THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes   1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 08:34

Having never really played against Custodes, I was wondering if any of you Archons had any advice for facing them. I'm not entirely sure what my opponent is going to bring and I think it's better that way. I want to use my Coven units because I love the models and I want to test their feasibility when used in mass and larger point levels.

Here's the list:

Prophets of Flesh Battalion Detachment +5CP - 997 pts

HQ

Urien Rakarth ... 90 pts
Warlord, Diabolical Soothsayer

Haemonculus ... 81 pts
Electrocorosive Whip, Stinger Pistol

Elites

5 Grotesques ... 175 pts

Troops

10 Wracks ... 110 pts
Electrocorosive Whip, 2 Ossefactors

10 Wracks ... 110 pts

10 Wracks ... 110 pts

Heavy Support

Talos Pain Engine ... 107 pts
2 Macro-Scalpels, 2 Heat-lances

Game plan is to keep most of the units within the 6" T bubble of the HQs and shoot down as many Custodes as I can before they get into combat. I like the whips, they're pretty useful against most units with the -2AP and D2. Trying the heatlances on the Taloi, probably not the best option but I think they'll be mediocre. Stinger Pistol on the Haemonculus because I had points for it.

Any changes you'd make to the list?

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes   1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 08:57

If your being competitive, I'd cut the wrack units to 5man, take more Grots, the vexator mask on the haemonculus and swap the heat lances for haywire. If your playing objectives maybe a venom or two to drop off wracks on objectives (points depending obv)

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
ShamPow1999
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes   1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2018, 18:53

You’re defintely right, but I against Custodes who have nasty close combat weapons and hit hard, I thought using more Wracks would be better. If he targets them I can bring them back with the Prophet of Flesh Strategem which he might have to do if I Bubble Wrap the other units with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes   1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Coven List vs Custodes
Page 1 of 1