THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Making a Drukhari soup

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Making a Drukhari soup Empty
PostSubject: Making a Drukhari soup   Making a Drukhari soup I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 10:06

Over the latter parts of 7th and into 8th Edition, I have come around to the reality that to build a properly competitive army, even if primarily Drukhari, will have some degree of Eldar soup to it. That could mean Craftworld HQs, some of the strong aspect warriors, Ynnari, or pulling in Craftworlds or Harlequin options in some form.

I have been a long term fan of Dark Eldar / Drukhari as a model line, and so the idea has come to me of fielding Drukhari conversions to cover the units from the other Codexes. What I am wanting to do is be able to say my army is Drukhari, and here is my Archon on a Reaver jetbike (counts as Autarch Skyrunner), here is Kherudrakh the Decapitator (counts as a Farseer), and so on. With enough imagination and conversions, I want to field a practical Eldar soup list, that still feels like a Drukhari army.

To achieve my plan, I will need some suggestions on how to make some of the ideas work.

Some initial thoughts:

* Autarch Skyrunner - this is a straightforward Archon on a Reaver jetbike. Possibly wielding a modified Dark Lance as a Laser Lance.
* Farseer - Kherudrakh the Decapitator. Based on a Mandrake model, with some extra arms, and a serious looking head chopper. Some kind of helm to distinguish from the standard Mandrakes too. Potentially another Mandrake champion if I want another Farseer. Could end up on a Reaver if a Skyrunner was wanted.
* Warlock - another converted Mandrake with a lesser helm option and a sword or spear.
* Guardians - Kabalite Warrior base, but with Shuriken Catapults. Heavy weapons could be amusing as mounted on an old school Warp Beast. Some small variations in colour scheme could help distinguish from Kabalites.
* Aspect Warriors - the lazy option is to take the nearest Drukhari choice and give the the classic aspect colours with some weapon switches. So Reavers as Shining Spears, Scourges as Swooping Hawks, Incubi as Scorpions. Not sure about Dark Reapers, Fire Dragons, Banshees, Dire Avengers or Warp Spiders. Likely to want a few specific aspects, but probably not all.
* Windriders would be Kabalites on Reaver jetbikes.
* Flyers should convert OK from Drukhari options.
* No idea on what to do with the Eldar vehicles. Could really use some suggestions there. Perhaps just take them as is.

Suggestions on good conversion bits or thoughts on the general idea much appreciated.

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Making a Drukhari soup   Making a Drukhari soup I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2018, 15:59

Maybe the dex will be great Razz

Mandrakes for casters is cool, altho fluff wise, I cant see them wearing a helmet. Sisters of slaughter/daughter of khaine masks would work well in my mind.

Dark reapers: Heavy weapons kab legs & backpack, incubi body, cron head? Give them a converted dissy cannon?

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Making a Drukhari soup   Making a Drukhari soup I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2018, 01:41

The Codex might be great. I still suspect it will be greater with the addition of Doom and Jinx!

I like the idea of masks rather than helmets for the Mandrake casters. Daughters of Khaine seem to have some great options for masks:

Making a Drukhari soup 99120212020_DoKWitchAelves05
Making a Drukhari soup 99120212016_DoKHeartrenders03
Making a Drukhari soup 99120212017_DoKBloodSisters02

If I used the last option (Melusai) that gives a good base for some more Sslyth too with the rest of the kit if I can't find someone with the heads spare.

Not quite visualising the Dark Reaper concept, and not sure if it would look Drukhari enough either. Will give that one some more thought.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Drukhari soup   Making a Drukhari soup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Drukhari soup
Page 1 of 1