THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfeslad
Slave

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Empty
PostSubject: My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose   My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2011, 21:39

Well hello denizens of the dark, this will be a journey of my take on the kabal of the obsidian rose.

When I first started reading about the dark eldar (in the new codex admittedly), I was drawn to the idea that as they inflict pain and suffering they get stronger! I wondered for a long while how I could show this in my models until one day I realised it was staring me in the face, the edge detail! So in my world of fluff as they get stronger so their edge detail glows stronger.

Forgive me if this sounds a bit Tron-ish but I don't think I'm going to get away from that. Enjoy

First up, haemy

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_ff03fe50 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_618a05a0 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_6e3f7d0c

Next up, lady warrior

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_c3ca99f7 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_fe3ba460 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_be70d45c

Solorite

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_1a334e76 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_750c9b37 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_0873a601

Scourge number 1

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_a4ea1bea My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_5bf441ba

Scourge number 2

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_9708e943 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_7740624e

Scourge number 3

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_47f8fc48 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_67203a60

Scourge number 4

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_e7c779eb My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_ef5854c5 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_994b4da0

First raider wip

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_02fc1510 My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose Th_90e3ba64

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose   My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 03:22

What an interesting take you have on them.

I think the more extreme highlights really work the way you have them done. Tronish or not that look quite good.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose   My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 11:14

Very nice, the highlights look great! KoOR is my favorite of the canon kabals, so consider me enthusiastic!
Back to top Go down
Wolfeslad
Slave

PostSubject: Re: My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose   My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 19:28

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I have kind of made a rod for my own back though because it takes an age to finish a squad but I do like the look it gives.

For those interested it takes between 3 to 5 colours depending on whether I want to make them seem more or less powerful/fed/powered up (whatever you want to call it).

The colours are, scab red, blood red, blazing orange, golden yellow & sunburst yellow. You can see the parts of the raider that don't have all 5 colours. I can vary how much each model glows by leaving out 1 or 2 of the colours.

Glad you like them, more to come between 2 kids a wife and a demanding job lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose   My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My take on the kabal of the obsidian rose
Page 1 of 1