THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

urien rakarth or haemonculus?

Go down 
+4
Ragnos
Barrywise
Ikol
Coopertron
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Coopertron
Slave
Coopertron

urien rakarth or haemonculus? Empty
PostSubject: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 02:50

Just wonder what would be your preferred option on urien rakarth or haemonculus for you army?
Obviously a coven heavy list or maybe just a few wrack what ever way you swing.
My question is would you run urien rakarth as a haemonculus if you had the model or vise versa? Also if so why?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 03:48

Urien Rakarth is a touch more durable (re-rolling saves against anything less than S9, +1 Wound, +1 Toughness and a 4++ as opposed to 5++). He also costs about 50 points more, has precisely 1 good melee attack per fight phase (Ichor Injector), the rest of which are mediocre poisoned 4+ with no AP.

The Casket of Flensing is interesting, but not really that powerful, plus it’s a one use only.

If you want a model to wade up the board laughing at your opponents pathetic attempts to gain ‘slay the warlord’ then chuck master regenesist on him and let the madman run. Surround him with a T5 Wrack unit or 2 for lols and give them as many Ossefactors as you can for an interesting game-style. You will however need an additional (read: any) source of anti-tank, flyers, Ravagers and other Dark Lance / Dissie sources will serve you well for this.

The Haemonculus comes with the questionable anti-Psyker tool, that being the crucible of malediction, and also has access to both the brilliant Electrocorrosive Whip and the Parasite’s Kiss for a more ‘punchy’ Character, both in anti-infantry ranged and melee.

Either are functional, though I prefer bringing a Haemi or 2 as they are one of the only effective HQ’s in our army.
Back to top Go down
Coopertron
Slave
Coopertron

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 14:40

This is really good advice. 2 different play styles.
What with either play style benefit the most against do you think?

Can rakarth be used as a hq option or is he just a stand alone character?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2018, 01:01

Can Urien Rakarth Pop his Casket from a vehicle?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2018, 06:15

Rakarth is a named character, who has the HQ force slot allocation. However an army may only include one of him.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07 2018, 12:59

Barrywise wrote:
Can Urien Rakarth Pop his Casket from a vehicle?

As the casket counts as a ranged weapon you can shoot it from an open-topped vehicle in the shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 10:49

Since 1 HQ in a battalion detachment is not enough, I am probably going to use both.
Urien as the Warlord, with Master Regenesist. Due to his own power he effectively has T6 and 5 wounds, a 6+ save, then a 4+ invulnerable, and then a 6+ feel no pain save, and he can reroll (most) failed saves. That combined with healing D3 lost wounds each round makes him quite hard to kill, especially for DE. But indeed, his damage output is not that interesting.
However, add a Haemonculus with Parasites Kiss, and surround them with a bunch of Wracks with Ossefactors, and voila, damage output and meat-shields.
This becomes kind of a death star, and will attract a lot of fire from your opponent, but that also means the rest of your army might get a good chance to do some damage without receiving much fire themselves. Make sure the flesh-parade is either in cover, or in close combat (preferably the latter), and it should be able to withstand for a bunch of turns while the Lances and other stuff in your army can freely blow stuff to bits.
However, this is probably only a good idea in bigger lists. (2000 and up)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08 2018, 11:44

Moved to Drukhari Discussion as not rules related - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Colonel Cabbage
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 01:20

Urien’s only job is specifically WL kill denial. He has no other role. He can’t kill anything. He’s pathetically weak with fewer attacks and weapons than any old random Haemonculus. Also his buff is the same as the other Haemonculus. So no benefit there either, and he’s more expensive (112) than the most kitted out Haemonculus can be (96), and way more than the best loadout of PK and ECW (83).

There really isn’t any reason to bring him because you can easily hide your warlord. Webway an Archon/Haemonculus on turn 3 behind some dude and he’ll probably be fine. I’ve played serveral games with a WL Haemonculus footslogging and it’s been fine. The character rule kinda wastes Urien’s re-roll.

It’s sad really, because I want to use him, but he costs and lot and doesn’t do anything.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Cabbage
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 01:23

Ps. Regular Haemonculi get the Electro-corrosive Whip, which is the best CC weapon in the book. You want to get that where you can.
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2018, 02:01

Urien Rakarth if you're bringing a Pain Engine group and want to buff them, he's a durable bastard which makes for good footslogging. Especially if you give him the auto regen Warlord Trait. But he has no good shooting and his melee is mediocre. I've had many people out maneuver the Taloi to attack Urien and realize how obnoxiously tough he can be.

Normal Haems if they're riding on Raiders or you want them to, well, pull their weight. ECW makes short work of most things, especially if you stick them with Grotesques. Here's hoping both of them get a sharp points drop in the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: urien rakarth or haemonculus?   urien rakarth or haemonculus? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

urien rakarth or haemonculus?
Page 1 of 1