THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

most competetive units/army builds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

most competetive units/army builds Empty
PostSubject: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 08:28

with the new codex now released and a pretty good buff to the stuff that was bad before what are the best units right now in the codex

and what army list (detachment, units, obsessions) is/are the best ATM?
Back to top Go down
Midknight Archon
Slave
Midknight Archon

PostSubject: Re: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 10:49

Having never played them before I'm really looking wyches with shardnet and wepway portal
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:22

My thoughts, without much in the way of playtesting;

Archon: They've gone from being a 2+ to hit Blaster to a great aura machine or a killy close combat monster.
Succubus: With the addition of relics and warlord traits, she's a fantastic beatstick for her price. Bonus points for being able to have warlord traits without running the risk of giving up slay the warlord.
Kabalites: They're dirt cheap now and have the capability to deal better damage than their Index version. Can also be made immune to morale from turn 2 with the right build, if you want to footslog big blobs of them.
Wracks: A potential T5 with a 4++ save for 9 points? Good luck clearing these off objectives, especially since they also have a (semi-)resurrection stratagem.
Reavers: Possibly the best interception unit in the game now, especially with Red Grief. They aren't necessarily going to kill much but that shouldn't be their job.
Ravager: Already fantastic, they've gotten cheaper, gained access to rerolling hits and wounds, and a 6+++ FNP save.
Razorwing Jetfighter: A similar story to the Ravager - great in the Index, now even better.
Raider: Cheaper, the potential to be faster or more durable, and now able to provide a good buff to Kabalites embarked within.
Back to top Go down
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior
Darkin

PostSubject: Re: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:28

Burnage wrote:

Archon: They've gone from being a 2+ to hit Blaster to a great aura machine or a killy close combat monster.
Succubus: With the addition of relics and warlord traits, she's a fantastic beatstick for her price. Bonus points for being able to have warlord traits without running the risk of giving up slay the warlord.
Kabalites: They're dirt cheap now and have the capability to deal better damage than their Index version. Can also be made immune to morale from turn 2 with the right build, if you want to footslog big blobs of them.
Wracks: A potential T5 with a 4++ save for 9 points? Good luck clearing these off objectives, especially since they also have a (semi-)resurrection stratagem.
Reavers: Possibly the best interception unit in the game now, especially with Red Grief. They aren't necessarily going to kill much but that shouldn't be their job.
Ravager: Already fantastic, they've gotten cheaper, gained access to rerolling hits and wounds, and a 6+++ FNP save.
Razorwing Jetfighter: A similar story to the Ravager - great in the Index, now even better.
Raider: Cheaper, the potential to be faster or more durable, and now able to provide a good buff to Kabalites embarked within.
thank you but what is the job of reavers then?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 11:39

Darkin wrote:
Burnage wrote:

thank you but what is the  job of reavers then?

Tying stuff up in close combat, grabbing objectives, acting as an aggressive unit that forces the enemy to focus fire on it first.

If you want to kill stuff in a Wych Cult list then Wyches, Hellions and Razorwings all do a better job of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most competetive units/army builds   most competetive units/army builds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

most competetive units/army builds
Page 1 of 1