THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?

Go down 
+5
Crazy_Ivan
Vasara
Andalit
Bibitybopitybacon
erdbeerchen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
erdbeerchen
Slave

can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? Empty
PostSubject: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04 2013, 15:35

Hello,
I just started a Dark Eldar army Smile

- Btw, I am not an native speaker, so please excuse my english Smile

Our local store starts an escalation league right now, and I used this opportunity to start a new army!
I have never played with or even against Dark Eldar yet - quite new to WH40k Very Happy

Do you have any suggestions for my first 500pt list? As I understand there will be many different Space Marines in the meta. We have some restrictions, like no vehicle with 12 or more armor, no fliers. 3+ wounds only on Idependent Characters. No 2+ armorsaves and no 3+ invul. saves. And how could this list evolve to 750 points?

Without any experience I would take one Haemonculi with Liquifier as my Warlord.
9 Warriors in a Raider with these reroll to poison weapons upgrade. (Haemon goes in here?)
then maybe 5 Wracks with liquifier gun or 5 haywire wyches in a venom + second splinter cannon.

but what after this?
I would need some AV? maybe reavers with heatlance and caltrops? or these awesome looking scourges with STR8 AP2 guns or haywire? Or should I just stick a second Raider full of Warriors and just hope they do not bring that many vehicles?

I would like your suggestions, as I am buying, building and painting my army right now as I would use it in the league Smile
thank you!
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 04:49

My suggestion would be..
Haemonculi liquifier=60
3 wracks venom+cannon= 95
3 wracks venom+ cannon= 95
2 ravengers = 210
And you have 40 points left. Maybe put night shields on everything and give your warlord an axe, or up the wracks to 5 each.
The two most efficient units in the codex are the venom for anti troops and the ravenger for at. This list gives you as many of those as possible at this point level. With not having to worry about flyers or 2+ saves this list should do well. To bring it up to 700 just grab another three man wrack unit and ravenger which equals 200 on the dot. Use the rest of the points to upgrade to taste 36 poison shots and 9 darklance shots at 750 should do the trick. If you think you have too much AT just switch a ravenger for a venom.
Edit: I need to read the post better Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Andalit
Hellion
Andalit

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 11:21

^ Very solid list at 500p.
Might consider putting dissi's on one of the ravagers.
As there won't be any 12+ armour, most will be footslogging and with 9 str 5 ap 2 shots, you can more than half a SM squad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 11:28

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
My suggestion would be..
Haemonculi liquifier=60
3 wracks venom+cannon= 95
3 wracks venom+ cannon= 95
2 ravengers = 210
And you have 40 points left. Maybe put night shields on everything and give your warlord an axe, or up the wracks to 5 each.
The two most efficient units in the codex are the venom for anti troops and the ravenger for at. This list gives you as many of those as possible at this point level. With not having to worry about flyers or 2+ saves this list should do well. To bring it up to 700 just grab another three man wrack unit and ravenger which equals 200 on the dot. Use the rest of the points to upgrade to taste 36 poison shots and 9 darklance shots at 750 should do the trick. If you think you have too much AT just switch a ravenger for a venom.
Edit: I need to read the post better Embarassed

With the remainding points I'd get 2 wracks and a liquifier to the others sqaud and one wrack to the other. Tahts for 500. Then see what works for you and add that. Maybe a 3rd raider so that you have 2 DL and one dissie. if the board is 4' x 4' no night shields as everything is quite close.
Back to top Go down
erdbeerchen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 18:31

Thank you for the great suggestions! I just realized there is one more restriction in first rounds of the league! I can not field anything with 3+ hull points, thats not an dedicated transport! Sad

So no ravagers till it goes up to 1000 points
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2013, 21:04

Maybe go for

Heme with liquifier
4 x wracks in venom (haeme rides with these)
5 x wracks with liquifier in venom
3 x wracks
3 x true born with dark lances
3 x true born with dark lances

Gives you three troops at 500 which will help alot.
Have the trueborn sat in cover, with 36" range you should be able to pop and vehicles before they get too close.
3 wracks start on an objective in ruins, put them to ground for 2+ cover with feels no pain they are very hard to shift.
other two squds sit and take out infantry from afar until you have thinned them out enough to flamer them off any objectives they are holding.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 05:37

You said you were mostly playing against space marines? And only vehicles with 2 hull points? What vehicles with 2hull points do meq armies have? Youll most likely only see. Rhinos and razorbavks with foot slogging units. I would do as crazy Ivan suggests and go with 2 three man darklance squads so my list would be...

