THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necrons and Sisters

Go down 
+9
a1elbow
shadow hunter
Baron Tordeck
Local_Ork
Haunter!
Rangrok1k
Todo13
Xelkireth
Sky Serpent
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Necrons and Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:06

So, the ancient Necrontyr and the Adepta Sororitas look like they will be the next ones out, with lots of rumours flying around the web. Are any of you guys planning on collecting them?

Both armies hold a special place in my heart, I began with WD 218, when Necrons first appeared and you got a free metal mini, my first 40k miniature. I also collected Sisters for a while, though that doesn't say much as I have dabbled in as many armies as I have kilos of Adrenalight. I do plan on starting Sisters when they are released but that depends on how far a long my Dark Eldar have progressed.

Can I please add, NO discussion of any leaked codex images/pages are allowed on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 00:53

To be perfectly frank, I couldn't give a ratsbum about the Necrons. But the Sisters... I've love Chaos Sisters... And to be fair, my fluff for the Chaos sisters isn't fallen sisters, but another breed all together. When the plastic kits for the sister squads come out, you can be damn sure I'll be taking a hiatus on my Dark Eldar to put together my Devadasi.

From my WIP Index Traitoris: The Nephilim. Speaking of the Nephilim... I need to finish them someday. That's been on ongoing work in progress forever. *shrug*
Xelkireth wrote:
The Devadasi are the Autokratōr’s personal bodyguard. The Devadasi consist entirely of female power armored humans. The women are carefully screened and then undergo the same Trials of Perfection as an aspirant of the Nephilim. In these brutal recruiting trials, women are selected based on martial prowess and wit, and undergo atrocious indoctrination. The Devadasi recruit for themselves from females from Naergon or from the various traitor guard forces encountered by the Nephilim. The Devadasi are provided with a regimen of combat drugs that enables them to rival a Marine in any feat of arms or strength. Their veterans are provided with a daemon that they must master, if they fail, the woman is killed the moment the daemon crushes her will. They are provided with ancient power armor and provided with the very best weaponry from the Master Artificer. Malcanthet, the Mistress Superior of the Devadasi, has developed an immense command of sorcery and holds a seat on the Brotherhood of the Phoenix, upon Samael’s request. Malcanthet is ruthless and loyal to Samael first, the Nephilim, second.

Xelkireth wrote:
The Nephilim left cultists scattered across Anantaa Prime to sow dissent and rebellion in the populace. In a matter of months, Anantaa Prime fell from Imperial dogma. The captives were subjugated to horrendous amounts of torture, depraved acts of violence, drug manipulation, daemonic possession, and a debased form of psycho-indoctrination developed by the Dark Magi. The results were completely beyond Samael’s hopes. He fashioned the women into an abomination of what the Ecclesiarchy intended them to be. Mirroring the organization of the Sisters of Battle, Samael had the Dark Magi arm and armor the women, he called them the Devadasi. Equipped with power armor, bolters and chainswords, the Devadasi look like their loyalist Sisters in all but appearance, instead of purity seals, the Aquila, and the fleur-de-lis, the Devadasi adorn their armor with subtle fetishes dedicated to Slaanesh, Chaos icons and trophies earned while on campaigns.

Samael uses the Devadasi as his personal bodyguard and as infiltrators on Imperial worlds. The Devadasi will descend on a planet and establish Chaos cults, first weakening the Imperial grip by sowing the seeds dissent readying the world for invasion by Nephilim forces. The Devadasi on multiple occasions have been welcomed into a system with the populace believing them to be Sisters of Battle. The Ecclesiarchy have learned of the Devadasi over time and seek to destroy them, their efforts to date have proven unfruitful.

So as you can see... They're not Chaos Sisters. Just drugged up Slaaenshi hotties in power armor.
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 01:43

I don't care about necrons, I like the look of sisters but as I just started a DE army and am starting a VC army later this year, I don't have the funds *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 03:37

I'm personally interested in Necrons because one of the players in my gaming circle is eagerly anticipating their next codex. Also, I really like their fluff and look. They were a strong contender for my first and second army. First in the end went to Tyranids. When I was about to start my second army, Dark Eldar got a new codex, and I felt like I had to pick it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 12:12

I've been looking for a second army to start, as an opposition to my Dark Eldar and have been leaning towards the Raven Guard.

I'm interested in what the new Sisters are going to look like as I think the new Dark Eldar range is the first time that GW have made good looking and good proportioned females. The Sisters have a good chance of being a very attractive army, and I'm always interested in the aesthetics.

I'm not too interested in the Necrons although I've considered using the Necron Lord and Resurrection Orb for bits to convert my Archon. (I need a replacement hand and the Orb would make a good soul trap)
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:08

Ariensis wrote:
I'm not too interested in the Necrons although I've considered using the Necron Lord and Resurrection Orb for bits to convert my Archon. (I need a replacement hand and the Orb would make a good soul trap)
That is an excellent idea.
Back to top Go down
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 20:11

I've always liked the Necron as I have a soft spot for the undead. If they manage to make them a more dynamic army to play I'll consider grabbing some. They'd probably even jump ahead of some of the other projects I have planned.

