THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Talos wargear

Go down 
+24
Mononcule
Leninade
|Meavar
Frowny
the_scotsman
ShamPow1999
Woozl
Hellstrom
Silverglade
colinsherlow
shadowseercB
Calyptra
Gorefather
withershadow
lament.config
Dalakh
DevilDoll
AzraeI
Soulless Samurai
GreyArea
Cerve
Alezya
Lord Asvaldir
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sybarite

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 08:06

What gear will you use on the talos? I’m personally going to vary their loadout a bit when it comes to cc, but I’m kind of clueless as to what I’m going to use on their tail weapon. Splinter, haywire or heatlance? The heatlance might be good in a volley with the character sniping stratagem, but as an all rounder against hordes, I’m leaning more towards the splintercannon. I think I’ll also use the haywire blaster on them, as they are not that bad anymore.

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 16:19

I'd pass on heatlances since bs +4 isn't great for 2 shots. All the other options seems fine, and they all got a whole lot cheaper with the codex. If you want just sort of a middle ground weapon, I'd probably go with the splinter pod.

Sniping stratagem does seem fun with heat lances, but I'd so much rather use prophets of flesh for my coven trait.

Hellion
Alezya

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 09:10

Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
What gear will you use on the talos?

I'd say the wargear will depend on the Coven you will use, and not the other way around:

Dark Creed Stratagem lets you snipe Characters: Talos with heatlances seem really interesting imho: Str6, AP5 (one of the only range weapon with AP5. Characters will have a 3++ or 4++ but it is still interesting for tanks) Dmg d6 (2 dices at 9").

Coven of Twelve is more focused on CC, so I would choose anti infantry to reduce all those screens/and stuff that could tarpit you: Splinter Cannons or Stinger pod.

Prophets of Flesh (the most interesting coven, by far): This time, I would say the wargear will depend on what you lack: Anti Tank? Haywire. Anti Infantry? SCs or Stinger pod. I'd consider putting heat lances aside for this coven. They won't benefit much.

Back to top Go down
Sybarite

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 10:30

From the talos list that the spider used st warhammer tv, I think I will go 50/50 haywire an splinterpods. That chaonflail also looks tempting on the anti screen build. Will try the glove out as well.

Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 11:31

It...depends. But I still love the doble LiqueGun. I know that the Talos hit hard right now, but I like to have my Taloi keeping doing damages even if they fails a charge. And, 3 of them can shreed any T3 annoying unit that blocks my charges, without spending up some precious poisoned shots (that will wound at 4+ anyway).
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 13:56

I have one modeled with the liquifier already, so the rest of the gang will be pure cc.

GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 14:14

I'm liking Talos as horde clearers. Make them prophets of flesh with Uriel nearby and you've got S7 T7 4++ with 7 wounds and 10 attacks with chain flails... That's gonna mulch through all the stuff including light vehicles.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 14:23

GreyArea wrote:
I'm liking Talos as horde clearers. Make them prophets of flesh with Uriel nearby and you've got S7 T7 4++ with 7 wounds and 10 attacks with chain flails... That's gonna mulch through all the stuff including light vehicles.

Sent from Topic'it App

Would it not be worth combining chain flails with a macro scalpel? It's only 1pt more and it means you still have the option of 5 S7 AP-2 D2 attacks for heavier stuff.

GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 14:24

I think you have to take the macro scalpel so yes, that would give great flexibility

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 14:31

Soulless Samurai wrote:
GreyArea wrote:

Sent from Topic'it App

Would it not be worth combining chain flails with a macro scalpel? It's only 1pt more and it means you still have the option of 5 S7 AP-2 D2 attacks for heavier stuff.

you can only replace one macro scalpel with chain flails^^
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 21:07

what do you guys think about urien and a unit of three talos with the new gauntlet to go tank hunting? 5 Str9 -3 d3 attacks coupled with haywire till they reach their target means they can literaly take on every vehicle in the game wounding it on 3+ in close combat...
the only downside is urien sucks in any fight i cant think of any other named character in the game with worse close combat than him...
thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dalakh
Hellion
Dalakh

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 21:09

DevilDoll wrote:
what do you guys think about urien and a unit of three talos with the new gauntlet to go tank hunting? 5 Str9 -3 d3 attacks coupled with haywire till they reach their target means they can literaly take on every vehicle in the game wounding it on 3+ in close combat...
the only downside is urien sucks in any fight i cant think of any other named character in the game with worse close combat than him...
thoughts?

If you think your opponent with let you reach his tanks in melee... why the hell not ?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 21:24

Dalakh wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:
thoughts?

