THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings

Go down 
+2
|Meavar
hekatrixxy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Empty
PostSubject: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 06:22

I realised yesterday that I have enough spare bodies and dark lances from Kabalite warrior kits along with left over wings from the two Crypt Horrors kits that I used for Grotesque conversions to potentially make a unit of Dark Lance scourges. Has anyone done this before and do you have any tips on how to attach the wings to the kabalite warrior bodies?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 07:31

I tried something similar before for a inquisimunda character, it was with different wings though.

I first tried to shape it so I let them come from the middle part of the back. I myself found this to be both annoying and the result looked slightly of. I then used a craftworld eldar guardian as a base for the back, they have 2 nice spots that are made to connect somehing.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 15:37

Someone did this for the Christmas exchange a few years back, and I copied him,

Step 1: You need to trim the spikes that come off the wings a bit to allow the model to stand (I ordered scourge bodies, not kabalites)

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Img_0316
Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Img_0317

Step 2: Then you need to shave the bumps that are used to attach the wings to the arms of the horrors. Ive shaved more on one of them, and less on the other. It ended up giving me different wing positions. Luckily for this post, a wing came off during travel.

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Img_0315

Step 3: Green stuff (or gray stuff in my case) between the wings and into the back wing slots. In your case, you may want to forgo a back plate altogether and just green stuff the entire back.

Step 4: Weight them down. I used quarters.

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Img_0318
Converting scourges from crypt horror wings Img_0319

Side Note: The original Haemonculus who created these used the tiny wings instead of the two curved ones the green mohawk scourge has. So if you dont like the "banking to the left" look, thats an option
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 19:46

@RedRegicide awesome stuff. Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can post pics of what I end up with when I get round to doing it. Very busy with work at the moment though Sad
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 21:11

No problem! Yeah I feel that, posting on here is most of my hobbying at the moment unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 16:01

Those looks fantastic. They look very natural and you can finally have only demon wings for your scourges \o/
Bookmarked for when I'll had the time & $ to get my hands on crypt horrors Razz

Regarding the conversion, I'd recommand pinning to ensure a better solidity.

Side note regarding weighing bases, IK it's very minor & unlikely but in certain country using money like this can be considered as destroying currencies (as it can't be traded anymore) and might involve some legal actions. A GW owner told me that a loooonng time ago because I used the same technique ^^'

Anyway, I'd recommand using lead pellets, you canf oudn some for cheap on ebay : example, and it works better than coins (especially if you have that plastic bar in the middle of the bottom base.

Beside all of this, thanks for sharing @RedRegicide, very apreciated.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2017, 15:19

By the way, don't forget that the Crypt Horror 'sergeant' has a smaller pair of wings on his head.

Even if you don't use them on the scourges, for consistency's sake, you might still be able to find a use for them elsewhere. e.g.:

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings 6HKJJoFl
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 21:16

hehe. Looks like Illidan. Nice
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2017, 13:43

@The shredder : Nice one =o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting scourges from crypt horror wings   Converting scourges from crypt horror wings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting scourges from crypt horror wings
Page 1 of 1