THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Hex Obsession

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 17:37

So, I was thinking of what a good fluffy obsession for The Hex would be, and this is what I came up with:

All weapons used during the shooting phase have +1 to wound rolls and an additional -1AP. This bonus does not apply to darklight weapons, disintegrator cannons, or relics.

This is, of course, based on The Hex's penchant for weapons research. It would result in extra nasty ossefactors, liquifier guns, splinter cannons (on venoms and talos), and, of course, hex rifles. The entire ranged suite for talos/cronos would get an upgrade. Hell, even phantasm grenade launchers would wound on 5's instead of 6's. It would also be a reasonable decision to kit out an entire unit of grots with liquifier guns.

I haven't thought of a proper warlord trait and stratagem to go with this, however.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 13:05

Personally, your Obsession idea is brilliant and would fit great in this game. I came up with a relic and Warlord trait to go with it

Warlord trait possibilities: Can take another legal weapon for no added points, Master nemesine but shooting not melee; making poison weapons from this dude wound on 2+, or Weapons from this warlord rolls two dice for every shot in the shooting phase (Master weaponsmith)

Unique Relic: Has to be a Hexrifle relic (like what in the world would make it otherwise)
Stats: 48", Heavy 1, S4, AP -1, D1 Abilities: Sniper, Wound rolls of 6+ Rend from -1 to -2, cannot be saved with invulnerables and causes additional mortal wounds. (The Plague's Fragment) or something like that

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2018, 23:50

Ah yes, a relic hex rifle makes *perfect* sense.
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 13:06

krayd wrote:
*perfect*

Well, I thought it would be just a hexrifle that does more consistent wounds on 6s (headshots basically) and just extra range because why else would you take the relic?

Maybe instead of that, an 'Orb of Despair' as said in the lore. Probably, once per game, at the start of a morale phase, all models within 6" of the Haemonculus have their leadership halved. An alternative could be give the Haemonculus a similar aura to that the Shadow Spectre Phoenix lord gets where, for morale, any opponents within 6" of the bearer of the orb of despair rolls two dice for morale and discards the lowest

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2018, 16:09

Fl4iedSkul wrote:
krayd wrote:
*perfect*

Well, I thought it would be just a hexrifle that does more consistent wounds on 6s (headshots basically) and just extra range because why else would you take the relic?

Maybe instead of that, an 'Orb of Despair' as said in the lore. Probably, once per game, at the start of a morale phase, all models within 6" of the Haemonculus have their leadership halved. An alternative could be give the Haemonculus a similar aura to that the Shadow Spectre Phoenix lord gets where, for morale, any opponents within 6" of the bearer of the orb of despair rolls two dice for morale and discards the lowest

Heh. Just to be clear, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think the relic hex rifle is a great idea.

On the other hand, orbs of despair are missing from our codex, and this would be a way to put them back in. Though I'm not sure what the best way to implement it would be.

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 12:08

I have another idea on The Hex's Obsession. What if simply all Special Weapons got +1 to wound?
This would include Weapons of Torture/Tools of Torment and Vehicle Equipment. This would also benefit Flesh Gauntlets or the Electrocorrosive Whip.

Imo, this would be a more well-rounded obsession.

I also concur, that a relic Hex Rifle is a must but I'd change it so it can be taken as a reliable source of Mortal Wounds.
Ancient Hex Rifle: Heavy 1, 36", Str *.
Deals a Mortal Wound on a a 2+, D3 Mortal Wounds on a 4+ and D6 Mortal Wounds on a 6+.

I think the Orbs of Despair would be more fitting for the Black Descent.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2018, 18:33

The Strange Dark One wrote:

I also concur, that a relic Hex Rifle is a must but I'd change it so it can be taken as a reliable source of Mortal Wounds.
Ancient Hex Rifle: Heavy 1, 36", Str *.
Deals a Mortal Wound on a a 2+, D3 Mortal Wounds on a 4+ and D6 Mortal Wounds on a 6+.

That definitely seem fluff-appropriate, but *very* powerful. Might want to add the limitation that it cannot be fired at all if the wielder moved during that turn (like the admech arquebus), and/or that it only wounds vehicles/titans on 6 (causing 1 mortal wound).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hex Obsession Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Obsession   The Hex Obsession I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hex Obsession
Page 1 of 1