THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ynnari point values.

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Sanore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

ynnari point values. Empty
PostSubject: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 13:23

So my question is that with the release of the craftworld eldar codex would ynnari armies continue using index point values for the asuryani units or would I use the new point values from the codex for asuryani units in a ynnari army?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 13:44

Oddly, GW is of the stance that you can use either.
I would say most people would expect to use the ones from the codex though.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 21:10

Quote :
Oddly, GW is of the stance that you can use either.
I would say most people would expect to use the ones from the codex though.

That's kind of odd..I doubt they'll really nerf anything significant but wouldn't that kind of invalidate nerfing the index at all?

Also, how do you think they'll handle the different Craftworld doctrines? Will the servants of Ynnead be able to harness the power of their roots, or will GW have them give it up?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 21:58

Always use the newest rules. If you want to play Ynarri you need the cwe codex. The index sheets are for legacy units and builds.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 03:59

TheBaconPope wrote:
Also, how do you think they'll handle the different Craftworld doctrines? Will the servants of Ynnead be able to harness the power of their roots, or will GW have them give it up?
They have the following statement:
"YNNARI is a keyword that some units in this book can gain when taken as part of a Reborn army, as detailed in other publications. If a Detachment includes any YNNARI units, it is no longer a Craftwords Detachment and will not gain either of the abilities listed below:"

Below that statement are the objective secured and specific Craftworld attributes. Likewise, the Strategems "require any Craftworlds Detachment, excluding Auxiliary Support Detachments".

So Ynnari cannot gain any benefit from such things as the -1 to hit for being an Alaitoc Detachment, as well as a few other Codex benefits.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 04:04

Is "stratagems" in that listed area? B.c i dont have my book yet (getting it tomorrow) from what my friend that has it told me craftworld ynnari in a different detachment can still benefit from a few of the stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 04:43

Under the Stratagems heading:
"If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Craftworlds Detachements (p116), excluding Auxiliary Support Detachments, you have access to the Stratagems shown here..."
p116 has the quote in my previous post about any Ynnari unit means the Detachment is no longer a Craftworlds Detachment. So you need a non-Ynnari detachment if you want to use the Codex Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 09:00

Yea you'll need one completely pure craftworld detachment in order to access the stratagems, I imagine that you could even use the craftworld attributes for that detachment too.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 09:14

My only question is whether you can use the craftworld strategems on Ynnari units as long as they meet the requirements on the card. Or are they limited to being used on units from Craftworld Detachments? Not seen the cards yet so no idea what they say.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29 2017, 09:54

Most of the stratagems have a requirement like ASURYANI or GUARDIAN or similar, and some have <CRAFTWORLD> or a specific Craftworld on them. Provided your Ynnari units have the relevant keywords, the stratagems will work on them too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ynnari point values.   ynnari point values. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ynnari point values.
Page 1 of 1