THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The white dwarf

Go down 
+8
Azdrubael
Lord_Alino
Izaeus
Count Adhemar
Erebus
thesaltedwound
orestes85
The Red King
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 19:48

So I just picked up my copy of white dwarf and was wondering what people thought?

It sounds to me like the ossefactor is either a blast weapon or causes a blast centered on a model it removes. Also almost certainly has pinning. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 20:17

Hi, I am debating whether or not to make a trip to GW this weekend and get the White Dwarf. What is the mini-game inside? Is it DE themed?

As for the Ossefactor its a one handed weapon from the leaked picture I saw, so I'd guess its not a Blast. Although I really want to start using my Blast Template that's collecting dust.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 21:56

I also want to hear about the minigame please! The only reason I might buy the WD, now I've thought about it. I don't really need to be advertised to any more...
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:03

Grot Orderly has a pics from the White Dwarf leak that show some of the mini game. It's for 2-4 players and requires each player to have 5 wracks and a haemi.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19 2014, 22:45

Erebus wrote:
Grot Orderly has a pics from the White Dwarf leak that show some of the mini game. It's for 2-4 players and requires each player to have 5 wracks and a haemi.

Available in the webstore for only £37.50 per player!
Back to top Go down
Izaeus
Kabalite Warrior
Izaeus

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 00:32

I intend I'm getting an issue but not sure when I'll be able to get out to get it
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 00:45

I could play that with any friend right now. XD Just need the book.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 06:34

Doesnt seemed really good game, if you ask me )))

This White Dwarf have pretty solid article "How to make photos of a miniatures", i liked it a lot.
Ossefactor look like a Instant Death ranged weapon.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 08:47

Oh sorry I was at work and didn't read any of this.

Would it be copyright to post the rules? As the board and figures would still be required?

I kind of think of it as telling someone the rules to chess or golf but I don't wanna step on any toes.

Btw the ossefactor does have a second arm growing out of the first to hold it though it's not very study and the book describes the rapid bone growth impaling nearby unfortunates and in the mini game it causes "splash" damage to adjacent enemies unlike the flesh gauntlet (instant death weapon) that removes them from play. So might hint at it's actual function.
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 14:11

I wouldn't trust to posting specific rules... kind of like posting "just points values", it's still infringement on GW's IP, which they're very picky about.

Despite my worries of them naffing up the book, I'm actually a touch excited now that a few pictures are creeping up.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 17:09

Wasn't the photog article last week? I remember a green tyranid warrior... Did they expand on that this week?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 20:39

Photog? I didn't have last weeks so I don't know what you're referring to lol
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 21:57

Azdrubael wrote:
This White Dwarf have pretty solid article "How to make photos of a miniatures", i liked it a lot.

This.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 13:21

The photography article is probably one of the best things in WD of late.

Take all the hints about the Ossefactor and it seems like a short ranged blast weapon that will go through MEQ.

If you take your Dark Eldar seriously then this is worth £2.40 to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 13:34

There are more hints in the WD... we are definately going to keep our best weapons:

Quote :
will you take him to war with the vile scissorhand, the frightful electrocorrosive whip, or even the fell mindphase gauntlet?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 15:46

The sarcasm is strong with this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The white dwarf Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white dwarf   The white dwarf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The white dwarf
Page 1 of 1