THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs Practically Unfieldable

Go down 
+6
Mikoneo
Skulnbonz
Vael Galizur
amishprn86
Stark Raving Sane
attackdrone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

Corsairs Practically Unfieldable Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:25

Latest FAQ Beta Changes: Aeldari cannot be used as a detachment keyword (can still be used as army keyword).

Corsair unit entry keywords: "Aeldari", "Anthathre".

Result? Corsairs are no longer legal to field in any detachment except Ynnari and Auxilary Support. This is a pretty brutal change to those of us with Corsairs (following an already brutal change by having 85% of our army deleted in the switch to 8th edition).
Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2018, 19:25

They can't be Ynnari anymore either. By the new FAQ, only Craftworlds, Harlequins, and Drukhari detachments can become Ynnari detachments.

But they can take Falcons and Venoms now. If you don't mind spending 2 CP to take two auxiliary support detachments, one for one small unit of corsairs, and one for its transport. Laughing
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 17:28

FW is removing many units and backing off on some 40k stuff, a few are saying FW is hurting really badly, at this point Corsair players needs to play fandex or just sub them for cwe/de/quins.

its very sad b.c i have a corsairs army and it was by far my favorite army in 7th and would love to play them again.

PS: How can they take Venoms/Falcons? Did i miss a faq for them?

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 19:31

You did!

From the recent FAQ:

"Q: There are no datasheets for Corsair Venoms or Corsair Falcons – are there datasheets I should use for these models? A: Use the Venom or Falcon datasheets respectively (from Index: Xenos 1 or the appropriate codex). In either case, the vehicle replaces its <Kabal>, <Wych Cult>, <Haemonculus Coven> or <Craftworld> Faction keyword with <Coterie>, and that model can only transport <Coterie> Infantry models (the number of models and any other restrictions remain the same)."

For the time being my corsairs will be regular Craftworlders or Kabalites cosplaying as corsair pirates.

Double post merged - Cavash
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 22:03

Stark Raving Sane wrote:
You did!

From the recent FAQ:

"Q: There are no datasheets for Corsair Venoms or Corsair Falcons – are there datasheets I should use for these models? A: Use the Venom or Falcon datasheets respectively (from Index: Xenos 1 or the appropriate codex). In either case, the vehicle replaces its <Kabal>, <Wych Cult>, <Haemonculus Coven> or <Craftworld> Faction keyword with <Coterie>, and that model can only transport <Coterie> Infantry models (the number of models and any other restrictions remain the same)."

For the time being my corsairs will be regular Craftworlders or Kabalites cosplaying as corsair pirates.

Double post merged - Cavash

Edit: I cant find it still, im still looking tho.

Can you kink the source? I need the source for my local.

Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 23:26

It's in the new FAQ for Imperial Armour Index: Xenos.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 00:22

Stark Raving Sane wrote:
It's in the new FAQ for Imperial Armour Index: Xenos.

FW site is still the old faq, its on GW's site, thats why i couldnt find it.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/imperial_armour_index_xenos-1.pdf

Also

Q: Can I use the weapon profiles for things like lasblasters and
D-cannons from Codex: Craftworlds, or do I have to use the
ones printed in Imperial Armour – Index: Xenos?
A: You can use the profiles from Codex: Craftworld

Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 01:50

Which suggests that Corsairs should use the updated weapon profiles for Blasters and other DE weapons from Codex: Drukhari, but doesn't actually say so.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 03:48

Hope this isn't thread necromancy, but I wanted to make sure the people in this thread see this.

In the new FAQ, it looks like GW is trying to repair the damage the last FAQ did to the Corsairs! Check out the latest FAQ for Imperial Armour - Index: Xenos, pg. 3-4. There are 6 changes and 2 questions answered about Corsairs; the most pertinent ones add the following ability to Cloud Dancer Bands, Reaver Bands, and Skyreaver Bands:

‘Corsairs: So long as your Warlord is Aeldari, you
can include this unit in a Patrol, Battalion, or Outrider
Detachment even if that Detachment contains no
HQ units. However, if you do so, that Detachment’s
Command Benefits are changed to ‘None’.’

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 07:17

Yeah, i saw this. I have a 2k old 7th corsairs list, tho... many of those units are not corsairs anymore or good (hornets, Warp Hunters), and many of my units are not even playable (Cloud Dancer Felarch unit of 3 with all void sabers, Balestrike Bands with all Shuriken Cannons).

