THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What other race(s) do you play?

Go down 
+45
Crisis_Vyper
Daniuslongbeard
PreacherOfDeath
kenny3760
J Mc
stinger989
Incubi Death
Zehra
MaxKool
Anggul
The Strange Dude
Mortis_Infernale
wobbler70
Xelkireth
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Keravin
Lysis
SirTainly
Liberame
Archon
horrid
depayen
Torpedo Vegas
vharing
killfrenzy
Arhra
Baron Tordeck
Venkh
Darklight
Haunter!
Khrivaan
Flayed_Skull_Archon
a1elbow
Despiciens
Gobsmakked
Archon Farath Mure
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
darkmark
shadow hunter
Saintspirit
Radium
sofacoin
Rangrok1k
Todo13
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 04:22

I have always and only played the Dark Eldar! I started playing Warhammer 40k just after the release of the third edition and the introduction of the best and most intresting army ever released!
Back to top Go down
Liberame
Hellion
Liberame

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 15:29

I was interested in Dark Eldar back when they first came out in 3rd edition but I found the models to be absolutely horrendous. Instead I drifted towards Black Templars, and later Tyranids. Now that DE got a facelift, I am hitting them full force.

Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 18:37

Been playing GW games since 1989/90 current armies are:

Dark Eldar
Chaos Marines
Imperial Guard (WIP)
Black Templars (WIP)
Tau (WIP)

plus some other armies on the back burner, traitor guard, Heresy era Imperial Fists, Blood Axe Orks, Sisters and Inquistion.

Only army I don't have any figures for is 'Nids!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Lysis
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 20:21

I started out as space marines (vanilla), but I just couldn't seem to enjoy them... don't know why.

So when those got shelved, I picked up my bugs and fell in love with everything about them. Sure I would dabble with my wife's sisters of battle, or my buddy's neurons, but until recently I hadn't been able to find anything as sinister as my chittering little gribblies.

So now with the new sculpts, and a burst of free time / income, my cabal has finally began!

(will have to see if they can edge out the bugs for top spot)
Back to top Go down
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 21:21

Less play and more own and have painted. I don't expect to play this year.

So
2 Companies of Blood Ravens marines plus Scout Company and half a 1st company
2 Companies of Gatekeeper marines plus Deathwing and half a Ravenwing
Mechanised Steel Legion - Sabian 16th - 4000 points
Drop Troops/Infantry with air support - Novogordian - 4000 points
Tau - Kel'Siral Sept - 3000 points
Altansar Eldar - 5500 points
13th Company Space Wolves - 5500 points.

These are all approximates.

I have no idea how large my High Elves or Wood Elves are.

Mainly I play Warmachine and Freebooter's Fate now.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 23:56

When I got into this hobby, I swore to myself that I was going to stick to Orks alone. Then I found BFG, but those were still Orks, so it was all good. Then I decided to use some left-over bitz and convert a few Fantasy Orcs. I was drifitng, but still greenskins. Somehow, I ended up with Dark Eldar bitz from ebay, and it just keep going from there.

Obviously, I haven't been great about keeping that oath, but greenskins remain my main army, and the only one I consider completely assembled(painted is another story, 4500 pts. is a LOT of Ork to get decent looking).

I seem to have a fondness for the most stereotypically evil Xenos, now that I think about it.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 17:38

I only play Dark Eldar. I sold off all my other 40k stuff to help fund the Dark Eldar.

And I don't square-base. Ew.
Back to top Go down
wobbler70
Slave
wobbler70

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 05:52

Orks, Forgeworld Death Guard Army, Dark Angels(full battle company), and fantasy Orcs
Back to top Go down
Mortis_Infernale
Slave
Mortis_Infernale

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 09:38

Played Necrons for almost a year but sold them to get money for my brand new Kabal Smile
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 13:59

I started with orks - but tactically it was all run forward smash face and after getting to around 2500pts it was time for a change.

Space Marines were next (DIY chapter - the purifiers) a mainly mechanised force that got to around 3000pts before I realised they were too forgiving of mistakes and a bit boring to boot.

Chaos Daemons were a challenge in metal models (which I hate with a passion) but after getting to around 2000pts I lost interest as they were too dependant on dice luck (mine is terribad) so I decided on something else.

Imperial Guard - well to be exact traitor guard - The Slaves of Decay were my first proper love and the only other army I still own and come in at around 4000pts (including 2 super heavy tanks and an as yet unpainted chaos Warhound). All the troopers are FW Vraksian Renegades and the army is fully mechanised (infact I don't think there is a unit in the codex I can't field), but as I grew to understand the army people became less happy to play me so I decided a change would do me good.

Which leads us to DE of which I have around 2000pts and so far I'm loving them.

Oh and as a side note everyone of these armies was fully painted (I have a thing where I won't play it unless it's painted).

