THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tantalus OP?

Go down 
+5
Crazy_Ivan
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
PFI
Mppqlmd
amishprn86
9 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 11:38

So.. it is 400pts, might not be worth it alone, but now that it can DS, shoot twice (maybe), gets a 6+++ from Black Heart, and still able to gain +1 toughness. You can instead take it as <Coven Dark Creed> and shoot character.

Hmm but now that i'm looking I cant find the stratagem to shoot twice?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:06

It's in the Cult of Strife.

So you can affiliate your Tantalus to the Coven of Creed (i think) to make it a sniper monster, or affiliate it to the Cult of Strife to unlock the (costly) double shot.

It's up to you.

Archon
amishprn86

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 12:12

Mppqlmd wrote:
It's in the Cult of Strife.

So you can affiliate your Tantalus to the Coven of Creed (i think) to make it a sniper monster, or affiliate it to the Cult of Strife to unlock the (costly) double shot.

It's up to you.

Oh ok tyvm! Yes having 2 options as either double tap, or sniper while having cheep kabals and blasters can do 15 kabals and 1 archon or Hellions/wyches and a Succubus, or even just an HQ and 15 Scourges since they are Merchs with all Blaster/HWC

Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 16:14

why can't you affiliate it to all the keywords? Nowhere does it say if a model has coven, kabal and cult it can only choose one
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 16:21

You have to put it in a detachment. Every detachment has to choose a single affiliation if you want any obsession at all.

Sent from Topic'it App

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 16:47

well what's the wording? Is it like craftworld eldar and every model has to have <x> tag to gain the rules or is it different and that if any models have a different tag they lose it?

See you could have a <black heart> + <red grief> + <dark creed> and if it worked like every other army you wouldn't lose your black heart obsession because all models in that detachment would still have the black heart keyword which is how I think it works because it would comform to how every other army gets their chapter traits, regiment, sept world bonuses.

Also I think a red grief tantalus would be cool because the thing moves 32" when advancing, blasters and crap are assault weapons so I'd load it with blaster scourges, advance turn 1 and get 12 blasters hitting on 4's which is fine I think, still the same output as 3 ravagers for 36 pts less than 3 ravagers, plus 12 super dissies hitting on 4's made up for a turn 1 charge, and mortal wound ram with reroll to charge rolls. Could be just hilarious
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 19:57

So a flyer detachment gets there obsession
They do not need an archon?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:42

DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ wrote:

I believe so.

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:56

DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ wrote:
I would assume so as well, makes taking an airwing a pretty good choice with ignores cover etc.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 22:52

A double shooting tantalus that can get a -1 to hit on it on a whim is pretty formidable.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 12:44

I keep coming back to just using 2 Tantalus, 1 Wych, 1 Coven. nothing in them, 1 Sniper, 1 shoot twice, move/advance/shoot/charge/fallback/shoot twice, etc..

Have Reavers, Scourges, Wracks on the table, DS the more important one of the 2, I want the Tantalus to hurt, but i also want them to waste shooting if they shoot it, with Scourges, Reavers in their faces (and Succubi) i want them to really pick what to shoot at.

Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 02:58

TeenageAngst wrote:
A double shooting tantalus that can get a -1 to hit on it on a whim is pretty formidable.

A double shooting tantalus that rerolls 1's to hit from the nearby succubus too. Probably worth taking one with like 15 scourges loaded into it or some crap and using the screaming jets strat to protect your 800 point payload
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 03:09

PFI wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

A double shooting tantalus that rerolls 1's to hit from the nearby succubus too. Probably worth taking one with like 15 scourges loaded into it or some crap and using the screaming jets strat to protect your 800 point payload
Scourges clearly are not intended to be transported.
Back to top Go down
Caldera02
Slave
Caldera02

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 03:50

PFI wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

How can you shoot twice?

The succubus aura is melee only.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 08:09

Caldera02 wrote:
PFI wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

How can you shoot twice?  

The succubus aura is melee only.

Shooting twice I think using the 3 CP Strife Strategem.

Archon
amishprn86

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 10:09

withershadow wrote:
PFI wrote:
TeenageAngst wrote:

Scourges clearly are not intended to be transported.

We and many others have asked FW literally 100's of times and GW literally 100's of times "before" the 1st major GW and FW faq, it wasnt in there but they said hellions and scourges cant be in Raiders/Venoms, we then asked again many more times b.c we knew CA was coming out and we knew FW was going to be in it. Again it didnt change.

At this point, with a Major faq and CA, its safe to play like it is intended for them to be allowed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tantalus OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tantalus OP?   Tantalus OP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tantalus OP?
Page 1 of 1