THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.

Go down 
+14
Burnage
Bad-baden-baden
|Meavar
FuelDrop
URIEN
amishprn86
LordSplata
The Shredder
TheBaconPope
dumpeal
Britishgrotesque
Mppqlmd
Chippen
Skulnbonz
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 19:34

The only place I can think of a mine being useful against vehicles is a squadron of three Sentinels...but then you're wasting it to maybe kill about fifty five points, if you're lucky

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 19:38

Skulnbonz wrote:
No. A mine can only drop on one wyvern, as they are counted as separate units from the second they are deployed.  Same with all vehicle squadrons.
The mine is near useless against monsters and vehicles.  rare exceptions (a unit of talos for example) stand out, so the mine is best used on... other Dark eldar. Go Figure.

I forgot Wyverns act separately, i agree its less likely but i'm saying there are some that do and THEN you would use it on them.  A bomber doesnt have to bomb a single tank.

Dont forget that Artillery are also a vehicle

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 21:33

I wish artillery was a vehicle.
I was running earthshaker batteries as catachan for the reroll, and was shown that no, they are in fact not vehicles. At least they do not have the vehicle keyword. They are, however, deployed as a squadron like wyverns, so the bomb is still useless against them.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 23:29

Having recently had my Voidraven at a tournament, I would say most armies there is something decent to drop the bomb on. Two of my five games there was a shot that would kill the full points of the Voidraven in one bomb, and the other three games twice had an OK target, and once the best was three dice against a key vehicle.

It is possible your opponent can design a list to avoid them being effective, but the Voidraven is likely well down the list of priorities.

Back to top Go down
Dizzie
Kabalite Warrior
Dizzie

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 01:34

I love Voidraven's, for 13 points of difference from the ravager, you gain 2 wounds and hard to hit.
I never see anyone really mention dark scythes which i always seem to have great success with, pretty much guaranteed 3 shots, possibly 6, I know its less Damage per shot but mine always seem to pull through for me causing enough damage, while being a bullet magnet too.
The mine is just a bonus if even just for the psychological warfare on the table.

Got to admit though the new CA is pretty poop!, my dark heart is broke again lol
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 02:17

Any of the faction entries with only 1 stratagem are in the works for 2018 according to one of the reliable sources I have.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 04:17

Skulnbonz wrote:
I wish artillery was a vehicle.
I was running earthshaker batteries as catachan for the reroll, and was shown that no, they are in fact not vehicles. At least they do not have the vehicle keyword.  They are, however, deployed as a squadron like wyverns, so the bomb is still useless against them.

Um what? they are not? the artillery my partner using are and eldar ones are aswell.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Clothar
Slave
Clothar

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 04:20

Massaen wrote:
Any of the faction entries with only 1 stratagem are in the works for 2018 according to one of the reliable sources I have.

All of the factions are due out by June 2018.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 07:22

Marines codex July 2018?
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 08:40

The mine is great against entrenched units like Dev's in cover for example. The trouble is getting over them as they normally sit far back. Then there's the thing of not flying off the table -_-

Though I also recently went to a tournament with 3 Voidravens xD One of my games was against a single Reaver and then Necrons. It were only those two games that the void mines didn't make an absolute mess of units. Such as Sanguinary guard, Dev's, Hellblasters, entrenched tact' squads and the sorts. They are amazing against units like that.

To be honest the little attention in CA doesn't bother me, I actually look forward to it as I really want a 20 strong unit of Hellions pouring out of the webway and making a mess of things. Just that stratagem alone makes me want to take units I otherwise wouldn't.

PostSubject: Re: What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.   What Chapter Approved Foreshadows. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Chapter Approved Foreshadows.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2