THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18

Go down 
+3
clively
TheBaconPope
FrankyMcShanky
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Empty
PostSubject: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 05:23

Been planning to get into DE since 8th dropped and finally started last month.  I haven't bothered to give my Kabal a super fancy name or lore but I have say down and worked out how I'm going to paint my Wracks.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  4s0m1mT

I call him Sir Stabby McMurderface

And here's a couple WIP's, one with an electrostatic whip.  I've switched from NMM to TMM on them in order to speed things up a tad.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  DfqiEm1 Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  UrUh0F4

Last edited by FrankyMcShanky on Sun Aug 19 2018, 20:20; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 05:26

Looking good! I always love the flayed look on Covens.

How easy is the Wrack kit to work with? I've been considering picking up a box or two

Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 05:30

Ty! The plastic kit was as easy as any, I also have some old Resin ones I haven't put together yet. One of the finecast scythes was already broken when I got it, so your mileage may vary?

Was thinking about getting another Wrack kit to make a Raider crew but with the new rules previews that seems... unwise.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 05:40

You are pushing me over the edge to buy more wracks... I have a set of resin ones right now but the weapons have broken off of a few of them and the paint is flaking on a few others. M

I actually didn’t know wracks where in plastic until earlier today. Somehow I missed that memo Wink

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 06:30

Unfortunately that are out of stock on the gw store currently, but I'm also definetly thinking about picking some wracks up. Originally thought I'd have no interest in covens when I started DE but I must say that's a nice looking wrath, makes me want to get some.

Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 00:13

Almost got a squad finished, just need to finish up their bases.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  JCNligk

Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 06:10

Test Kabalyte from my Kabal. Not sure if I'm feeling it.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Image

Too heavy on the yellow maybe.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 19:56

FrankyMcShanky wrote:
Test Kabalyte from my Kabal.  Not sure if I'm feeling it.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Image

Too heavy on the yellow maybe.  

So, my personal feelings on yellow aside, I think you can make this pop and work by maybe doing a nice tan-bone color edge highlight on the armor edges and panels. I think that could make it less yellowy and more bleached bone or just give the yellow a bit of a break point to pop both of the colors. Right now I think it looks strange because yellow is super hard to paint and looks a little flat, even with the high-white-yellow edging.

The purple/blue is a nice contrast color, but, I think the more I look at it it needs a wash with a soft brown-yellow color to give it some depth.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 21:37

Here it is. Turned out a little more Craftworldy than I wanted.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Ci7TVZG

The Kabal of the Blazing Shank?

The Kabal of the Mellow-Yellow?

Kabal of the 80's Wolverines?

Kabal of the Cursed Urinal Cake?

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 03:43

FrankyMcShanky wrote:
Here it is.  Turned out a little more Craftworldy than I wanted.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Ci7TVZG

The Kabal of the Blazing Shank?

The Kabal of the Mellow-Yellow?

Kabal of the 80's Wolverines?

Kabal of the Cursed Urinal Cake?

Honestly, I like it. I really do. It's very unique and it makes me think of like...fruit. But not like haha, fruit, but the red tingy...like...if you had a lemon you cut into and it was flesh kinda weirdly enough. I don't know why, it just does. I don't even understand it myself. It's the shape of the armor and the shading...

Kabal of the dying light

Kabal of Three suns

Kabal of the Light eaters

Kabal of the shining agony?

Hrm.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 04:26

Korazell wrote:

Honestly, I like it. I really do. It's very unique and it makes me think of like...fruit. But not like haha, fruit, but the red tingy...like...if you had a lemon you cut into and it was flesh kinda weirdly enough. I don't know why, it just does.  I don't even understand it myself. It's the shape of the armor and the shading...

Kabal of the dying light

Kabal of Three suns

Kabal of the Light eaters

Kabal of the shining agony?

Hrm.

Haa! You're a funny guy.

Those are some really great name suggestions and the first two kind of shocked me because I was thinking of something like Kabal of the Dying Sun. I'll have to think on it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 08:17

Ahaha~

We wyches are silly folk.

Anyway, no, I think it's a neat scheme. I was going to do my kabal orange, but, I think I'm going to do my Hamey's orange.

I never considered yellow, hate it myself, but you did it in a way I like well enough! I think the name is important to settle on. Remember, DE steal suns and stars and the like, you could be the kabal that does that.

Just a thought!

Back to top Go down
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 11:13

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 16:23

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  VLy7w3q

And then there were three.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 22:21

FrankyMcShanky wrote:
Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  VLy7w3q

And then there were three.

I'm just gonna let you know that I think that's hella rad and I think you're doing an oustanding job, the three together really cements it in that they are an army and not a one off.

Are you doing just brush or are you using an airbrush?

Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 22:40

Did the yellow with an airbrush (Yellow is super annoying with a brush) but I glazed in the pruple shadows with a brush.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 02:55

I thought so! Well done, well done! What colors did you use? I'm honestly just super curious.

Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 04:16

For the yellow?

I based everything with Hexed Licthen from Vallejo Air, then went over it with Meaty Ochre from P3, then hit the highlights with Hearthfire from p3.

Glazed in the shadows with ummmm.... I forget, a Scale75 magenta/purple color. I'll look it up later.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 01:39

Thank you for the method! Interesting...I'll keep it in my head. If someone asks me "How do I make the universe's most terrifying lemons?" I'll be like " I know a guy..."

Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 03:52

My first Dark Kin Vehicle.  Not quite done, soon though.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  Wt0kHw3

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  OfOmU89

Last edited by FrankyMcShanky on Thu Apr 05 2018, 16:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 11:09

It looks excellent!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 21:34

That yellow looks really nice on a Venom, and I love the Canopy! Are you planning to do anything with the gunner? Make them Coven/Kabal or anything?

Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 22:35

TheBaconPope wrote:
That yellow looks really nice on a Venom, and I love the Canopy! Are you planning to do anything with the gunner? Make them Coven/Kabal or anything?

Prolly slap a Kabalite in there eventually, not to worried about it until I get 1500 or so points painted.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 04:25

The yellow is perfect on the venom. I love it. Smile

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 11:37

Can I ask how you're doing your yellow?
Whenever I try it, it comes out awful.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next