THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow

Go down 
+21
amishprn86
Kalmah
steamius
Squidmaster
PartridgeKing
The Strange Dark One
Sarcron
SirTainly
Serpent Fly
Calindor
Scrz
Lord Asvaldir
Lord_Alino
AzraeI
Silverglade
CptMetal
Calyptra
Lyijysiipi
RedRegicide
wormfromhell
Siticus the Ancient
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 15:41

Hi all,

It´s been a while since i post in a warhammer 40k forum. in fact, the last time i played was back in 3º edition, before the "trueborns" even exist in the fluff,  and when we only had a 48 page codex and a pair of withe dwarf pages with some extra words about our faction... and when, of course, we were "dark eldar" (well, true eldars i must say) instead of emmmm "drukhari" affraid  (i think i must assume this).

In any case, i´m back, with new energy, with lot of ancient miniatures and a lot of second hand miniatures of the "new" (all is new for me jeje) range.

Anyway, let´s start with the miniatures. I will show you some of the old stuff (more to come when i take out more miniatures from their boxes and take some pics) and the new ones i´m working with at this moment.

Be kind, i´m old and i don´t paint or sculpt for more than 10 years and, of course i can raid you if i´m not pleased  Twisted Evil  lol!

First pics (remember, i´m great taking bad pics afro  afro ): My old HQ and mi new hemonculus (the first mini in a while).

Of course i will need a new archon but i think i will make it at the end of the journey (or when i get inspiration of some kind)

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow WMFk5Q4

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow Mn8ju12

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow QLdhjGn

Haemonculous wip:

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow G72b249

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow K4t1iGs

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow RRHe8zF

3º edition kabalites and a better pic with WIP new raider (the new raider will go with new kabalites, but i think i still like the old school models):

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow ExPkCV3

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow 4jov6Ew

GS Work in one of the old kabalites:

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow PzAeIF1

Mooooooooooooore to come....

P.D If there is any  members of the spanish forum "espacio disforme" (long ago dessapeared) i can say you two things:

- You are old
- Glad to see you again
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 18:12

Welcome to the Dark City! At first I thought that those are some nifty third party models as I did not immediately recognize them, but imagine my surprise as I scroll down and see you've sculpted them from scratch! Very impressive work, you've really breathed some life into those old sculpts.

I am very curious to see what you'll do with the new 5e sculpts. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this log!
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2018, 22:32

DAMN! I saw the heamonculus on the marine and i was like "oh wow thats cool modelling", but then I see that you SCULPTED that! I just assumed you had used models. You are extremely talented, excited for more.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 12:28

YOu work is amazing. That Haemonculus is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 20:00

How the heck!? Those are awesome. Love the hammy
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 18:52

New update,

It´s not a big one and i would like to share better pics of the old kabalites and some of the new ones, but ´ve been quite busy , sooooo....

A razorwing. It´s the first 2nd hand model i buyed and the second model i painted (right after the haemonculus). The seller gave me the model assembled and i didn´t made any conversion on it.

Anyway, i´m quite happy with the result, as i don´t own any airbrush so all you will see in this log will be brush painted.

Hope you like it geek

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow XDBgZgN

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow HqGTE09
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 00:25

Exquisite sigil work on the wing. Really catches the eye even from afar.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2018, 13:54

New update with new models.

Now it´s the time for the new kabalite warriors and their transport. Building this unit up has taken a while because they are second han models and i had to unglued, repair and glued the miniatures again before paint it.

I also had some problems while i paint them. They must be black and red (as the old kabalites and cult  were... i didn´t want to paint all the old models again) but the result wasn´t as i spected.

At the end i gave them a nice a left red arm armor (like the crimson fist marines but better, always better than the monkeights) and i think it looks cool enought.

Anyway, the pics. (the raider is still wip, i will paint a pair of splinter rifles to put on it and mayble another kabalite climbing in it).

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow HgWZN7m

More to come

Last edited by Juza_esp on Tue May 22 2018, 16:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2018, 16:31

Great work. You have good reason to feel proud, unlike most of the Archons. Smile
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2018, 18:33

Time for another update. This time I will share a pic of the new kabalite warriors(one of them at least so you can see the colour scheme in detail) and pic of the old reaver jetbikes.

When I paint the reavers I choose to build two squads of three, one squad with the metal witches and one with the plastic ones. Now, I remove two of the first (they were too big and in my opinion makes the bikes somehow wrong) and make them one unit of five + leader.
I also decide to put all the weapons under the jetbikes instead of putting it near the head of the pilot.

