THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins New Community info

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Harlequins New Community info Empty
PostSubject: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2018, 22:25

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/13/coming-soon-they-came-from-the-webway/

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 00:56

Its an interesting start. I doubt we will get as much info on these guys as we did our own codex, simply because there is not as much in it...

Quote :
In the codex, you’ll find some of our most unusual faction rules ever with the Masque Forms, from the sinister morale-manipulating powers of the Silent Shroud to the warriors of the Dreaming Shadow – who turn death itself to their advantage

I am looking forward to seeing what unusual faction rules these may be. And I am particularly looking forward to seeing what LD shennaniganary they can pull. Maybe combining with DE and CWE we can truly get some horrifying (see what I did there) Leadership manipulations...

Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 01:31

To be honest, I'm not seeing much utility in the faction trait shown. Harlequins are generally MSU from what I've seen, so morale mitigation isn't that great on them, and in addition, a 50% chance that a single model can make a single extra attack before disappearing when they fail a morale test isn't all that good, honestly.

Additionally, this isn't really all that "unusual" it's just a mix of a standard morale trait and the effect from Failure is not an Option.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 01:45

TheBaconPope wrote:
To be honest, I'm not seeing much utility in the faction trait shown. Harlequins are generally MSU from what I've seen, so morale mitigation isn't that great on them, and in addition, a 50% chance that a single model can make a single extra attack before disappearing when they fail a morale test isn't all that good, honestly.

Additionally, this isn't really all that "unusual" it's just a mix of a standard morale trait and the effect from Failure is not an Option.

The big perk seems to be that a model also has a chance to make an extra attack when it dies. Getting a free Fusion Pistol shot could be pretty nasty.
Back to top Go down
dygurren
Hellion
dygurren

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 03:41

TheBaconPope wrote:

It isn't just one model. It says "each time a model with this form is slain or flees" so if they wipe out five troupes, you are rolling five free dice. That is on top of a 4++ so even when these guys drop they still have the potential to do some work with a Fusion especially

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 04:11

Yes, its whenever they die. Might be useful we also havent seen the stratagem that goes with this either, or the other traits to really know if its worth taking. But as of right now, its better than nothing.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins New Community info   Harlequins New Community info I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins New Community info
Page 1 of 1