If you think your opponent with let you reach his tanks in melee... why the hell not ?

well they are not exactly made of glass or are slow and 8th generaly puts things in close combat much faster so i dont really think that reaching them is so difficult...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:14

DevilDoll wrote:

Do you think the Gauntlet is worth it?

It's 3 times the price as the Macro Scaples for basically +1S and -1AP, and you lose an attack and have -1 to hit. And it costs an extra 10pts.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:

It's 3 times the price as the Macro Scaples for basically +1S and -1AP, and you lose an attack and have -1 to hit. And it costs an extra 10pts.

no i dont think its worth it i think its overcosted as hell but its the only way to reach that magical 9str number and seriously threaten even a land raider...
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:30

I think the gauntlet is worthless. Extra point of strength and ap isn't worth the -1 to hit and the extra cost, or the loss of a single attack. Also d3 damage really isn't much better than the straight up 2 damage, often I'd just prefer the reliability of 2 damage. In terms of the arm options, I think I'd only really consider the flail and the scalpel. Flail for melee dakka against targets with poor armor saves, macro scalpel for heavier targets. For the gun I'd probably keep it cheap, haywire blaster if your list needs anti-tank or the stinger pods if you don't need it.

Hellion
Dalakh

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:45

DevilDoll wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:

no i dont think its worth it i think its overcosted as hell but its the only way to reach that magical 9str number and seriously threaten even a land raider...

I think strength 8 is way more magical than 9, unless you are absolutely certain you'll be facing E8 stuff. And even then, I'm not sure I'd give up the extra attack from the scalpel, even the damage is more reliable.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 22:55

In cases where the extra point of strength would make that much difference, I kinda think we should be using Haywire or Blasters/Dark Lances anyway.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 23:01

i quickly mathammered it on a unit of 3:

without urien:                   chain flails   1 macro scalpel     talos gauntlet  2 macro scalpel
                   meq                  4.44           4.44(8.89)       5.21(10.42)         5.33(10.67)
                   geq                 11.1             8.33(16.67)     6,25(12,49)        10.00(20.00)
                   vehicles             2.22           6.67               8.34                   4.00(8.00)
                   t8                     2.22           4.44               6.25                   2.67(5.33)
                   land raider          1.11           3.33               5.00                   2.00(4.00)
with urien:
                   meq                   4.44           5.56(11.1)      5.21(10.42)           6.67(13.33)
                   geq                  11.11           8.33(16.67)    6.25(12.5)            10.00(20.00)
                   vehicles              3.33           8.89              8.33                    10.67
                   t8                      2.22           6.67              8.33                     8.00
                   land raider           1.11           5.00              6.67                     6.00
brackets are wounds lost, number in front of them unsaved wounds,
no bracket = wounds lost
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 23:11

so urien and 2 macro scalpel seems overall the best option if you take cost into account...
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 23:26

Is anyone trying to run multiple with two fist and chain flails and maybe 3 double scaple?

Keeping a haemonculous with the reroll 1s aura is tempting and brings to mind the old dark artisan.

Also, how are people feeling about bringing a cronos or two with talos?
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 00:19

Anyone planning on backing up their Talosi with a Cronos? It seems really bad, but maybe the healing thing will work more often than I think.
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 01:10

withershadow wrote:
Anyone planning on backing up their Talosi with a Cronos? It seems really bad, but maybe the healing thing will work more often than I think.

The Cronos is actually super important for a Coven beatstack. The heal is negligible, but rerolling 1s to wound is soooo nice.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 01:37

I'm amused that apparently nobody is even considering the ichor injector.

And that makes sense; it looks terrible. Which is annoying, because I just finished painting one for my (magnetized) Talos.

Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 02:05

Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
What gear will you use on the talos? I’m personally going to vary their loadout a bit when it comes to cc, but I’m kind of clueless as to what I’m going to use on their tail weapon. Splinter, haywire or heatlance? The heatlance might be good in a volley with the character sniping stratagem, but as an all rounder against hordes, I’m leaning more towards the splintercannon. I think I’ll also use the haywire blaster on them, as they are not that bad anymore.

I have been running 3 Talos pain engines, two with haywire blasters and one with heatlance.  I would suggest  having two macro scapels each for the extra attack per model and depending on your list using haywire blasters if you need some anti heavy weapons or taking a splinter cannons.  Heat lances as an option are too limited with their poor range and low strength.  Splinter cannons are always good vs. infantry.

Haveing a liquifier is never a bad idea.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talos wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talos wargear   Talos wargear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talos wargear
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next