I really do not care much for Sisters, though I'm interested to see how they are updated. I hear that they will rightfully be removed from the Inquisition and the codex will focus on the church. That should be fun to see.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 20:56

Rumors say they would get transports, so they may be another T4 sv3+ FNP army...
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 21:06

Local_Ork wrote:
Rumors say they would get transports, so they may be another T4 sv3+ FNP army...
According to the people that have seen the playtest codex, most Nercrons have a 4+ save now.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:02

Only? What about WWB then?
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:57

It's getting reduced to a 5+ same similar to FNP, with the res orb upping it to a 4+, apparently though, a lot of squad leaders can take the res orb. It's not going to be limited to one per army.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 03:54

Sisters and Crons are both armies that I have experience beating down. I would be interested actually getting to beat down with them. Especially the Sisters. So many Chaos possibilities for them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 07:46

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Especially the Sisters. So many Chaos possibilities for them Twisted Evil
Just as long as it isn't Nurgle. No one wants to see that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:02

Just out of curiosity; has anyone noticed how the symbol for “Sisters of Battle” is exactly the same as the symbol for the "Scouts" (more so for the UK that USA) That kind of puts me off them, as i find it hard to take them seriously...
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 10:34

I couldn't careless about sisters of battle. Always hated the army and the theme.

My brother will be pleased though, he's been waiting ages.

I'm not a massive Necron fan either. Always found the models a bit dull. However, I do like the background that the book brings with regards to more about the Eldar v Necron ancient battles - so I'd probably buy the necron codex for reading material.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:00

The latest rumour doing the rounds is that the fluff will recieve a major retcon, that the Necrons have now enslaved the C'Tan. Will be interesting to see.

On another note I personally love the fleur de lys. Have a look at the wiki article below for more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur_de_lys
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:49

...the hell?

Ok, I guess Necrons would have punch (he seems to "get" 5th edition, to saying "ok, me give moar fast tanks" isn't that hard), but after reading fluff in BA codex, part of fluff in GK codex (it's unbearable piece of "awesome silver guys" turd) and sloppy "unique" rules...

There is no :puke: emoticon so I would use jocolor

Xelkireth wrote:
It's getting reduced to a 5+ same similar to FNP, with the res orb upping it to a 4+, apparently though, a lot of squad leaders can take the res orb. It's not going to be limited to one per army.

Now little red lamp is glowing. If I remember, Orbs works for squad that carry it.

I wonder why GW can't get we *love* Phill Kelly's fluff? Or better, Dan Abnett's? IMHO fluff should be written bu one person, since it should have at least some consistence (with exception to "propaganda" fluff Razz)

Oh, it's also rumored that Nuns with Guns would be written by Kelly. He made most powerful Power Armour codex once, so...
Back to top Go down
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 01:19

I heard a whisper about a codex being held back a bit for fluff changes to bring the book more in line with what A D-B wrote in one of his books for Black Library. Take it with salt, kindred, but I'd say it's either Chaos or Black Templars.

If this turns out to be true, it could mark a nice turn around for the fluff direction of the future codices.

I don't particularly have a problem with the newer Space Marine fluff. I think it should be overblown and ridiculous as that's exactly what two meter tall space warrior-monks are. At least the xeno fluff (and more importantly OUR fluff) is the suitably grimdark every-one-dies-at-the-end-and-that-one-guy-is-a-ghost-all-along patch of darkness and crazy violence that is should be.

A little humor isn't a bad thing though. I just think the writers need to figure out where the humor should actually go...
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:11

A D-B himself has said he has not been approached to write a codex. A D-B is an avid poster on the Bolter and Chainsword. A D-B has said that the design team and Black Library don't really talk to each other and alluded to much hate between the two departments.

Yes... I stalk his posts.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 03:53

/\
Considering that rules department don't write FAQs and "public relations" (i.e. nice guys and gals on phone that act as GW meatshield, poor little things) do NOT work with FAQ writers directly either, I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 05:40

As I said, take it with salt.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 07:51

Haunter! wrote:
Baron Tordeck wrote:
Especially the Sisters. So many Chaos possibilities for them Twisted Evil
Just as long as it isn't Nurgle. No one wants to see that!
I have never been a supporter of Papa Nurgle. Khorne, and Tzeentch mostly.
shadow hunter wrote:
I couldn't careless about sisters of battle. Always hated the army and the theme.
Oh come on, you know you can't resist nuns with guns
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 08:28

Baron Tordeck wrote:
shadow hunter wrote:
Oh come on, you know you can't resist HOT nuns with guns
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 19:11

I'm pretty torn. I have a lot I want top do with DE (eventually I'd like to have probably 2 Archons, a few Haemonculi, a couple Succubi, 20-30 Incubi, 20-30 Harlies, a few dozen Trueborn with various weapons, 30-40 Wyches, 30-40 Warriors, 20-30 Hellions, three dozen Reavers, a couple Beasts squads of decent sides, three Ravagers, three Ravens, three Razorwings, three or four WHFB HE Dragons to use as Wych Raiders, a couple standard Raiders, and a load of Venoms...and a court, possibly some Bloodbrides)...

...uh, anyway, I use to play Necrons and I really like them as much (sometimes possibly more) than DE and I loved Fall of Damnos, so I know I'll want to build a new Necron force.

I already have easily 2500 points of Sisters, probably 3500.

Oh, and when Chaos comes out, if they don't screw it up again, and I'm rich and can do it justice, I'd love to build a full on, painstakingly done, Night Lords force because they are my favorite thing in 40k.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 19:21

a1elbow wrote:

Oh, and when Chaos comes out, if they don't screw it up again, and I'm rich and can do it justice, I'd love to build a full on, painstakingly done, Night Lords force because they are my favorite thing in 40k.

Hope it would be good, else Curze would go emo...

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/219/f/e/Night_Haunter_sketch_by_Jutami.jpg

...some more Razz.

I would like to see Fulgrim (and other alive "bad boys") return. You know, this "I'm pretty" guy who turned into Laer/Sslyth-daemon thingy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necrons and Sisters   Necrons and Sisters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necrons and Sisters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next