THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges Empty
PostSubject: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2018, 08:09

so my local store finally got around to actually getting the scourges i bought in may in.

i had been thinking about how to paint them and was just going to match them with the rest of my army, however after reading a little bit about them i realized they really are more of a mercenary offshoot with the whole roosts thing. so now that the possibility of actually getting to paint them has arrived i figured now would be a good time to ask for some tips/help.

my current color scheme is black heart, it was pretty simple and i like the way it all blended im using red grief for my cult but pretty much maintaining the same scheme for them with a bit more red highlighting.

so most of my army fits the black/green/silver/red scheme. being that the scourges are mercs it felt like i should do something quite different to set them apart.

ive seen a few combos like yellow armour/black wings that i liked but i was wondering what other examples are floating around out there ( havent had a lot of google luck)

im also doing a lot of "gore'ing" up of the army as i felt that was fitting for drukhari ("blood for the blood god" goes on almost everything sharp... which is a lot)

im thinking something like the yellow would really make the blood spray on them pop
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2018, 09:22

Moved to Painting & Modelling forum - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2018, 21:31

er well thanks for putting this in the least trafficked spot on the site....pointless posting anything in here.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2018, 22:26

Well it does BELONG in the painting forum.  LOL.

I painted mine up as Blackheart to go with the rest of my army as was your original intent.   Quite pleased with them.

But if I was to go for something a bit different, I would go with something similar to the Daughters of Khain Khinerai

looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges 01
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2018, 02:04

that looks amazing, but im no where near that good a painter! yet.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2018, 06:59

I think it would be a good idea to point you to the Scourges and Reavers section of the Aphotic Gallery, in case you didn't know already.

I have to admit my entry's Scourges' bat-ish wings look rather crappy.

I made the "hand"-part the same colour as the hair and the membranes the same as the skin, which i later found out, via google picture search: Bats, is mostly incorrect, zoologically.
I think the correct answer would have been to make the whole wing in varying hues of the skin colour.

Tried to drybrush, which failed hard, because there is no structure on the membranes and i probably started off too bright already:
looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges 54R78Cj
Shading is difficult too, at least the way i did it (shading last) ended up pretty blotchy:
looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges Ey5Ln6V
Maybe also a result of the lack of structure, or i just messed up(shade not thinned correctly?), or both xD
Probably will have to repaint those wings, some day...
Especially this one:
looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges SycXVu2
What a terrible freehand, i tried to paint a Marker from Dead Space.
Didn't work out AT ALL.
Quite happy with everything else, and the feathered wings too, though:
looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges PgQPDbw
Good for drybrushing and shading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges   looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

looking for some suggestions/direction for painting up some scourges
Page 1 of 1