THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18

Go down 
+3
clively
TheBaconPope
FrankyMcShanky
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 14:52

Squidmaster wrote:
Can I ask how you're doing your yellow?
Whenever I try it, it comes out awful.

Airbrush is the only really good way to do yellow.

You can do it with a normal brush but you have to take it suuuuper slow and slowly build it up from a brown or purple and adding a little more yellow with every layer.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 18:08

Franky, I hear you on that.

I have a friend who was doing Ironjawz and about tore their hair out...then they swapped to just white and red.

Airbrush is the best~~~~

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 21:35

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 Img_1411

1500 points for a tourney tomorrow. Feels a bit flimsy but I hope it will go ok.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 22:34

Dark elder models always look so lovely. And I think with what you have you'll be sure to taste victory!

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 22:58

Looking good! Using the new Codex, or one last [goodbye/good riddance depending on your opinion] of the index?

Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 23:42

Korazell wrote:
Dark elder models always look so lovely. And I think with what you have you'll be sure to taste victory!

Yeah, they look great. I saw a Raider and I said "Yep! I'm playing Evil Space Pirates." Anyways, thanks for your vote of confidence.

TheBaconPope wrote:
Looking good! Using the new Codex, or one last [goodbye/good riddance depending on your opinion] of the index?

I'll use the new Codex, I got my grubby mits on it yesterday. I think the index is pretty damn good, I had a hell of a time writing up a list with what models I have though.

I feel like my list doesn't have enough of anything. Not enough bodies, not enough poison, not enough Dark Light. I'm really hoping my Haywire Blaster Scourges punch above their weightclass.

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 0hd3ip8

I finished my first vehicle. Well nearly finished, I'm going to weather it up when I base it after I bring at least a core 1500 points up to the same level. I gotta say, the Venom has been very fun to work on.
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 20:15

I love the venoms and what you've painted so far, and I think I'd like to offer this bit of help.

To destroy an opponent you need to understand where their weaknesses are as well. True, from what I gather, you don't have a ton of redundancy. However, that's what you got. You wanna make sure you can do what you need to do, so, look at what they have and think to yourself " If I had a magic eraser (Macro-scapel) what would I erase (Sever and torture) to make their list not function (Writher in agony)?

For instance, if you put your reavers and fast attack in Red Grief and get them to charge first turn, before they make contact you can then drop your scourges into their backline and proceed to shoot them in the back before charging the vehicles and preventing them from shooting. Then you can freely charge up the board with the rest of your things so you can deliver a solid turn two punch, or, get into a position that's advantage after you focus the rest of your DL onto their other items and splinter fire and leave them a smoldering screaming heap that a wrack needs to sweep under the rug.

That's my best advice on that.

Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 20:37

Korazell wrote:
I love the venoms and what you've painted so far, and I think I'd like to offer this bit of help.

To destroy an opponent you need to understand where their weaknesses are as well. True, from what I gather, you don't have a ton of redundancy. However, that's what you got. You wanna make sure you can do what you need to do, so, look at what they have and think to yourself " If I had a magic eraser (Macro-scapel) what would I erase (Sever and torture) to make their list not function (Writher in agony)?

For instance, if you put your reavers and fast attack in Red Grief and get them to charge first turn, before they make contact you can then drop your scourges into their backline and proceed to shoot them in the back before charging the vehicles and preventing them from shooting. Then you can freely charge up the board with the rest of your things so you can deliver a solid turn two punch, or, get into a position that's advantage after you focus the rest of your DL onto their other items and splinter fire and leave them a smoldering screaming heap that a wrack needs to sweep under the rug.

That's my best advice on that.

Thanks for the advice. I like the eraser bit.

Ended up placing 3rd in a 18 players tourney yesterday. Really had an absolute blast with the new Codex. Won a dope Keeper of Secrets Kromlech model, a $25 gas gift card, and $20 worth of raffle tickets for an upcoming Con.

The Scourges did okay with the Haywire Blaster but they might just be a tad bit too frail for my tastes, even with 24' range. I think I'd rather take some Taloi with HWB's instead.
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
FrankyMcShanky

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19 2018, 20:19

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 IIFAj23

Been working on a commission for someone so I haven't had the time to work on my True Kin T_T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18    Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Franky McShanky's Stabbin' Crew 8/19/18
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2