THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pts Wych Cult

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Hellion

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 17:06

Hi everybody!

Me and a couple of my colleges recently started playing small 40k games during our lunchbreaks.
Each game is played at 500pts.
Since I'm new to playing Dark Eldar, I hoped to get some suggestions here...

This is the list I'm currently playing:

HQ
- Succubus with agoniser & venom blade

Troops
- 9 Wyches with 1 S&I, Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider with dark lance
(Succubus joins here)

- 10 Wyches with 1 Razorflails, Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider with dark lance

This should make for about 500pts (I don't have my codex lying around here to look up the exact values)

My collegues are playing Necrons, Orks & Tau.

Please give me some comments and/or advice since I'm completely new to Dark Eldar

Last edited by Nico on Wed Dec 14 2011, 19:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 17:34

Welcome to the Dark Kin!!! Ive notice you have started a wych cult blog. Havent had a chance to look at it myself, but lets see if I can help you build up a fluffy yet competitive list for you Razz

500 pts is kinda a hit or miss really. There are some really broken thing people can bring (like 52 orks... man that was alot to cut through) and also trying for a wych cult, you have the problem of having to take expensive units to make full squads. The first thing I can say I dont know how competitive your friends are, but you are lacking in AT for my eviroment (each gaming eviroment is different, so if your friends are just as new as you, you probably wont fight against much tanks) But lets take a look.

HQ: First off, you can only choose one special weapons. Since she has two (the agoniser and venom blade) you actually lose an attack for not being able to pair with another regular close combat weapon (or pistol, as it works like a close combat weapon) So just stick with the Agoniser. I know you were trying to find a place to put 5 points, but it actually hurts you to do that.

Troops: I have no complaint over your compisition of your troop choices, but the price you are paying for them. What I would do is drop the second squad to 5 man w/ 1 razorfails, hekatrix w/ Agoniser in a venom. That gives you 55 pts (60 with the 5 from the succubus) to work with. The Goal is trying to fit a Ravager in the list, so if we drop the shardnet squad to 5 in a raider (as you need the raider to fit the succubus in there) that comes out to 150 points, giving you a grand total of 110 points. So you can get the Ravager, and give your succubus haywire grenades (a good 5 pt investment. Probably wont use it, but still).

Now that that is set up, I would suggest droping both wych weapons and bulking up the succubus squad with more bodies. This way they can still pack a punch. So your list will look like this

90-Succubus w/ Agoniser, Haywire
160- 7 wyches w/ Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider
145- 5 wyches w/ Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Venom w/ Dual Splinter Cannon
105- Ravager

So basically how you will play this against most opponents is flat out your succubus raider to get it into position for T2 charge, as the venom and Ravager open fire on their priority targets (AI for venom, AT for Ravager) T2 your Succubus squad assaults, and wrecks face. If they get bogged down in combat (by a large squad of say orks... or bad rolling) you can use your secondary 5 man squad as a counter-charge to help them out. Remember to keep your Ravager shielding by cover and your venom.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 19:49

Thx for the info!

The persons I'm playing against aren't competitive at all. They are all 40k beginners.
For the moment, the only vehicle opposing me is the new Necron Annihilation Barge.
Rest of the guys field infantry only armies...

Since I have the megaforce kit, I have all the parts needed for your list.
I'll have to glue the venom and the ravager and then I will try out your list!

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 20:27

well, you could always use the Ravager with dissies Razz that would cut through infantry like a hot knife through butter, especially those pesky marines and necrons. The problem with that though is having just one lance wont do much against any tank, even if your only facing one.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 02:46

A bit of magnet magic on the ravager weapons would be advisable at this stage to keep your options open for going forward.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 17:00

@kenny: most non-DE players really can't tell the difference between DLs and Dissies...
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 22:10

Thx 4 the hints, I'm already magnetising my vehicles.
This my ravager should be glued so I can start playing this list by monday Smile
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 12:33

Just gave the suggested list a try against 500pts necrons.
Only his lord gave me some trouble (he was eventually killed bij the venom)
I went through the rest of his units at lightspeed!

Thx for the superb info!

Grts
Nico
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 14:43

no problem. Glad you liked it. How did the lord give you trouble??? Your succubus should of owned him in close combat, the problem being he could ID you if he had a warscythe, so you would have to be careful.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Hellion

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 17:59

The lord owned me by taking over my succubus with his mindshackle scarabs (yes, the bugger was lucky enough to radomly pick my succubus) resulting in my succubus wiping out most of my squad and and ID the turn afterwards...

But anyway, I pwnd him Wink

Tomorrow I will clean up some orks...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 18:23

Ouch... thats just bad luck right there. Sorry to hear it.

Btw I was tempted by the list to see how well it would fair. So I had a few games against some friends from my LGW who wanted to try out other armies at 500pts. Im not going to lie I was quite impressed with it (won all 5 games). It was a fun little 500 pt army. Im more of a Coven guy though (although I play Kabal) so wyches arent really my thing. It was fun none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

500pts Wych Cult  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pts Wych Cult    500pts Wych Cult  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pts Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1