Heme
4wracks with venom
4wracks with venom
3trueborn with two darklances and a venom
3trueborn with two darklances

There you go. I am worried about only two source AT in the list. It is generally a good idea to have a unit that can threaten both vehicles and troops (the usual way of doing this is by loading antiarmour Units into transports that are good at infantry killing and vise versa) In the last list I gave you that wasn't as big of a deal since ravengers are so good at AT. With the loss of the ravengers you have lost a third of your lance shots and trueborn aren't as mobile or survivable as ravengers by a long shot. You may want to try this instead...
heme
5 warriors+blaster in venom
3 trueborn+2darklances
3 trueborn+2darklances

This list has fewer poison shots but gives you the ability to threaten vehicals if you lose your lance squads. (If you're feeling adventurous you could switch out the warriors for 5 wyches with haywire for the same cost though haywires are better at taking out 12+ armour and since you wont be seeing any of that...)

If you feel like you need more AI use the top list and if AT is the problem use the bottom one.
Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 14:15

if you cant take more than 2hp vehicles, the most you will see out of MEQ are speeders...
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 18:38

he said nothing with 2+ hull points that is not a dedicated transport, that means Rhinos and Razorbacks are in. No Ravagers really is a problem, I'd try to squeeze in more lances as your only 2 units for AT are very fragile with the trueborn. Can't think of a good way though.
Back to top Go down
TyG17
Slave

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 18:49

It is possible to squeeze a land raider in as a dedicated transport. I know Blood Angels can do it for sure but that severely limits the rest of his army
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 19:20

Dogmar wrote:
he said nothing with 2+ hull points that is not a dedicated transport, that means Rhinos and Razorbacks are in. No Ravagers really is a problem, I'd try to squeeze in more lances as your only 2 units for AT are very fragile with the trueborn. Can't think of a good way though.

hmm... missed that part. Well then you dont take lances, and run haywire wyches as your main AT. use venoms to pop infantry that you will see, and bam... thats your list
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 21:27

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
You said you were mostly playing against space marines? And only vehicles with 2 hull points? What vehicles with 2hull points do meq armies have? Youll most likely only see. Rhinos and razorbavks with foot slogging units. I would do as crazy Ivan suggests and go with 2 three man darklance squads so my list would be...

Heme
4wracks with venom
4wracks with venom
3trueborn with two darklances and a venom
3trueborn with two darklances

There you go. I am worried about only two source AT in the list. It is generally a good idea to have a unit that can threaten both vehicles and troops (the usual way of doing this is by loading antiarmour Units into transports that are good at infantry killing and vise versa) In the last list I gave you that wasn't as big of a deal since ravengers are so good at AT. With the loss of the ravengers you have lost a third of your lance shots and trueborn aren't as mobile or survivable as ravengers by a long shot. You may want to try this instead...
heme
3 trueborn+2darklances
3 trueborn+2darklances

Replace the DarkLances on the Trueborn on these lists with 3 Blasters per unit or 2 Splinter Cannons. You will save at least 5 points per unit and and gain additional shots and mobility.

I would also suggest having the Trueborn in the Venoms and footslogging the Warriors.

Alternately replace one unit of Trueborn in one of the Venoms with a Wych Squad.

Haemie w Hexrifle with 3 Trueborn equipped with 2 Splinter Cannons and a Balster in a Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons and Nightshields was my top scoring unit at 500 points when my local group started phase 1 of our current campaign. Don't expect to insta-kill anything with the HexRifle, but it allows the Haemie to do damage while keeping your HQ out of danger for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?   can you help me with my first 500pt list, please? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can you help me with my first 500pt list, please?
Page 1 of 1