Kabalite

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow Xa9BW6U

Old reavers (now one unit)

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow GHIjiIK

Hope you like them
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2018, 20:11

The kabalites are very slick and sinister, and the oldschool jetbikes look lovely too. There's definitely a different kind of charm to the old, bulky bikes that look more like hooks at the end of a flail than the sleek, fluid dagger-like modern jetbikes. These definitely need to be augmented with the +1 Toughness combat drug in every game, as they absolutely look the part!

Terrific bases as well!
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSat May 26 2018, 11:22

Oooo, lovely Reavers. Beautiful blending on that orange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2018, 16:31

Incubi time. Back in the old days, an archon and a unit of his incubi bodyguards were more than most of mi opponents can handle in close combat. They weren´t cheap, as you can imagine, so four models + one model with blaster were more than enougth.

Then i thougth that i didn´t want a blaster in that unit and that i didn´t want to have a five miniatures unit with clones in it so i cut some arms here and there and at the end i could field a 5 miniatures unit but all of them different.

Example of one incubi conversion. this one needed more than an arm changing so i esculpted the arm and the weapon.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow SDHAnFM

Unit of incubi (not sure if i will buy more of them in the future, maybe if i find the models i don´t own yet as i don´t want to repeat models in this unit, but i have got plenty of models to paint, convert or sculpt before that happens).

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow Y4yy1be
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2018, 13:17

It seems that the old school incubi are not very popular now... Well, i will try with cult this time.

I think i´m not a bad painter, not a top one however , but i also think that the green stuff it´s what i do best. I also think that every army should have something special, a unique colo scheme, conversions... and that´s why i sculpt my own Lelith. I actually think that the GW miniature is a good miniature but...the Lelith art in the 5 edition codex is way more cool.

Still WIP

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow CCNS9WH

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow UJnmNE2

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow 3kPvQGx

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow Q2yeyem

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2018, 13:38

The Incubi are very cool, but I have to agree with you - where you really shine is your greenstuff work. Fantastic rendition of Lelith, really looking forward to seeing her painted!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2018, 15:04

Amazing looking! So good with sculpting, i am not lol
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03 2018, 17:39

Holy crap! This is gorgeous work!

You make me want to get back to work on my classic models.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2018, 16:51

lelith update.

Not to much to talk about, i finished the ponytail and a few things in the hair.

Now i will think about a good base for her and sculpt a few more details here and there but that must wait until i paint some more kabal (raider, kabalite warriors and maybe venoms).

I also want to sculpt a new archon but i´m empty of inspiration so that must wait too.

Anyway, pics of lelith.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow JLFwiPb

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow QzupT2x
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2018, 11:28

Hi,

New update after some holydays. This time i will show you my classic witches with their raider.

Not too many things to talk about... new crew for the raider and a marine in the base (i will remove or rapaint the grass on it) and the classic lelith as the champion of the unit (at the end my army will have 3 versions of lelth and i don´t even use her cult jeje).

Anyway, pics of the miniatures in 3,2,1...

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow DPZFuGo

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow OYgpaV6

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow VIaNnKl
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2018, 16:36

Lelith update and now finished.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow NK0XBnB

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow RoP2vzj

Looking for inspiration to build a cool archon...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19 2018, 20:25

Funk me those miniatures are awesome!

And you built them FROM SCRATCH!!

You are like a real life Haemonculus and could take orders to work your Alchemist wonders.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27 2018, 14:43

That Lelith is inspiring. Not sure how else to word it. +1
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2018, 10:22

cabal update.

First of all, the fist of the venoms. Only four more to go...

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow MrwPtWO

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow FhqrtmT

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow NqFJpVB

And then a group shot of the current state of my kabal, the new and the classic kabalites. there is a classic ravager too but no pics of it, sorry.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow MrdWaQ3

the classic ones.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow HyxThuP

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow 5awPCUf

The new ones.

And thats all for now, some vehicles, a few gloing effects here and there... hope you like them, as always comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2018, 15:39

Update time.

Two more venomes to the army and a new character..

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow LgShoa0h

It´s been a while since i want to make a new drazhar for my army. The original miniature was unpainted for years and i wanted to do something with it but,  despite the sculpt is not bad (good even if we consider the age of the mini) i always feel something was wrong with it. why is Drazhar running while all my incubi are posing and waiting calm for the enemy.

So at the end i start cutting and mixing some of greenstuff and here is the result.

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow O0LMR6Ph

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow BS2Ydvsh
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2018, 07:02

Very fine work. I really enjoy that Drazhar's helmet is done in cool whites, as opposed to the warm bone of the other Incubi. This simple detail makes him stand out more and underlines his seniority.

I really enjoy the large sigils on the Venoms and vehicles. Are they freehand or stencils?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow   Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Crimsom Shadow
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next