THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Urien Rakarth warlord?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Urien Rakarth warlord? Empty
PostSubject: Urien Rakarth warlord?   Urien Rakarth warlord? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 21:37

Anyone have experience playing with Urien since the new warlord traits? He seems like the toughest warlord we have. I always like not giving up slay the warlord so I've considered brining him though with the drop in cost I'm not sure an Archon with 2 ssylth would be more safe.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth warlord?   Urien Rakarth warlord? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 23:22

lament.config wrote:
Anyone have experience playing with Urien since the new warlord traits? He seems like the toughest warlord we have. I always like not giving up slay the warlord so I've considered brining him though with the drop in cost I'm not sure an Archon with 2 ssylth would be more safe.

I haven't tried him (have exactly one squad of 5 wracks as my coven contingent, so not much point in getting coven characters), and between high toughness, reroll saves and regeneration he looks pretty tough on paper...

Otoh one dreadnaught charge and he is toast. Every army other than ours has access to ST 9+ in melee (even the tau) and on high damage output weapons, so do not assume invulnerability.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth warlord?   Urien Rakarth warlord? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 14:47

I've used him a few times with a squad of grots, he is pretty hard to get rid of; even more so with the new warlord trait that regenerates wounds.
His problem is his the damage output is pretty terrible!
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth warlord?   Urien Rakarth warlord? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 00:27

None of our Characters are points effective for damage output, doubly so for our special characters. You want a durable HQ to soak damage for the rest of the army, and for a Haemie maybe provide a toughness buff. Don't expect them to kill anything and you will not be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urien Rakarth warlord?   Urien Rakarth warlord? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urien Rakarth warlord?
Page 1 of 1