THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Asdrubael
Slave
Asdrubael

Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Empty
PostSubject: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27 2018, 05:15

Hey guys, the title says it all. This is my main post where I will post all of the pics Ive been taking while I build my BHK army.

Constructive criticism is wanted and appreciated.

I currently own:

3 Archons (I am thinking about magnetizing these guys once I know for 100% certainty what their options will be in the book) ANY HELP, HINTS, HINTS, TRICKS OR ADVICE IS NEEDED/WELCOME

50x Warriors (I am going to magnetize 20 for special/heavy weapons, 5x Dark Lances 5x Shredders 5x Blasters 5x Splinter cannon, that way I can mix/match what I want and I can also ake them into true born. This should about cover me to freely build splinter rifle warriors in the future. I am also going to magnetize 3x sybarites so I can feasibly build them with any options I may want to.)

Progress so far

3/26/18 Clipped cleaned and drill 2x heavy, 2x special and 4x off hands

Dark Lance off hand
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Dark_l10

Shredder off hand
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Shredd10

Blaster off hand
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Blaste10

Splinter cannon off hand
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Splint10

Dark lance
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Dark_l11

Shredder
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Shredd12

Blaster
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Blaste11

Splinter cannon
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Splint11

04/29/18 Fully magnetized all Special/Heavy weapon options from 5 kabalite warriors boxes, clipped cleaned all weapon options torsos heads and off hands for 5 kabalite boxes, glued all torsos together, added 2 Ravagers to my collection

SW/HW Choices for warriors magnetized
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Swhw_a11

All Torsos Glued
Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Glued_11

05/16/18 45 splinter rifles, 5 splinter pistols, 5 blast pistols, 5 agonizers. 5 power swords all magnetized

Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log Splint12

4 Raiders (All 4 will be fully magnetized I am deciding on whether or not to magnetize the eldar riding on the sides.)

10 Scourges (All will be magnetized but I am deciding whether or not to make them into 1x10 or 2x5, we have a lot competing for out FA slots.)

2 Ravagers

9 Reavers ( Are there that many weapon options available to even consider magnetizing them? Ive never built the kit before.)

1 Venom (This will be simpler to get done)

Last edited by Asdrubael on Thu May 17 2018, 03:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27 2018, 16:19

That is a TON of magnetizing, personally I would just wait for the codex in two weeks and see what weapons are worth getting for your kabalites, but if you're willing to put in all that effort it will at least pay off in giving you all the options you'd ever want.

I tend to use scourges just with base carbines in 2x5 units, but it's difficult to say how the best way to use them will be until we have a full picture of the new codex. If you're using special/heavy weapons for them though definetly no need to go over 5 strong.

Now that blasters are d6 damage I think it will be really hard to justify heat lances over blasters on reavers. Granted we don't know what might change with heat lances, but they would have to improve in strength to make them worth taking over blasters in my book. That's probably the one unit you can skip the magnetizing on.
Back to top Go down
Asdrubael
Slave
Asdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27 2018, 18:55

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
That is a TON of magnetizing, personally I would just wait for the codex in two weeks and see what weapons are worth getting for your kabalites, but if you're willing to put in all that effort it will at least pay off in giving you all the options you'd ever want.

I tend to use scourges just with base carbines in 2x5 units, but it's difficult to say how the best way to use them will be until we have a full picture of the new codex. If you're using special/heavy weapons for them though definetly no need to go over 5 strong.

Now that blasters are d6 damage I think it will be really hard to justify heat lances over blasters on reavers. Granted we don't know what might change with heat lances, but they would have to improve in strength to make them worth taking over blasters in my book. That's probably the one unit you can skip the magnetizing on.

Last night I bought 100 1x1mm magnets for 6 bucks. I bought 200 2x1mm magnets for 2 bucks. I took a bath on the shipping though but hey it's a labor of love. I honestly don't mind drilling and magnetizing and all the work that comes with it. All I really need is a steady hand while painting and I could double my investment when and if it comes time to sell the army.
Back to top Go down
Asdrubael
Slave
Asdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 02:02

04/29/18 Update added
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 07:43

Asdrubael wrote:
04/29/18 Update added
'

You should start a project log for this! Really looking forward to see all the magnets though, you have a lot of work ahead of you!
Back to top Go down
Asdrubael
Slave
Asdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 00:09

wormfromhell wrote:
Asdrubael wrote:
04/29/18 Update added
'

You should start a project log for this! Really looking forward to see all the magnets though, you have a lot of work ahead of you!

Thats what this is, am I in the wrong place?
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 01:36

see that forum just two below the painting log called "project logs"  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 07:59

Moved to Project Logs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log   Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Heart Kabal Modelling/Painting log
Page 1 of 1