman
Slave

500pts Wych Cult List  Empty
PostSubject: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 22:19

Hello everyone. I'm new around here and am new to Dark Eldar and I'm getting back into 40k after a very long time. I'm really into the idea of playing a wych cult list, but I'm worried at this points level that they're too small in number and will get shot to pieces. Tell me what you think;

Succubus, w/Agoniser, Haywire Grenades 90pts

4 Hekatrix Bloodbrides w/ Haywire Grenades. 75pts
+ Venom w/ Nightshields, Splinter Cannon 75pts

5 wyches w/Haywire Grenades 60pts
+ Venom w/ Nightshields, Splinter Cannon 75pts

5 wyches w/Haywire Grenades 60pts
+ Venom w/ Nightshields, 65pts

Any comments welcome,

Thanks
Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 22:23

Not so much that your numbers are too few, but I'd really reccomend something that can penetrate a vehicle reliably. Swap a venom or two with a raider. That'll give you more anti-tank, the girls can do anti Infantry. Wouldn't bother with the bloodbrides, though, bulk up the wych squads instead.

I'd drop the haywires too, and use the points you save on those and the extra venom to snag a ravager, you can't afford to let tanks survive. (I know the grenades are fun, but they can't be counted on to penetrate, which is very important.)

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
Peteman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:02

So this would be bettter?

Succubus w/ Agoniser. 85pts

9 Wyches w/ Razorflail. 100pts
+ Raider w/ Nights Shields, Flickerfield. 70pts

5 Wyches w/ 50pts
+ Raider w/ Night Shield, Flickerfield. 70pts

Ravager w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield. 125pts

Total 500pts

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:02

Yeah... 500 point games differ from 1500-2000.

IMHO You can shave 20 points from all units (no haywires, no NS). Succubus don't need Haywires (not when You pay 5 points for them).

This is something I would field:

Succubus, PW 80 pts (PW because I was 5 points short and on this point level it's fair trade)

5 wyches + Hekatrix, PW 80 pts
Raider 60 pts

Raider 60 pts

Raider 60 pts

[edit]
Also OK, however I don't think You need dedicated AT on that point level when You can have more bodies and still pack DL. From my experience You probably don't need, nor should use any other slot different than Troops if You still have some free. Well, I found one exception - BA Sang Priests because they are underpriced force multiplier.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:29

With the list you last posted Pete I'd drop the Razorflail and all the vehicle upgrades entirely and then give both squads a Hekatrix with Agoniser and even out the squad sizes. There's no shame in taking a Ravager as there is only so far a theme can go with competitveness. Ravager with Wych crew will look fine.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Peteman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 00:08

Question: How inportant is having that third dark lance? Could one not ditch the third raider and increase the the troop numbers, CC gear and Raider protection:

Succubus w/ Agoniser, Harwire Grenades. 90pts (I had 5pts spare.)

8 Wyches w/ Razorflail + Hekatrix w/ Agoniser. 130pts
+ Raider w/ Nightshield, 70pts

9 Wyches w/ Razorflail, Hydragunlets + Hekatrix w/ Power Weapon. 140pts
+ Raider w/ Nightshield, 70pts

Total 500pts

Would this create too few targets?

Edit: So..

Succubus w/ Agoniser. 85pts

5 Wyches + Hekatrix w/ Agoniser 90pts
+ Raider 60pts

6 Wyches + Hekatrix w/Agoniser 100pts
+ Raider 60pts

Ravager. 105pts

Which list is better? Edit: Please explain why.

Thanks Cool

Last edited by Peteman on Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 00:59

Liking the second, as far as cult lists go at that points level.

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 02:07

I think You can dump Wych weapons, they look cool but IMHO only Shardnets may be useful.

Also You could replace Hekatrix Agonisers with PWs - slightly less chance for wound but also half of Ago cost (You can buy additional Wych). Hekatrix don't have so much attacks anyway and You probably won't fight T4+ too often in 500 point game...

I like second list because it's similar to mine Wink. I don't think that You need Ravager at this point level (I guess most armies can field 2-3 transports/light vehicles, if any) but it is better than 2x "Death Star". IMHO more bodies/units is more important than AT if You already have "something" so this is why I replaced Ravager and downgraded Agonisers for additional Troop in transport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult List    500pts Wych Cult List  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pts Wych Cult List
Page 1 of 1