THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pt list vs Tau

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cjtabares
Slave

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 17:44

I am in a league for the first time and for week 1 we have to play a 500 pt skirmish. I am going against a Tau army tonight and need some help building a list.

I was thinking maybe:

4 warriors w/ blaster
Haemonculus w/ LG
Venom w/ 2splinter cannons

5 warriors w/ blaster
Venom w/ 2splinter cannons

2 Beastmasters
3 khymeara
2 razorwing flocks

Ravages w/ 3 dark lances

Total 493pts.

I am still new so any input would be great

Last edited by cjtabares on Tue May 21 2013, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cjtabares
Slave

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 17:53

Forgot to say that the general get a free equipment choice. I went with the LG. So that's why the points work
Back to top Go down
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow
Hellion
Kabal_of_the_Red_Shadow

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 18:01

I'd drop the Beastmasters and take some wyches with Haywire grenades in case he takes some vehicles. At this low of points though, I bet he won't take many vehicles. He is going to try and take an asston of firewarriors, in which case wyches will be great because he can't stand up to us in close combat. Maybe drop one of the ravagers for some more wyches or warriors, but definitely keep one.
Back to top Go down
cjtabares
Slave

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 18:14

There is only one Ravager. And the beastmasters unit is 90 points. So either 9 wychs on foot or 4 in a venom. Would either ever make it into cc?
Back to top Go down
cammy
Hellion

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 18:20

You Should be able to fit into 500 Points

Hemonculi with free weapon

3 wracks Venom - Extra Splinter Cannon
3 wracks Venom - Extra Splinter Cannon

Talos - TL Liquifier - Splinter Cannon
Talos - TL Liquifier - Splinter Cannon

the warriors in your list dont add to much, and the blaster means you will be getting up close to use it meaning its more likly to be wrecked and kill most of the warriors

The beast are good in combat but i think will be a main focus of the shooting and proberbly be wiped out in 1 turn by the tau.

The list i posted is by no means fool proof but gives you 6 Splinter Cannons at 500 Points - 2 TL MC which at 500 points should be able to weather the tau storm, and once in combat will be able to munch through anything.

By carefull target priority it will be fairly easy for the talos to get a pain token on your turn 1 to make the have a 3+ and then a 5+ FNP

I would imagine your playing on a 4x4 board which will greatly limit the ability for the ravager to use its manovrability and as such will most likly be dropped turn 1.

The list i have put does rely on the AT coming from the Talos being MC - but i wouldnt imagine there would be much armour at 500 points, and even if there was you can concentrate on the troops and win the game.
Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeTue May 21 2013, 19:04

I like this hamy list. seems like a good fit for my upcoming campaign
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitimeWed May 22 2013, 08:17

You cant have 4 warriors in a squad. The smallest you can get is 5. Take 3 wracks to make room for your haemie.

Also I don't think the beastmasters are needed at this point level. Taking venoms should chew through enough troops, and you wont need the assault. If your really that desperate, take a taloi instead of a ravager, but I highly doubt you need it. Another troop choice is far better option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

500pt list vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500pt list vs Tau   500pt list vs Tau I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pt list vs Tau
Page 1 of 1