THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting Scourges

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Painting Scourges Empty
PostSubject: Painting Scourges   Painting Scourges I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2018, 19:35

So looking to get started on painting my band of scourges, and I really want to make them stand out in my army as a separate mercenary company within my kabal. To that end I want their paint scheme to be different from my kabal, but not too different to make them look wildly different. I'm thinking red armor, though I'm not sure if I want dark red or bright red, and black/purple/blueish wings but very unsure what colors to use.

For context my kabalites are black armor with bone helmets and grey highlights. Would love to see some examples of some very nicely painted scourges as well for some inspiration.

Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

Painting Scourges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Scourges   Painting Scourges I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 00:29

what about a midnight blue? i see a lot of reds and rich dark blue would really stand out, but still be dark enough to blend with the dark color scheme of the kabalites. you could possibly go white/light blue with a dark blue wash to really make the wings pop (feathers or the bat, but for that id lean toward feathers. sorta like this ish https://orig00.deviantart.net/0577/f/2012/199/c/a/dark_eldar_scourge_1_by_drazhar18-d57r8qt.jpg

maybe a bit darker.

on the total flip you could base it around a bright yellow/black scheme. sort like this but a brighter yellow and black wings.
https://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/21/237672_md-Blue%2C%20Dark%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20Eldar%2C%20Fast%20Attack%2C%20Jump%20Infantry%2C%20Scourges%2C%20Winged.jpg
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Painting Scourges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Scourges   Painting Scourges I_icon_minitimeSat May 12 2018, 22:23

Yeah I'd probably go for the darker blue scheme as I want my scourges to stand out and be different, but not be a bright color that wouldn't fit with the rest of my units.

Painting Scourges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Scourges   Painting Scourges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Scourges
Page 1 of 1