THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

my wishlist

Go down 
+20
TheBaconPope
LordSplata
Stea1k
The Strange Dark One
Skulnbonz
Marrath
lament.config
Ikol
Faitherun
Bad-baden-baden
Burnage
FuelDrop
Archon_91
Count Adhemar
|Meavar
SushiBoy013
krayd
dumpeal
Mppqlmd
Aschen
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

my wishlist - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27 2017, 23:39

I would love something like

"Opening fire : Ravagers fire each of their weapons 3 times during the first turn of the game".

I'd get even more of the pirate raid feeling i love when playing kabal !

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 00:18

I want a heavy Ravager with multiple broadside weapons...
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 00:26

Marrath wrote:
I'd really like me some nice Huskblade rules and Squidmaster nailed it!
Hope we get something like that, because my Archon has one
<<<
Edit: Excuse me, it's actually a Djinn Blade.
<<<
My bad.
By the way, what about the Djinn Blade?
I'd really like it back.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 03:44

Marrath wrote:
Marrath wrote:
I'd really like me some nice Huskblade rules and Squidmaster nailed it!
Hope we get something like that, because my Archon has one
<<<
Edit: Excuse me, it's actually a Djinn Blade.
<<<
My bad.
By the way, what about the Djinn Blade?
I'd really like it back.

Only if they made it good. It's not something I was ever inclined to take in previous editions.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 03:50

Yeah, last edition the Djinn blade was functionally useless. A couple of extra S3 AP 3 attacks, but the high risk of bad stuff happening... I do not know why anyone would take it over an Agonizer.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 03:51

Perhaps the Djinn Blade could operate on a quota based system? Something like,
Blood Tithe: The Bearer of the Djinn Blade may make four extra attacks than normal when fighting with this weapon. If the Bearer did not inflict an unsaved wound at the end of any fight phase they participated in, they suffer one mortal wound, as the spirit inside the blade rebels against its owner.

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 03:56

Djinn blade
S user
AP -3
Damage 1
For every wound this weapon inflicts, the target unit takes a mortal wound. On any round in which the bearer fights but is unable to inflict 1 wound before saves, thr bearer takes 1 mortal wound as the blade rebels.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 03:59

FuelDrop wrote:
Djinn blade
S user
AP -3
Damage 1
For every wound this weapon inflicts, the target unit takes a mortal wound. On any round in which the bearer fights but is unable to inflict 1 wound before saves, thr bearer takes 1 mortal wound as the blade rebels.

Pretty good idea - captures the feeling of the blade without being too punishing.
Dunno how I feel about S:User of course. Seems every weapon and their dog has S + X these days.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 04:11

Well it is a relic... maybe S +1?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 06:56

Mppqlmd wrote:
I would love something like

"Opening fire : Ravagers fire each of their weapons 3 times during the first turn of the game".

I'd get even more of the pirate raid feeling i love when playing kabal !

Hell NO, Please don't, I know we are a glass hammer and are all for the alpha strike and such, but this just means half the games will be decided again on who gets the first turn. It would possibly be something like preliminary bombardment (roll a dice for each enemy unit on the table on a 6+ it suffers a mortal wound). Which is not nearly as good as being able to fire 6 additional lances for each ravager (most lists have a few ravagers, do you consider having 18 lance/ 54 disintegrator shots extra in turn 1 not a total annalation of the enemy? Or would mean nearly a doubling in price for the ravagers. In which case it just comes down to who get's the first turn either we lose enough ravagers to have no chance anymore or they lose enough the first turn and they have no chance anymore.

A small bonus when ending your move more than half your move away sounds nice, but people will instantly shoot OP and it will end up with something like we have now (counting all heavy weapons as assault on vehicles) or if we are "lucky" we might even be able to advance and shoot without penalty.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 10:04

Hopefully, the codex doesn't nerf ravagers, as the other thread points out they have been sold out basically since 8th edition was a thing. No one can even buy them. So, if you are trying to start DE, it's a big frak you. Given that GW has actually seen a growth from 8th maybe they won't be short sighted and nerf them.

On the other hand, we are not the alpha strike army we once were(maybe due to edition changes?). In fact, twelve drops or more seems to be easy for us in a 2k list (with transports more without). Multiple beastmasters or any HQ on foot add to that. Death by a thousand cuts has been a thing in the world of DE for a good minute..even before it was a maelstrom objective.

