THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help With 500pt List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wyrmbeard
Slave
wyrmbeard

Help With 500pt List Empty
PostSubject: Help With 500pt List   Help With 500pt List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 04:06

Hi! Very Happy

I'm new to WH40K and decided to go with the Dark Eldar. Love the lore, the aesthetics, the style, the everything! I did pick up the new codex and the rulebook but at this point it's hard for me to grasp a lot of things. I wanted some help throwing together a 500pt army I can take to my local GW and practice the game from. I'm aware of open play but I'm more interested in learning matched play. I do understand that the Drukhari is not particularly a beginner friendly army but i like a challenge Wink

I did pick up some minis already but i'm willing to spend a little more to fill in any blanks;

Start Collecting 2016
10 x Kabalite Warriors
1 x Archon
3 x Reavers
1 X Raider

Start Collecting 2018
10 x Wyches
1 x Succubus
3 x Reavers
1 x Venom

Other Stuff
1 x Venom
10 x Kabalite Warriors

Help is very much appreciated please and thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Help With 500pt List   Help With 500pt List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 07:11

You seem to have a reasonable starting force.
And I see 2 rough options for you, one more kabalite focussed with a squad of wyches and the other slightly more cult with a squad of warriors. Later on it will be important to get some more command points but for 500 points and just learning the game I would worry less about that.

Kabalites with some wyches:
Archon (with huskblade/ pistol)
2*5 warriors (w blaster)
2 venoms
succubus (w glaive and maybe pistol instead of a wych #6)
6 wyches (w power sword and wych weapon)
raider

This should get you to 500 ad in some phantom grenade launcher to get to 500.

Archon (with huskblade)
5 warriors (w blaster)
raider
succubus (w glaive)
2*5 wyches (w power sword and wych weapon)
venom
3 reavers
This would leave your HQ to run, as well as being slightly low on anti tank, you do still have enough points to either get a blaster (for the reavers) or 2 blast pistols (1 for each HQ)

When expanding your army in both cases it might be good to get some more anti tank/heavy infantry with a ravager, as then battles also become larger and you are more likely to meet tanks.
Back to top Go down
wyrmbeard
Slave
wyrmbeard

PostSubject: Re: Help With 500pt List   Help With 500pt List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 07:58

Thanks for responding!
I'm leaning towards the kabalite side of your suggestion since i have more of those than wyches right now. I'll look into picking up a ravager as well.

Just a couple other questions;

Regarding the obsessions/cults/covens. Is this something I should be building around or will this come as i learn what i'm doing?

If i was to expand i'd love to include a homunculus detachment with some wracks and a talos what would be optimal in that situation?

Once again really appreciate the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crixalis
Hellion
Crixalis

PostSubject: Re: Help With 500pt List   Help With 500pt List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2018, 08:15

Yea, Meavar's first list is pretty solid as far as 500 pts with your models goes.

In its current configuration it's a Battalion and gives you an extra 5 CP for 8 in total. That's really good for 500 pts and it can help you practice using stratagems from early on. That being said there's not a lot of units/things to spend your CP on at such a low points/model count.

If you'd rather get the passive bonuses from Obsessions as well as the superior Warlord Traits and Artefacts you could separate the list into two patrols.

So it really comes down to whether you want a lot of practice with spending Command Points or would you rather have units that are passively better due to Obsessions etc. Both are mandatory later on, but for now you can pick and choose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help With 500pt List   Help With 500pt List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help With 500pt List
Page 1 of 1