Tho i can do 5mans with 4 and 1 heavy weapon as Shuriken cannon.

They lost so much that i dont even want to play with them, they used to be 2 special in 5mans, their void saber is a 10pt power sword atm with no special rules, they lost their good JSJ rules (so did tau tho), and their HQ's are gone.

FW is just in no position to do 40k, idk what they are doing, but its not like it takes a lot of work to make a few datasheets for an index format army that already had units.

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 13:06

Vael Galizur wrote:

‘Corsairs: So long as your Warlord is Aeldari, you
can include this unit in a Patrol, Battalion, or Outrider
Detachment even if that Detachment contains no
HQ units. However, if you do so, that Detachment’s
Command Benefits are changed to ‘None’.’

So... I can take a outrider detachment of 3 5 man clouddancers with splinter cannons, and have no HQ requirement?
And I lose.... what exactly? What command benefits does those 3 units have? dancing on a blades edge?

This might be worth a look...

Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 13:38

I think the command benefits for detachments refer to how much cp they generate. So corsair detachments never generate cp
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 14:15

Correct. And all this is because there is no model for a Corsair HQ.

nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 16:20

There's no model for any of them...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04 2018, 21:50

nerdelemental wrote:

The model is Guardians or Kabals with the Upgrade pack.

They still sell the upgrade pack actually (the heavy weapon team one)

But just like ALL armies in 7th to 8th, they are suppose to make them playable, FW did not, this is their way to make them playable until index's go away in a couple years.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 07:20

It's good to show contempt for your customers like this, it shows you don't care about their money. Such a chad move by Forge World to do this.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2018, 16:50

amishprn86 wrote:
nerdelemental wrote:

The model is Guardians or Kabals with the Upgrade pack.

They still sell the upgrade pack actually (the heavy weapon team one)

But just like ALL armies in 7th to 8th, they are suppose to make them playable, FW did not, this is their way to make them playable until index's go away in a couple years.

That's actually my point, too. There's upgrade packs for, like, one little thing. Little wing-like pegs and a gun. But we can use Venoms and Hornets. Why not an "archon"? Seriously. It's such a dumb, dumb argument. One employee, with not a lot to do, with an afternoon at the keyboard, could copy and paste any generic stats from an Archon, copy and paste the stats for the gun, and then type the words "Corsair Prince". Give one person of quasi-legit authority ten minutes to look it over and approve it, and send it off. The entire 7th ed Corsair range. Just typed up. WTF.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2018, 07:11

You can use Venoms and Falcons, they faq that.

Hornets and Warp Hunters can be taken by any Aeldari.

Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2018, 09:21

nerdelemental wrote:
One employee, with not a lot to do, with an afternoon at the keyboard, could copy and paste any generic stats from an Archon, copy and paste the stats for the gun, and then type the words "Corsair Prince". Give one person of quasi-legit authority ten minutes to look it over and approve it, and send it off. The entire 7th ed Corsair range. Just typed up. WTF.

Yeah, it's bizarre they didn't do that. Along with the disappearance of the normal Corsair kit and Corsair jetbike kit, it's part of what makes me think they are planning some new Corsair stuff for GW proper with the Ynnari Codex. I hope!

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06 2018, 12:01

Vael Galizur wrote:
nerdelemental wrote:
One employee, with not a lot to do, with an afternoon at the keyboard, could copy and paste any generic stats from an Archon, copy and paste the stats for the gun, and then type the words "Corsair Prince". Give one person of quasi-legit authority ten minutes to look it over and approve it, and send it off. The entire 7th ed Corsair range. Just typed up. WTF.

Yeah, it's bizarre they didn't do that. Along with the disappearance of the normal Corsair kit and Corsair jetbike kit, it's part of what makes me think they are planning some new Corsair stuff for GW proper with the Ynnari Codex. I hope!

Those kits (I have emails saved) have been gone for 3 years now, we.. 2 years sold out and 1 year now off the webstore. I have asked over and over and over and over again. They have told me their master mold is broke.

They are working with 20-25 year old tech for many models and dont want to use new tech to fit them,make them up to date, or make new ones.

They dont even have the tech to make the Tantalus sails properly....

