THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers

Go down 
+3
Calyptra
Kantalla
yellabelly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers Empty
PostSubject: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2017, 15:27

Hi all,
Just wondering how you good folks go about fixing the weapons to your pirate ships. Do you worry about full WYSIWYG and switching out dark lances and disintegrator cannons, or just accept that one big gun on a ship looks very much like another big gun on a ship?
I guess it's only needed if your running two of the same vehicle with different loadouts. In which case, I'll be building two raiders and two ravagers anyway. If I give one of each lances, and one of each cannons then I can differentiate them in game. If I'm running both with the same weapon load out it won't matter if the guns look a little different as there's no confusion over which has what gun anyway. Sound sensible?
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2017, 19:04

Ideally I would magnetise the weapons, but find our vehicles aren't easy to do that with.

I considered removing the little bumps on the sides of the guns that attach to the shields, and magnetising against the hands of the gunner, but that looks more difficult than most weapon swap options.

Be great to see some details if anyone has magnetised the weapons on Raiders / Ravagers.

Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 15 2017, 21:07

I think people often just magnetize the barrels.

Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers Ravager_magnet

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16 2017, 15:50

I've pinned mines (not glued), but you can totally magnetize those

Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16 2017, 17:20

Never thought of popping the magnets into the barrel. That's awesome, thanks!

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2017, 12:09

Genius. *stealing*

http://www.escelionfilms.com
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 17 2017, 20:48

I did the barrel magnets on my raider last night. A 2mm fits, but barely. It's tighter than the proverbial ducks back side. I've ordered some wee little 1mm's for the job.

Slave
Triavan

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 06:23

This works really well, but I recommend a washer in your kit to stick all your gun barrels to or you'll be chasing dark lances around the bottom of your case forever.
Back to top Go down
Asdrubael
Slave
Asdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2018, 03:52

I cant post links because Im new so Ill seperate them and you can just fix them in your browser.

All I took out were the www and dot coms. Just add those in and you will find good tutorials on what you're looking for.

Here are some videos you should watch before you attempt anything.

These 2 are basics starter videos.

youtube /watch?v=AIt4wRvwOVw

youtube /watch?v=7-qyiKJlOps

This is DE specific.

youtube /watch?v=u7Iuno4-XM8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers   Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switching weapons on Raiders/Ravagers
Page 1 of 1