THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to... miniature gaming

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Borako
Slave
Borako

New to... miniature gaming  Empty
PostSubject: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 04:14

To Warhammer (40k)
So a few months ago a close friend of mine convinces me I might enjoy this Warhammer 40k thing he does. Being generally impatient with shaky hands I'd never thought myself capable of enjoying a hobby based on models. After a little research I finally bought first modes (Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors), and I quickly became hooked. This friend and major influence on my early purchases, is in for the strategy game aspect. Thus being I currently sit with an unpainted 1,200 point collection and minimal funds. Luckily the story building was a huge attraction for me.

To Commorragh
I found myself drawn to the Dark Eldar initially for their play style. As a creative mind though I was also drawn to how their unstable politics and virtual immortality gives them great story freedom. Also this is the only group in this game that makes no attempt to excuse their evil. The outline and much depth of the story of my Kabal and Coven has been created but just needs put in print. At which point I will gladly post to seek input and offer enjoyment. I do not intend to force my army into any specific build, though, as I grow my collection I hope to eventually be able to play a Coven, Kabal, and Cult styles when I wish.

To... this guy
A brief bit about myself, I'm currently a self supporting college student (still in school, due to the self supporting) with about another 3 semesters left to get my certification to teach High School English. Prior to this hobby I've always loved a good story and other major hobbies include video games and reading. I'm also an aspiring author and hoping this focused creative writing will help feather out my skills for my more unique book plans.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 04:29

Welcome aboard

Sybarite
Orthien

PostSubject: Re: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04 2012, 20:15

Welcome to 40k and Dark Eldar.
If you fancy yourself a writer, then we have a great section full of some very talented people doing excellent work with Dark Eldar fluff.

Kabalite Warrior Helm Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t5342-real-life-kabalite-helm
Back to top Go down
Soulstorm
Slave
Soulstorm

PostSubject: Re: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 19:10

Hi Borako!

I wish I had the literacy skills you've likely got, have you thought about writing a Black Library novel? Something I've always wanted to do but wouldn't know how to create a fleshed out story.

Mick.

Slave
Borako

PostSubject: Re: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 03:23

Soulstorm wrote:
Hi Borako!

I wish I had the literacy skills you've likely got, have you thought about writing a Black Library novel? Something I've always wanted to do but wouldn't know how to create a fleshed out story.

Mick.

Right now I keep my big writing projects academic. After I graduate and get employed, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to... miniature gaming    New to... miniature gaming  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to... miniature gaming
Page 1 of 1