THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SarisKhan
Hellion
SarisKhan

2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive Empty
PostSubject: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 11:34

Hello there. I've been trying to design my new primary list for local tournaments and sparring matches with my best friend. So, it's supposed to be a strong and functional TAC list but with some self-imposed restrictions (theme, OCD, availability of models).

Here's the current iteration of the list:
Quote :

Black Heart Battalion - 3 CP
HQ:
1 Archon (Labyrinthine Cunning)
1 Archon

Troops:
10x Kabalite Warriors + 1 Dissie Raider

Black Heart Spearhead - 1 CP
HQ:
1 Archon (Writ of the Living Muse)

Heavy Support:
1 Dark Lance Ravager
1 Dark Lance Ravager
1 Dissie Ravager

Red Grief Outrider - 1 CP
HQ:
1 Succubus (Blood Glaive?)

Fast Attack:
5x Blaster Scourges
5x Blaster Scourges
6x Reavers
6x Reavers

Heavy Support:
1 Tantalus

Total: 1975/2000 pts, 8 CPs
Firepower:
- 12 Pulse Disintegrator + 18 Disintegrator shots
- 14 Darklight shots
- 90 Poison shots (maximum)
- Screen/Tarpit/CC capacity

Kabalite Warriors for standard anti-infantry duty, Dissies to melt heavier blokes. One Archon babysits the 3 Ravagers and conducts a symphony of destruction with re-rolls of 1. Scourges deep strike to snipe important targets and/or grab objectives.

Reavers serve double duty as screens (experience says I really need those) and potential 1st-turn chargers. The Tantalus can join them (seriously, 32" total movement + re-rollable charge Twisted Evil ) to block an SM Razorback mobile bunker formation and similar. HQs may join in on the fun as well.

There's still some room for upgrades and weapon swaps. Practical and constructive criticism are welcome.

Last edited by SarisKhan on Sun Apr 08 2018, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 15:56

Why no special/heavy weapons on the warriors? They should really at least have either 2x blasters or 2x shredders, both weapons are solid. Just depends on if you want a little extra anti-infantry or anti-vehicle firepower. I'd then drop the tantalus so you have pts for raiders to transport the warriors. Yeah the tantalus is cool, but right now you're taking it without really effectively using it as a transport, since it can only transport one kabalite unit. I'd also try and fit in a venom for the characters.

Also if you have the pts I'd throw blasters/grav talons on the reavers. Grav talons in particular are a nice and cheap 3pts now. Not essential though, more important to get special weapons on the warriors.

Hellion
SarisKhan

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:16

The 3 Raiders in the list are for those 3x10 Kabalites, actually. I could give them some Blasters (or Splinter Cannons), though that would require switching more Ravagers to a Dissie loadout so I'd have the points for that. Not sure whether it's worth it, Razorbacks and IKs are a common sight in my local meta.

Tantalus is gonna transport most of my HQs, except for the Archon who manages the Ravagers. May not be the most efficient way of using its transport capacity but I take it mainly for its ranged firepower, CC potential and because it's freaking cool. Also, I want to see people's faces when it makes its 1st turn charge Twisted Evil

Speaking of Reavers, do you think Grav Talons are better than Cluster Caltrops? I'll likely take some of those but not sure which one is better.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:45

Maybe cut a single Reaver unit for all the Blasters on Warriors?

Love the army format btw Smile  And thanks for the firepower analysis. For Reavers, I'd take Blasters and Grav-Talons when you can fit them. Drug for them would be +1T IMO.

Succubus should be Glaive and Stimm Addict I think.

Hellion
SarisKhan

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 18:04

HERO wrote:
Maybe cut a single Reaver unit for all the Blasters on Warriors?

Love the army format btw Smile  And thanks for the firepower analysis.  For Reavers, I'd take Blasters and Grav-Talons when you can fit them.  Drug for them would be +1T IMO.

Succubus should be Glaive and Stimm Addict I think.

Original format, do not steal! Very Happy

Yeah, I might cut either 1 unit of Reavers or Scourges to get upgrade budget for the rest. Toughness drug is naturally the best choice and Grav-Talons seem a nice addition, too. Might be worth it to try out Heat Lances instead of Blasters on the Reaver team, though. Gotta think about that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 19:25

SarisKhan wrote:
The 3 Raiders in the list are for those 3x10 Kabalites, actually. I could give them some Blasters (or Splinter Cannons), though that would require switching more Ravagers to a Dissie loadout so I'd have the points for that. Not sure whether it's worth it, Razorbacks and IKs are a common sight in my local meta.

Tantalus is gonna transport most of my HQs, except for the Archon who manages the Ravagers. May not be the most efficient way of using its transport capacity but I take it mainly for its ranged firepower, CC potential and because it's freaking cool. Also, I want to see people's faces when it makes its 1st turn charge Twisted Evil

Speaking of Reavers, do you think Grav Talons are better than Cluster Caltrops? I'll likely take some of those but not sure which one is better.

O silly me, I completely missed you already have raiders in the list. Still I feel like the tantalus is wasted in this list, for its points its firepower isn't really all that great, and if you want to tie stuff up in melee reavers would be better. Just consider the firepower that 3 more ravagers could bring, similar price to the tantalus. If it's just a cool model you want to use I suppose that's a good enough reason, but it would be nice to have something for it to transport.

Grav talons are way better than cluster caltrops because you control when the mortal wounds happen much more easily, plus reavers will have an easy time charging in and getting those few mortal wounds. It's only 3pts now so I think worth taking.

PostSubject: Re: 2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive   2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Black Heart/Red Grief Semi-Competitive
Page 1 of 1