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 08:23

Tyranids, Eldar (Biel-Tan), Dark Eldar, Exodite Eldar, Tau

Warriors of Chaos (Tzeentchian)

Easterlings. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaxKool
Slave

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 05:43

I have say

10k in black Templars
5k crimson fists
7k necrons
8k skaven
100 or so PTs of Cryx
2k in aquans (firestorm armada)

And all sorts of bits n models From forgeworld

Been playing along time Dark Eldar are my most recent addition.
It was a case of realy wanting to but the old models were so god aweful...hehe
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 01:14

Other than Dark Eldar, I'm also interested in regular Eldar and Tau.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 21:30

I collected roughly 2500 pts of Marines before I really started to relize how boring they were so that was when the new DE were coming out, so I tried them and so far I'm liking them alot!
Back to top Go down
stinger989
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 18:50

in the last 11 years of playing 40k i have owned about 2.5k of every army book they have. granted i would play an army for a few years and then sell it to pay for the next one. by doing that it has helped me learn how every army plays and i have a good feel for what my opponent will do. its great for when i go to big tournments like adepticon and BOLS con.

it also helps my painting and converting skills.
Back to top Go down
J Mc
Slave
J Mc

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 15:29

I used to play Blood Angels (10 years ago) so after being given a load of 40k stuff last year (including some BA) I decided to collect some more. Got bored of all the Marine players at our local club and Orks looked like fun in the current ruleset so got around 4K pts of those. Fun to play but very one dimensional, so I wanted more of a challende.

Just as I was looking for such a challenge, the DE got revised. I waited to see the Venom model (I don't like the Raider at all) to see if i'd go for them. Venom is cool, army purchase made.

The Codex is great and i'm really enjoying getting into the Army! I also play Warhammer Quest, Blood Bowl, Necromunda and Epic (NetEpic rules)
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 17:00

I started with Dark Eldar at the tail end of 3rd and they were my main army through 4th edition. Tailed off through 5th until the new codex. Been revamping and rebuilding since then.

I also have a 1500 point pure Ravenwing army, heading towards 3K of Chaos Marines, 2K of Chaos Daemons and about 2.5K of vanilla marines. Probably use my Chaos Marines more than the rest.

I have about 2K of Tomb Kings if anybody wants to but them off me.
Back to top Go down
PreacherOfDeath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17 2011, 15:23

I have a bad habit that I've recently kicked of shelving my DE and selling my least favorite models and trying a new army for fun. I can play anything. I can win against a skilled opponent with Dark Eldar and Tau. Craftworlders and I are a love-hate affair, usually hate, but my Eldar-Fu is still a brown belt to my Marine orange belt. (going off kenpo belt levels, because Kenpo karate ranking is so cute.) I don't hate them because I'm bad, but because that book limits the cool stuff I can pull in the worst possible ways - I feel like Codex: Eldar 4E is actively trolling me.
Back to top Go down
Daniuslongbeard
Slave
Daniuslongbeard

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 16:19

Righto, so, Lots of guard, my main army. Which, love em or hate em, are still my first love. For the last year i've played Wolves as well which to be honest, got a little boring after awhile. In the gaming club i run we've been keeping a tally of everyones games for the last 18 months and so far have played 113 games in that time. Not to bad i say.
I dabbled in Daemonhunters for a bit berfore the new dex came out but couldnt be bothered sticking to em. Not a big fan of space marine type armies but if i ever go there again (sold all my marine stuff) i'd go sisters just to be different and lets face it, i love women.
Danius
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000155036664
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18 2011, 17:22

My other armies are Tau (4.5k), Death Guard Chaos Space Marines (4.5k), Sisters of Battle (2k), Daemons (3k), and Orks (2.5k).

Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 00:56

My other army is an Eldar one around 2500 points. I really enjoyed playing them but my opponents were getting fed up with them (I had a really versatile force and won most games fairly easily) and I was getting bored of the space hippies. So one day, me and my mate decided to secretly start 2 more armies- my Dark Eldar and his Chaos Daemons and spring them on the other 2 the next time we played... This was a brilliant moment as they truly did not expect anything like what hit them! Also pulling 1500 points worth of a newly painted secret army out of a bag was very satisfying, especially as we wiped both opponents off the board with relatively few casualties!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 17:11

I'm soon getting started with Codex: Space Marines. Mainly because I'd like to be able to hold objectives for a change.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02 2011, 11:40

Quote :
I'm soon getting started with Codex: Space Marines. Mainly because I'd like to be able to hold objectives for a change.

Start Coven and not pollute your collection with lesser inferioir species. ))

I have about 2k Craftworld Eldar.

When 6th edition will come i maybe will try Slaanesh Daemons.

Adaragron
Slave
Adaragron

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 14:08

My other armies are chaos space marine ( 3k ) and daemons ( 2.5k ) because, besides the dark eldar I have always liked chaos in its every form.

PostSubject: Re: What other race(s) do you play?   What other race(s) do you play? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other race(s) do you play?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2