THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers Empty
PostSubject: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 02:23

Hey guys,

I'm playing my coven units as Children of Bone. They are known for extra large grots and well, bones.

I want to keep the bone club as a monstrous cleaver, it fits the theme nicely, but i do want to make it seem more like a bladed weapon, maybe an axe.

Theres two kinds, the plain bone and the one with bone spikes tied to it. Should i just paint those spikes metallic and add some to the none spiked club?

I'm making 4 from 2 boxes of CH so bits arent an issue. also i have a lot of spare sprues including some talos stuff (macro scalpals are already on him tho)
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 09:16

If you have spare bits from Raiders or Venoms, you should have some underdeck blades spares that if cut well, would make for decent axe blades that you'll just need to green stuff a bit to make it look more in line with the model.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 12:23

That was one of my thoughts. Think I should try and make it look fleshy at the top or cut the blades bottom off and carve out the bone a little so the green stuff is just used to fill in the gaps and it just looks like metal portruding from the bone?
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 16:43

I'd personally cut and glue/greenstuff them in a way that they look like they've been stuck through the bone.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 17:01

Oh that’s awesome, thanks doughnut!
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25 2017, 18:43

'Tis what I do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers   Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crypt Horrors --> Grots, making monstrous cleavers
Page 1 of 1