THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter

Go down 
+12
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Riddip
FattimusMcGee
Garion
Burnage
Braden Campbell
Lord Asvaldir
AzraeI
shadowseercB
Zuriaxis
The Strange Dark One
amishprn86
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 15:58

Burnage wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
so braden you are like, our granparchon?

This comment made me feel incredibly old. I remember when the first Dark Eldar models got released...

I've now had that moment when you realize the Wych Cult models you're playing with are physically older than your opponent. First time I've had that when I wasn't using Rogue Trader stuff.

Some day I'd like to own a Raven. I don't care too much about playing games with it, I'd just like to have one and paint it up nice.

Back to top Go down
archondav
Slave
archondav

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2018, 21:32

I remember way back when Forgeworld also had a double Raven model but I can't remember what it was called. Was it also called a Razorwing?
Back to top Go down
sejason
Hellion
sejason

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 06:57

I remembered that model also, but I had to dig a while until I came up with a result.
Yes, it was also called a Razorwing and that's why you find nearly nought about it nowadays.
It was featured in the Imperial Armour II back in 2001 Smile

Those 3rd Edition Wyches and the Archon are the oldest models I own AND use on the tabletop.
Poor old Drazhar has yet to see his first game ... fully painted since the mini was released, but I never used him.

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 08:31

I vividly remember the OG Razorwing (I didn't remember it was called that) but it does seem like almost all traces of it have been wiped off the internet and under a rug somewhere. I spent way too much time Googling today just trying to verify that it existed and I hadn't just hallucinated the whole thing.

I still play games with models from Rogue Trader. I'm just not used to thinking of 3rd ed Dark Eldar models as being old. Or at least, not *that* old. They can't be that old, they came out when I was in college!

...sigh.

Back to top Go down
sejason
Hellion
sejason

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 10:04

The only image I found was in the IA2 book itself. Not even the Web Archive had an old image ...
Nevertheless, I proudly present to you the old Razorwing:
*fanfares in the background*

ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 Old_razorwing

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
archondav
Slave
archondav

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 14:21

Thanks alot. That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 20:43

Calyptra wrote:
I vividly remember the OG Razorwing (I didn't remember it was called that) but it does seem like almost all traces of it have been wiped off the internet and under a rug somewhere. I spent way too much time Googling today just trying to verify that it existed and I hadn't just hallucinated the whole thing.

I still play games with models from Rogue Trader. I'm just not used to thinking of 3rd ed Dark Eldar models as being old. Or at least, not *that* old. They can't be that old, they came out when I was in college!

...sigh.

Thats internet rot for ya

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 01:23

sejason wrote:
The only image I found was in the IA2 book itself. Not even the Web Archive had an old image ...
Nevertheless, I proudly present to you the old Razorwing:
*fanfares in the background*

ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 Old_razorwing

I was pretty critical of it when it came out. ("So... our second Forgeworld model is just two of the first one stuck together?") Looking at it now, while it suffers in a few places from being conjoined Ravens, overall I think it's a solid and interesting design. It's too bad we didn't get to see it pushed a little further (ie not made out of Ravens).

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 04:07

Well.... FW had like 3-4 other models they were going to do, even made full scale sculpts

Its what FW doesm cycles through models and wastes time/money on using old and outdated techniques that takes lots of man power, time, and no love.

Me and a friend goes though a 3rd party guy for certain models (mostly FW ones on Outdated units and Finecast models, im 100% boycotting finecast, my local store knows this and is 100% understanding), his resin is better, cheaper, he does it easier and faster than FW and it puts them to shame.

I like the design of that, it reminds me of 60's Batman lol. I have 1 Raven Strike Fighter, i dont even use it and i wouldnt use these rules. I did for fun use it as a RWJF time to time, but since i have 4 RWJF models its not needed other than for fun.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter   ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ITS BACK! Raven Strike Fighter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2