THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What Hero Model would you bring out?

Go down 
+21
Bibitybopitybacon
CptMetal
Archon_91
archondav
lament.config
Imateria
Sarkesian
Marrath
Squidmaster
Gorefather
Dwarfepic
assassin
PFI
URIEN
|Meavar
TheBaconPope
hekatrixxy
Barrywise
FuelDrop
Tounguekutter
Vindicavi
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

What Hero Model would you bring out? Empty
PostSubject: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 21:19

All in the title. As GW wont make rules for a model that they can't sell us, what named character from our fluff or previous codexes would you make/redo and what would it look like?

For me my top two would be:

Druzhar, the 5th codex artwork for him is amazing and I would love a model to match it, handsdown my first choice for a new model.

The Baron, the baron would be a fantastic dynamic model, I made my own back in 5th and I would definitely buy an offical one if it was a good sculpt. It would also add so much needed variety to our HQ options, whilst I love our named archons I feel something else would be better than different types of footslogging HQs.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 23:03

What a tough question, there are so many great characters coming from the 5th edition dex. For myself, and I'm sure many others, Duke Sliscus could use a model. As of yet there is no Kabalite special character, and Sliscus is similar enough to stand in as one, yet of course, space-bound Kabals would be represented as well. Sliscus was originally a fantastic support character, and I think a character that supports a combined Drukhari playstyle would be well-received.

What I don't want to see: Vect. For me, Vect is the kind of evil overlord who never does things himself (and thus puts himself in a risky position). Fielding him on the table would feel weird unless he had some sort of escape mechanic (like teleporting back into his Web-way fortress) that denied warlord or some such. And even then, sending him into combat even with lowly enemy would feel uncharacteristically vainglorious. Vect doesn't need personal glory. He's Vect and everyone knows it.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 00:15

Duke Sliscus, Vect, Lady Malice, in that order.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 00:17

Baron Sathonyx for sure. I got the Russian-made model a couple months back and painted him to look like the green goblin. I'd love to run him as more than just a Hellion Champion.

Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 04:05

Sythrac from the Andy Chambers books. Using his soul armour to “slow down time” so he can easily defeat his opponents. Could have a rule something like:

Once per battle activate souls. Enemies have a -2 to hit and Sythrac can re-roll all to hit rolls.

Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 06:28

Lady Malice for sure. Her being in combat makes a lot more sense than Vect to me, and the return of her Crystal Heart to give a null aura would be excellent and much needed.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 06:41

Baron Sathonyx hands down
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 07:23

I have to say I agree with Vect not being playable in normal games. The one thing I could say is making the dais again and having vect disappear when his vehicle is destroyed. Maybe it was only a hologram Or he escaped
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 09:35

Pretty much all of them to be honest XD Malixian the mad, Syhtrac would just be epic, Malys absolutely.

Vect I would love, though I understand in what some of you are saying but we know that he's been venturing out himself. Whether or not it is truly ever him who knows. It could be his Gelding or like you say a hologram. he can just send Medusae to take it all and live it through their fruits from the safety of his throne room.

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 00:25

God wouldn't it just be incedibly cool as frak if lady malys had a crystal heart rule that cause enemies to reroll invul saves of a 6 or -1 to invuls within 6" of her? that'd be cool
Back to top Go down
assassin
Slave
assassin

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 14:37

Personally I would love to see the Decapitator back in action, he was so cool I even made a custom 4 armed mandrake who serves as my Night-fiend nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Dwarfepic
Slave
Dwarfepic

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 16:59

Duke sliscus hands down. Low orbit raid (deep strike) for raiders and venoms and then the serpents venom ability (poison 3+ for one kabalite unit). Then they do some swanky model and a custom raider for him.
Also lady malys for sure. Something akin to vects old 5e seize initiative on a 4+ and her old crystal heart ability would make me take her every game.
If both of these got pimp models and decent (not broken) rules to make them fun and competitive to a local level, I would be over the moon.
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 01:00

I would only like to see Vect if they do it properly. I'm not even talking about his little Ravager from the old days, I'm talking about his personal ziggurat from Path of the Dark Eldar. An enormous floating monolith with his face displayed on each side just bristling with dark light weapons. It would be the only Lord of War that True Kin can take.

Other than that, Lady Malys to play up the pro Ynnari/anti Vect side, Kheradruakh could be brought back now that Aelindrach has been bound to Commorragh completely, or just bring back the Duke.

For new characters I wouldn't mind seeing Lady Khromys of the Obsidian Rose for the pro Vect side.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 09:49

If I only get one choice, I'd say Decapitator on personal choice, Vect as logical choice.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 11:07

Baron Sathonyx, because Hellion Skyboard.
If i remember his rules were also cool.
And he is not from the upper class, kinda like "people's choice".

Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 16:13

Give me a Scourge hero, someone new. Scourge are some of my favorite models, It'd be nice to see them have an HQ that isn't just an Archon with wings, because of loadout reasons.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2018, 02:52

Marrath wrote:
He is actually, he was a Dracon long before he was the Lord Hellion.

Lady Malys and Baron Sathonyx would defintiely be my choices.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2018, 17:15

Baron and Kheradruakh. Vect would be awesome as well
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2018, 20:09

Imateria wrote:
Marrath wrote:
He is actually, he was a Dracon long before he was the Lord Hellion.

Lady Malys and Baron Sathonyx would defintiely be my choices.

I stand corrected.
Note to self: If you got no clue, shut up Rolling Eyes

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 03:06

For anyone interested:

Baron Sathonyx, also known as Lord Hellion, is a Dark Eldar Hellion. Once a noble in the Kabal of the Slashed Eye, Sathonyx was punished for bringing an Eldar Farseer into court, a fine prize but too dangerous for even the Kabal and was accused of putting the entire house in jeopardy. Banished by Archon Cythrax, Lord of the Slashed Eye, he was captured and cast into the bowels of Commorragh. Sathonyx slew his captors and fled. From that day on, a substantial reward has been on Sathonyx's head. However no bounty hunter or alien bloodhound could track him. Not even the elite Kabalite Trueborn could catch him. Gathering to him an army of the exiles, dispossessed and rebels, Sathonyx launched a year-long campaign that brought the house of Cythrax to its knees.[1]

To this day not even his most senior lieutenants knows his darkest secret: His coat is lined with the bones of the Farseer that began his downfall, and by scattering them in blood Sathonyx can see dimly into the future, allowing him to be forever one step ahead of his foes.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sathonyx

Slave
archondav

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 14:27

My vote is for Kruellagh the Vile and her Emasculators. At least there's a model for her
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 16:12

Everyone seems to be in favour of the Baron. Here's hoping GW is listening, I've heard some rumours about Hellions being actually good in the new codex so maybe we will see some love for the rabble and street gangs of the lower spires.

Have to say I'd prefer a wing option for the Archon/Hammy over a Scourge character but that’s just my personal taste.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 19:58

I would love to see lady Malys come back, when I first started in 5th I got caught up in her lore and built my kabal around her as inspiration and took her in most games
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 21:35

Anything that's not walking infantry.

Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2018, 20:16

Lady Malys! But I'm suspicious that they used her concept art for yvraine.... But maybe steel fans are the must have battle accessory for the discerning Dark Eldar Lady this century?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Hero Model would you bring out?   What Hero Model would you bring out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Hero Model would you bring out?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next