FW is just a 2nd rate company now, where their tech is so old players can make their own for 50-70$, and they are. I go through a 3rd party, they have it for 34$ and makes them on demand, ships all within 2weeks. Yet FW cant even make a mold within 3yrs.

IMO Something is wrong with FW, something we dont know. Maybe they have to pay GW to much money, maybe they really just cant afford to do anything 40k anymore. Maybe their is internal politic problems, something internal is really messed up.

Back to top Go down
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 09:26

As I recently fell in love with them, I decided to add a Corsair detachment to my main Drukhari force. For the moment I ordered enough bitz to convert 20 reaver band men (the recent FAQ wasn't out yet so I knew that my future guys were unplayable, but I still wanted to have Corsairs and to support their rehabilitation)

I can't imagine how the people with full corsair armies must have felt at the beginning of 8th edition when they discovered this outrage. What a letdown !

At last this change does allow us to use the meagre remnants of that once complete faction, but not being able to gain CPs is lame. It would have been so much better if they had taken 10 minutes to write rules for Princes/Barons and VoidDreamers, allowing us at the very least to field Corsairs like any other faction.
I hope they will further improve it because that change alone is obviously not enough to convince most people of bringing back their Corsair force into play (or beginning a new one)
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2018, 15:51

Yeah, i have units that i cant even play anymore, i have a 3k Corsairs army.

At least Warp Hunters and Hornets are still "legal" but they are complete trash now. I mean a Warp Hunter is 290pts! WTF! A Fire Prism is 160pts base...... and its weapon isnt that good.

I have 3 Falcons, 2 Venoms, with weapons that are not legal now

The main 2 units i can not use anymore are my favorite ones too...... Balestrike Band, its the "Scourges" of Corsairs, its a 5man Jump unit with 4 Shuriken Cannons, it was a 95pt unit with Jump shoot Jump, one of the most fun units to play. The other unit is Cloud Dancers melee unit, Cloud Dancers (the bikes) use to be able to take 3 Felarchs (Thats 3 Exarchs basically) and 2 normal Bikers for more wounds, this acted like a Shiny Spear unit, with the Prince/Baron, and all with the Void Sabers (It used to be +1Str Power Sword with bonus AP on 6's), I cant play them now, b.c how weapon loadouts work, and 10pts for a crappy Power Sword in 8th is not fun to play.

They used to be 2 Special weapons per 5, IDK why its only 1 per 5 now....

Over all, my 7th Corsairs are dead, there is now more Corsairs, there is 8th Corsairs, that are NOTHING the same, they are different armies and it is Heart Breaking. Sad pale No

My 7th list was the most fun i have had and will ever have in 40k, no game of 8th will even come close to how fun Corsairs are in 7th, and i didnt play the over power "formations" it was a fun list that still won games.

This is off memory, so i might have it off a bit, but it was basically

Prince Pike
Baron Bike, Shadow Field, Voidsaber
Void Dreamer
Baron JP, Shadow Field
Baron JP, Shadow Field
Reavers x2 Fusion Guns JP
Cloud Dancers x6 (3 Felarchs), x3 Power Lances
Balestrike Band x10, x4 Shuriken JP
Warp Hunter x2
Hornets x2

As you can see, its mostly just bodies, and yes i won with this vs Riptides, WK's, Celestine and Biker gangs, etc.. the key is i can be anywhere on the table anytime i wanted, when you can Jump shoot Jump to hide Behind cover after shooting, move 16-20" at times, Re-DS in the middle of turns, and still have 4 vehicles that can kill almost anything. its just loads of fun.

I dont have Pictures of my Warp Hunters, Venoms or Falcons, but they are all that Sky Blue.
Here are some Pics
PICTURES:

Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2018, 05:25

More Corsair rule changes and FAQ's in the latest Imperial Armour Index: Xenos

Amongst a few other changes, I noticed that they are telling us use the various Felarch datasheets for Corsair Princes or Barons, and giving Felarchs the ability to use Void Sabres and Dissonance Pistols. Still no Command Benefits, though.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11 2018, 05:38

Yeah that was added on the Big Faq 2 rounds.

Its ok, they are playable now, but FW has killed them off, its sad, what a glorious army.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs Practically Unfieldable   Corsairs Practically Unfieldable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs Practically Unfieldable
Page 1 of 1