THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you loadout your kabalites?

Go down 
+22
Burnage
SarisKhan
Ming the Merciless
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
dumpeal
Scumbag
Imateria
aurynn
Marrath
yellabelly
Toffeehammer
Lord Asvaldir
Fl4iedSkul
nerdelemental
closecraig
Zormo0
Soulless Samurai
lament.config
TeenageAngst
Braden Campbell
Nogrim
Zormo
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zormo
Slave
Zormo

How do you loadout your kabalites? Empty
PostSubject: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 01:52

I'm starting to build my kabalites and from what I've seen blasters are a must. But what do I go for when it comes to sybarites and heavy weapons? Also do squads of 5 or 10 work best in your experience?
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 03:00

well imho it really depends on your list. kabalites are super versatile and can do just about any role.

personally i build/paint them in 10 man squads, with a Darklance a blaster and a shredder.

this gives me a heavy weapon and two specials if i keep them in 10man, and then i can just count them as non-special weapons/DL and remove them first if im not using specials or HA in the actual list.

if i need to split them in to 5's ill use the Darklance as a sybrite place holder.

Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 03:26

10 men: 9 splinter rifles, 1 splinter cannon, Raider w/ splinter racks.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 03:27

Minimum squads, completely stock. Occasionally I'll give them Phantasm Grenade Launchers.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 05:50

Five dudes one with a blasters. The grenades are looking appealing with the points on warriors and brings them to the index cost without them.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 09:57

Either 5-man squads with 1 Blaster or 10-man squads with 2 Blasters (Depending on whether I'm using Venoms or Raiders).

Ideally, I'd use 2 5-man squads in the Raiders, but the severe HQ tax we pay makes this an unattractive choice.

Currently I'm trying Agonisers on the Sabarites, since they go with Poison Tongue, but I've yet to play a game so I can't vouch for how that will go (probably not well Wink ).

I've heard some people suggest taking a Dark Lance on 10-man squads, but I'm not sure that's a good investment. Not when it will be hitting on 4s most of the time.

Zormo0
Slave
Zormo0

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 10:06

I built a sybarite with a blast pistol and agoniser but so far no one has mentioned using them... Should I have just built him as a normal warrior?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 10:56

I'm currently looking at a 20 man squad to deep strike. 4 Shredders and 2 Dark Lances within an Obsidian Rose detachment. Dark Lances for anything heavy and the shredders to eliminate the usual horde that is rampant in my local meta.
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 12:33

Almost always: Raider - 10 man. Sybarite stock with Splinter rifle, 7 rifles, 2 Blasters. No Splinter Rack. It's a trap.

Obsidian Rose FTW.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 13:06

Zormo wrote:
...blasters are a must... But what do I go for when it comes to sybarites?.. Also do squads of 5 or 10 work best in your experience?

You're right when it comes to blasters, duh, but squads of five with no heavy weapons works best for me. As you can tell from my name, I always play Kabal of the Flayed Skull in my lists so I tend to run most of my units in Kabal vehicles. I tend to fit 5-man squads of kabalite warriors with 4 splinter rifles and a blaster for 19" fast, 18" range blasters with lots of poison shots at 18".

If you go for venoms and 5 men squads, you save a lot of points which I spend on Voidravens, RWJF's and ravagers for the firepower you miss from 10 men squads with blaster and dark lance in raider.

This gives a nice variety between speed, anti-infantry and anti-vehicle while also having a couple of points left over to spend on some scourges or other detatchments to capture objectives

Also Sybarites aren't changed for easiness sake Smile

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 17:08

No one taking shredders on kabalites? I'm loving my shredders so far, I have a unit of 10 in a raider with 2 shredders and a splinter cannon and it does an excellent job at taking out infantry. Granted most of my units are a mix of 10 mans with 2 blasters and 5 mans with 1 blaster depending on if they are riding in a venom or raider, but I think shredders are solid now.

Also I'd add that I think purely 5 mans is not as viable anymore if you want to run a lot of warriors. The tax of one archon per 3 kabalite warrior units sucks, but it also means I'm taking a least one 10 man unit in all my lists, probably 2 because I like to get up to around 25-30 warriors at least in all of my lists.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 17:21

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
No one taking shredders on kabalites?

I think what puts me off is that I already have a lot of poison in my lists that basically only works on infantry, so I'm inclined to add anti-vehicle weapons where I can.

Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 21:02

Lord Asvaldir wrote:

Also I'd add that I think purely 5 mans is not as viable anymore if you want to run a lot of warriors. The tax of one archon per 3 kabalite warrior units sucks, but it also means I'm taking a least one 10 man unit in all my lists, probably 2 because I like to get up to around 25-30 warriors at least in all of my lists.

I agree, with this with higher points games. In many higher points you just need the heavy weapons to just  fill up the costs. When I play and mention my lists, I tend to actually play smaller games, (Right now I'm at the 650 pts mark for the Secondary school tournaments this year so I don't have much flex room.

Alternatively you could just put most of your points in a battalion seeing as they now give more CPs. Maybe have a vanguard of prophets grotesques to hold down areas and an outrider of various red grief members to bring extra support. I don't know, I'm just throwing stuff out there

Back to top Go down
Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 21:44

I'm trying to make this decision myself right now. When the codex first came out I was pretty set on 10-man raider squads with 2 blasters and a dark lance but the more I see people dropping the lances the more I can see why. 20 points is a lot to pay for a weapon that will miss half the time.

I'll probably end up going with the same 10-man squads but replacing the dark lances with splinter cannons. My local meta is kind of light on the vehicles anyway and it'll give me some extra points to share out PGLs among my sybarites and put a few more splinter cannons on my RWJFs and venoms. I'm still not fully decided on which kabal to choose for my main battalion but whether I take flayed skull, poisoned tongue or obsidian rose the splinter cannon should work pretty well with any of them.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 22:00

What do you guys think of PGLs on Kabalites (or in general)?

Toffeehammer
Hellion
Toffeehammer

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 22:05

Soulless Samurai wrote:
What do you guys think of PGLs on Kabalites (or in general)?

I like them. I got to use the stratagem for them for the first time the other day and it hit pretty hard. At the very least it's another gun to fire in blaster range for not many points. That said I only ever take them when I have a few points left after all my other wargear.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 22:14

PGL? I'd rather shoot my splinter rifle and try to kill another model. If you could fire grenades with all your other weapons it'd be worth it.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 22:24

yellabelly wrote:
PGL? I'd rather shoot my splinter rifle and try to kill another model. If you could fire grenades with all your other weapons it'd be worth it.

Why can't you fire it as well as your rifle?

yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 22:43

The rulebook says one model may throw a grenade, but that model may not fire any other weapons.

And as I type this I realise I have never actually looked at the weapon type for PGL, and just assumed it is a grenade because, well, it's a grenade.

Edit - yup it's assault. No wonder I've never quite understood taking the phantasm grenade launcher or bothered to use them
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 23:02

Just musing:
Phantasm grenade launchers could be useful in synergy with other moral debuffs.
Like the Dark Creed Obsession, for example.

aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2018, 23:21

I am actually using shredders on Flayed Skull kabalites. They are excellent in 19'' move Venoms for getting any units in cover... :-)
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 10:51

aurynn wrote:
I am actually using shredders on Flayed Skull kabalites. They are excellent in 19'' move Venoms for getting any units in cover... :-)

...yeah, but so are blasters combined with the other 16 splinter shots at 18", and they can take vehicles.

Personally, shredders aren't worth it. They aren't strong enough for anti-vehicle and I tend to go up against tough non-vehicles like Tyrannids, Space Marines and Orks (but mainly Tyrannids in this case) so always wounding on 4s is just too handy for basic fire with anti-vehicles

Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 12:55

I tend to run min squads stock, I leave Shredders to my Trueborn and Blasters to my Scourges.
Back to top Go down
Scumbag
Slave
Scumbag

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 18:44

I just give my sybarites Splinter rifles because I don’t plan on them getting into close combat and then depending on what point game it is I’ll do either 2x5 squads in a couple raiders either with 2 blasters or 2 shredders if it’s 1500 or it’s its 2000 I’ll do a 10 man squad in a raider with 2 blasters or 2 Shredders either I want them to go against infantry or vehicles and a splinter cannon because dark lance will be hitting on 4s if you move the transport and the blasters now do D6 damage do not much need for a dark lance in the unit
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2018, 21:12

10 kabalites with 1 blaster and PGL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you loadout your kabalites?   How do you loadout your kabalites? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you loadout your kabalites?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next