THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What other miniature games do you play?

Go down 
+8
Zaakath
Sky Serpent
Demagoge
Grendel007
Evil Space Elves
Phototoxin
Thor665
lululu_42
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

What other miniature games do you play? Empty
PostSubject: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 10:38

Really just curious on what other miniature games people play here.

I currently play Warmachine/Hordes, and Malifaux. I also hope to get into Dust tactics when the Rule book is released.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 18:57

I used to play Heroclix on a national competitive level, and I play Heroscape - both are pre-painted type things but I suspect they count.

I keep almost edging towards Warmachine, but I actually really dislike the look of the Jacks, and that's such an integral part of any army it keeps me away. (I love the bulk of their other stuff and think it looks great)

I've eyeballed Mallifaux but neither the setting or the models are really grabbing me there.

Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 19:01

I have cryx for warmachine but haven't played in over a year. I'd rather play M:tG as that's what it feels like.

I like that it exists (and is probably why GW are hiring a proof reader!) and so will tighten up the rules but similarly I think it's a response to GW 'casual' hate and will die off once PP become like GW and 'sell out' to 'the man'
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 21:48

WHFB-Ogre Kingdoms, High Elves, Empire, Dwarfs
Warmachine-Cryx, Protectorate of Menoth
Hordes-Trollbloods (haven't played them in years)
Flames of War-Soviets.
Epic Armageddon- Steel Legion

haven't played much as of the last year due to getting married, starting grad school, and the Dark Eldar stuff sucking up all of my free time (in that order!)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 21:51

Phototoxin wrote:
I have cryx for warmachine but haven't played in over a year. I'd rather play M:tG as that's what it feels like.

I like that it exists (and is probably why GW are hiring a proof reader!) and so will tighten up the rules but similarly I think it's a response to GW 'casual' hate and will die off once PP become like GW and 'sell out' to 'the man'

Hey I have Cryx too! (I have about $735 worth so far) But I don't see how its like playing MtG (magic the gathering i think your referring too?)

I will never go out and say that a company is going to get crushed by another company especially when it comes to Miniature games. I started playing 40k in 3rd edition (when the necrons where released) and up till now i have played a total of 6 games (where we got 70% of the rules right). I started warmachine almost 2 years ago and have probably played 10x more games and have 10x more fun. I enjoy warmachine for it's competitive and strategical game play. Will it overthrow GW? No. We technically speaking at my LFGS it kind of did since you can go in on any day and find Warmachine players while the 40k players show up randomly on Weekends. But my LFGS is working to get people into 40k and WFB.

GW games are so different compared to Privateer Press and Malifaux that these games wont overtake each other even in the long run. In honesty I think 40k suffers from bad players the most. you know the ones that don't know the rules 100% but act like there always right. (I am also sure that other games have those players too.)

Sorry about the rant it just annoys me when people say that... Had a player in my LFGS calim that anima was going to make all the warmachine players switch to anima and now theirs only 4 anima players. 2 of them I see regularly but don't play.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 06:18

i play WFB, primarily skaven and vampire counts,

used to play Mageknight as a kid, primarily black powder rebels

used to play heroclix, and horrorclix, now i just collect the occasional mini of a character I like for my cubicle

currently playing Malifaux, Rezzers and a slight dabbling in arcanists with Rasputina,

planning to get a fleet for Dystopian Wars,

planning to get a small Khador band for Warmahordes

and just starting to get back into Battletech
Back to top Go down
Demagoge
Hellion
Demagoge

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 18:32

Warmachine: Menoth
Hordes: Skorne
Infinity: Ariadna
Pulp City: Heros, Villains

Sadly I didn't play those in the past years. The only Game I Play sometimes is BloodBowl (Skaven, Dwarves, Chaosdwarves, Nurgle, Slann, Pro Elves).

Michael

Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 04:50

I also play Malifaux, I'm G. Footman in the Wyrd forums, started getting into Battletech, and eyeing starting a small Khador force for Warmachine. plus I play skaven and vampire counts n WFB, though my games of that are few and far between lately, everyone i usually play with is either more focused on 40k, or become obsessed with Malifaux
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14 2012, 19:47

Very close to putting some money down on the Kingdom Death kickstarter.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Zaakath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15 2012, 02:36

WHFB - Lizardmen and O&G
Dropzone Commander - PHR
Warmachine - Cygnar
Heavy Gear
Flames of War - Germans

Think thats it...
Back to top Go down
AiEthimar
Hellion
AiEthimar

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 15:01

@ Zaakath, how do you like drop zone commander? The idea is awesome to me, but no store around me carries it. If i were play it would be PHR

AE

Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 20:19

Just starting Malifaux. I love the fluff, the models, the fluff, the skirmish size, the fluff and the fluff!!!

Also keeping an eye on Kingdom Death. Incredible miniatures, and its co-operative!

Will definitely be doing some Dysotopian Wars in the future too. Gotta love a few broadsides!!!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 20:35

Malifaux is a great game; most of my 40K group play it too, and often bring a 40K army and a Mali crew to a day's gaming.
I have ~60 SS of Lilith and co. along with all three of the Terraclips sets, which are fantastic: work well for 40K Cities Of Death rules.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02 2013, 18:33

Unless it has a shop I can go to and game in, I'm not really interested.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other miniature games do you play?   What other miniature games do you play? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other miniature games do you play?
Page 1 of 1