THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wave Serpent vs. Raider

Go down 
+9
Burnage
aurynn
amishprn86
yellabelly
|Meavar
FuelDrop
Xm0shcryptX
Aschen
SushiBoy013
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08 2017, 11:48

aurynn wrote:
Okay. That never happened to me. Neither against Guiliman and friends, nor against shooty alphastrike CHSM, not against Renegade Knights and Magnus, rly never. I have seen other armies lose much more than I did. And losing 2 Voidweavers to all that shooting... that does not sound statistically right either. Not even with the new 3++ stratagem. But okay.

-1 to hit 4++ cant re-roll the 3+ to hit, thats literally 1/2 the damage (Tho i think its more like 47% less or something odd, just doing math in my head so rounding a bit), 2 Vehicles is 1/2 of 4. plus i'd rather use a CP on a 4++ than a 5++ to re-roll a save (granted i have on a 5++ many times before doesnt work as well is all).

Yes its 8 less wounds, but for every large weapon that doesnt kill it, thats another one wasted, if i'm down to 1-2 wounds, he will over kill it with small arms due tot he fact that it is harder to kill and fear it wont die.

Leaving me with more on the table, and many times my quins are left alive, i've never had a starweaver and all the quins die to shooting in 1 round before.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08 2017, 12:22

Wait... he can reroll any failed hits and wounds. Why wouldn't he reroll those?
EDIT: Assuming we are talking 'bout Guiliman and friends.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08 2017, 12:33

aurynn wrote:

It's the order of operations for rerolls and modifiers.

You roll to hit, compare to your BS, reroll failures, and then apply modifiers. So if you're BS 3+ shooting at something with a -1 to hit, you can only reroll your 1s and 2s.

It's counter-intuitive as hell but it also makes -1 to hit considerably stronger than it first appears.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08 2017, 12:37

Oh yea. I understood it as if he can't reroll at all.
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09 2017, 08:49

Burnage wrote:
aurynn wrote:

You roll to hit, compare to your BS, reroll failures, and then apply modifiers. So if you're BS 3+ shooting at something with a -1 to hit, you can only reroll your 1s and 2s.

It's counter-intuitive as hell but it also makes -1 to hit considerably stronger than it first appears.

That sounds like a useful rule to know about! Where does it say things work this way so I can point it out to my friends?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09 2017, 09:11

The faq's and maybe now the CA

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09 2017, 12:15

Aschen wrote:
Burnage wrote:
aurynn wrote:

That sounds like a useful rule to know about!  Where does it say things work this way so I can point it out to my friends?

It's page 178 of the main rulebook, in the "Re-rolls" section at the side;

"Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll, which means you get to roll some or all of the dice again. You can never re-roll a dice more than one, and re-rolls happen before modifiers (if any) are applied."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wave Serpent vs. Raider   Wave Serpent vs. Raider - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wave Serpent vs. Raider
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3