Final note for the post the Djinn blade has been trash for so long I hope it isn't even in our next codex.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 11:06

FuelDrop wrote:
Djinn blade
S user
AP -3
Damage 1
I like that, has a nice "kill or be killed" ring to it Smile

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 13:01

|Meavar wrote:

Hell NO, Please don't, I know we are a glass hammer and are all for the alpha strike and such, but this just means half the games will be decided again on who gets the first turn. It would possibly be something like preliminary bombardment (roll a dice for each enemy unit on the table on a 6+ it suffers a mortal wound). Which is not nearly as good as being able to fire 6 additional lances for each ravager (most lists have a few ravagers, do you consider having 18 lance/ 54 disintegrator shots extra in turn 1 not a total annalation of the enemy? Or would mean nearly a doubling in price for the ravagers. In which case it just comes down to who get's the first turn either we lose enough ravagers to have no chance anymore or they lose enough the first turn and they have no chance anymore.

A small bonus when ending your move more than half your move away sounds nice, but people will instantly shoot OP and it will end up with something like we have now (counting all heavy weapons as assault on vehicles) or if  we are "lucky" we might even be able to advance and shoot without penalty.

Considering how most AT tanks in the game are getting amazingly increased firepower (Fire prisms had their efficiency almost tripled), if the Ravager doesn't receive extra shots of some kind, it's going down the meta drain.

If you compare what i suggested with what Fire prisms are able to deliver every round with the extra Linked fire stratagem, it's not that much over the top.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 13:37

I wouldn't mind something like a "focus fire" strategem for Ravagers that makes them only fire a single shot, but doubles their S, AP and D values temporarily.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 13:45

Quote :
I wouldn't mind something like a "focus fire" strategem for Ravagers that makes them only fire a single shot, but doubles their S, AP and D values temporarily.

Eh, I'm a little wary to dedicate myself to a single shot, but let's assume that Linked Fire gives you a single shot of S16 AP-5 D: 6 towards a Russ.

1 Shot, .67 Hits, .56 Wounds, .56 Unsaved, 3.33 Damage.

With triple lances, it's a flat 3.5.

Even if you're firing at a Land Raider, you're still only doing about .42 more damage
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 14:09

Note that the average of 2D6 is 7, not 6.

Which, uh, still doesn't help a huge amount to be honest. I'm spitballing here.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 14:56

Or "Focus fire: If the ravager shoot its 3 lances at the same target, treat each lances as "S9, AP -4, D6, melta"

and "Diffuse fire: If the ravager shoot its 3 disintegrator at a single unit, you can inflict a single hit to each model of the targetted unit instead of the normal to hit phase. treat the disintegrator as "S4, PA-1, D2"
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:01

Oh I quite like that! Especially the Diffuse fire, it'd really give us some good anti-horde

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:05

TheBaconPope wrote:
Oh I quite like that! Especially the Diffuse fire, it'd really give us some good anti-horde

Probably the best anti-horde in the game, so zero chance of it happening.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:07

Count Adhemar wrote:
TheBaconPope wrote:

Can reduce it to S3
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:11

dumpeal wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
TheBaconPope wrote:

Can reduce it to S3

Even at S3 you're basically killing nearly half of any horde unit (cultists, conscripts etc) with each shot and the morale test will take care of even more. I love the idea but there is no way it will ever happen and certainly not to Dark Eldar!

TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:27

Quote :
Even at S3 you're basically killing nearly half of any horde unit (cultists, conscripts etc) with each shot and the morale test will take care of even more. I love the idea but there is no way it will ever happen and certainly not to Dark Eldar!

If the Ravager needs to make a Hit Roll, would that bring it more in check?

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 15:32

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

Is there any weapon in the game currently which can hit every model in a large unit? We're not going to get something which is that out of sync with the other factions, especially when it's not especially fluffy.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 16:26

Burnage wrote:
TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

Is there any weapon in the game currently which can hit every model in a large unit? We're not going to get something which is that out of sync with the other factions, especially when it's not especially fluffy.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. I also think it's absurd, given there are ~100 point units out there that are literally throwing buckets of dice (Taurox Prime is the one that really springs to mind with 31 S4 shots at 24" range for 99 points).

TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 16:37

Quote :
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. I also think it's absurd, given there are ~100 point units out there that are literally throwing buckets of dice (Taurox Prime is the one that really springs to mind with 31 S4 shots at 24" range for 99 points).

It is a bit absurd, and I say this as someone with a Tempestus Army. 32 Shots, 8 of which are at AP-2 at S4 for less than a hundred.
To be fair, however. The Prime is getting bumped 15 points, the Gatling Cannon is getting a two point bump, and Hot Shot Volley Guns are getting uped by a point a piece. So it really will be 118 points after CA.
Still a whole lot of dakka.

PostSubject: Re: my wishlist   my wishlist - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my wishlist
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next