THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?

Go down 
+9
Pippolele
PFI
Ikol
Barrywise
amishprn86
SushiBoy013
LordSplata
Count Adhemar
ncshooter426
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ncshooter426
Hellion
ncshooter426

Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? Empty
PostSubject: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 19:38

Noticed on the 1d4chan article it talks about cramming a bunch of (non FAQ'd) hellions into a tantalus for the lulz. Is there any tactical viability to this? Other than the double pod shots... where is the benefit?

I've been using it with blasterborn+a few DL mostly, but I'd love to use it as a cheeky druggie boat.

+ Necrons are coming 2017
+ Sons of Medusa WIP
================
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 27 2018, 22:17

Yeah, until Forge World get around to FAQ'ing it, the Tantalus can take both Hellions and Scourges. A Hellion gunboat is a decent option as I seem to recall the mathhammer saying they are amongst our most effective shooting units but the cost and vulnerability usually means they don't make it into lists. Shoving them into a Tantalus alleviates the second of those concerns, if not the first.

My personal favourite is 3 units of Scourges and a Haem

LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 04:29

Why a haemonculus?
What benefit does that give?
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 05:02

LordSplata wrote:
Why a haemonculus?

I believe +1T to the Tantalus

Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 05:19

Yep... you can do 4 Tantalus with all Scouges/Hellions inside and a couple Haemi outside for +1 toughness lol

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28 2018, 18:59

Just as like T4 and T3, T8 is a lot better than T7.

Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 06:25

Barrywise wrote:
Just as like T4 and T3, T8 is a lot better than T7.

Bolters need a 6 again!

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2018, 03:47

the viability is to use the tantalus to protect the hellions so they don't die to any shooting stronger then a bb gun. Also when you disembark you can add 3" to yur threat. take the combat drug for +2 move

suddenly your hellions are 14+3+2 =19 inches towards the enemy turn one and only need a 5 inch charge to get to the front of the opponents deployment zone, ynnari double move and go +1 attack drug out of the tantalus and you have a pretty decent charge. hellions benefit well from soulburst since they have good shooting and melee. they are just expensive and fragile. Hopefully that gets fixed in new dex
Back to top Go down
Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2019, 14:50

PFI wrote:
the viability is to use the tantalus to protect the hellions so they don't die to any shooting stronger then a bb gun. Also when you disembark you can add 3" to yur threat. take the combat drug for +2 move

suddenly your hellions are 14+3+2 =19 inches towards the enemy turn one and only need a 5 inch charge to get to the front of the opponents deployment zone, ynnari double move and go +1 attack drug out of the tantalus and you have a pretty decent charge. hellions benefit well from soulburst since they have good shooting and melee. they are just expensive and fragile. Hopefully that gets fixed in new dex

And if you make them Red Grief you can advance and reroll charge distances

I think I'll make my Hellions in a Tantalus Red Grief again to pair them up with Reavers for T1 charges all over the place!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2019, 16:23

SushiBoy013 wrote:
LordSplata wrote:
Why a haemonculus?

I believe +1T to the Tantalus

How? Auras don't work inside vehicles.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2019, 07:29

The Haemonculus needs to be outside of it to give it +1 toughness if it is coven.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2019, 21:07

plus the units inside can still fire if the tantalus falls back
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 15:08

If it's hellions or scourges in the tantalus, yes.

Hellion
Serpent Fly

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2019, 20:54

Red grief helions can make a T1 charge with a bit of luck. But personally strife with Adrenalite and a carefully lined up T2 charge is more impactful. Moving up and shooting from a tantalus along the way makes this an even more promising prospect. I'd even take a Succubus with +2 M to run and advance out and try to reach 6" of the last hellion for that nice re roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?   Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus + Hellion shenanigans?
Page 1 of 1