THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BIG FAQ Ynnari

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Dark Elf Dave
Kantalla
Siticus the Ancient
Mppqlmd
Burnage
PFI
11 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:59

Uhh it says that Yvraine visarch yncanre is the warlord but that now the detachment counts as a proper drukhari craftworld or harlequin detachment and can use its relics strategems and warlrod traits. But if they are the warlrod and you can still use warlord traits, does that mean the they can have a warlrod trait from the appropriate codex of the detachment they are part of??

Like could a black heart Yvraine (OH THE IRONY) take the black heart warlord trait?

"
If your army is Battle-forged and the Warlord of your army is either Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne then you
can include any of these models in any Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Detachment (as defined in their
respective codexes), provided that the Detachment does not include any of the following: Urien Rakarth, Drazhar,
Mandrakes, the Avatar of Khaine or any <Haemonculus Coven> units. You can include these models in the
Detachment even if you are using the Battle Brothers matched play rule.
If Yvraine, the Visarch or the Yncarne is included in a Detachment, all Aeldari units in that Detachment gain the
Ynnari keyword. These units cannot use any of the following abilities, and are not considered to have them: Ancient
Doom, Battle Focus, Rising Crescendo, Power From Pain. Instead, Ynnari Infantry and Biker units gain the
Strength from Death ability, as described below. The Detachment is still considered to be a Craftworlds, Harlequins
or Drukhari Detachment, and so can use Craftworlds, Harlequins or Drukhari Stratagems, Warlord Traits and
Relics respectively. Note that these units will not, however, gain any of the Detachment abilities listed in their
respective codexes (such as The Path of War, Craftworld Attributes, Masque Forms, Drukhari Obsessions, etc.).’
"
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:08

I really don't know to interpret this. It looks like the FAQ does indeed say that Ynnari HQs can take Craftworld/Drukhari/Harlequin warlord traits, but there also aren't any specific Drukhari warlord traits (only Kabal, Cult and Coven ones), so...?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:12

TIME FOR ANOTHER FAQ !!

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:21

No, they cannot take the Drukhari warlord traits, as Yvraine, Visarch and the Yncarne do not have Drukhari, Kabal, Wych Cult or Coven keywords.

That said, if in that detachment you have, say, an Archon, you can give him the Drukhari artefacts. But Yvraine, Visarch and the Yncarne remain the same.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:25

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
No, they cannot take the Drukhari warlord traits, as Yvraine, Visarch and the Yncarne do not have Drukhari, Kabal, Wych Cult or Coven keywords.

That said, if in that detachment you have, say, an Archon, you can give him the Drukhari artefacts. But Yvraine, Visarch and the Yncarne remain the same.

If an Ynnari HQ is your warlord, you can take an Ynnari HQ in a Drukhari detachment.
If an Ynnari HQ is in a Drukhari detachment, you can take Drukhari warlord traits.

What's the point of both of these rules existing if Ynnari HQs cannot take Drukhari warlord traits?
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:32

I'm pretty sure its saying accidently exactly that a ynnari hq can take a warlord trait absed on the detachment they take. There is literally no other way for those warlord traits to matter otherwise.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:34

yeah reading the rules for warlord traits, makes it a very stupid faq
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:47

Seems simple enough. They are eligible for Warlord Traits, but because they lack the relevant keywords cannot take any <KABAL>, <CULT> or <COVEN> ones.

So no trait if your warlord is in a Drukhari detachment.

However, if say you take Yvraine in a Craftworlds detachment (warlord) then she can get a warlord trait. You could then take the Yncarne in a Drukahri detachment without missing out.

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 09:09

But lets say for example you are like me and you don't like Ynnari and you prefer people to stay loyal to either Craftworlds or Drukhari and not mix both then this is a nerf to Ynnari lists yes? Which is great yes?
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 09:38

If you enjoy feeding off the tears of others then yes this is a great day. Especially, I understand, if you wish misery and suffering to Death Guard players.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 11:56

Moved to Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs - Count Adhemar

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 17:31

DE WL traits are all keyword ornate, so they cant take them.

The DE codex might have been made with Ynnari in mind and this could be a good thing for future development.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 19:35

Yvraine was a Wych before she got religion, no? Giving her a wych warlord trait would be fluffy, if not RAW.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 21:08

Not really. She was actually a captured Autarch pressed into fighting in the arenas.
Back to top Go down
Stark Raving Sane
Slave
Stark Raving Sane

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 23:54

Ah. Shows what I know. Is that in The Fracture of Biel Tan or one of the novels?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2018, 23:55

Fracture of Biel Tan
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2018, 00:21

Delete, miss post

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01 2018, 19:12

As far as I can tell the Ynnari 3 don't gain the Keyword of the detachment they're in so the only contentious set of warlord traits is Craftworlds and only because the book doesn't have "Craftworld" in bold to denote a keyword probably because it was the first book.
BIG FAQ Ynnari Traits10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG FAQ Ynnari Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG FAQ Ynnari   BIG FAQ Ynnari I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG FAQ Ynnari
Page 1 of 1