THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Flayed Kin

Go down 
+4
GAR
Evil Space Elves
Saintspirit
FeralTrigger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

Kabal of the Flayed Kin Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 13:54

Hello people, I decided to start up this project log for my dark eldar mainly as it is a means of tracking my progress etc. for the project log I will also write down little snippets of background for my Kabal (and also the cult and coven that are aligned to it) as I progress. It is something I like to do to get immeresed into the hobby.

Painting style-wise, I rely quite heavily on drybrushing as it is the method I am most comfortable and happy with. In any case here is two pictures for everyone showing the scheme for my army, it is mind you VERY work in progress but the kabalite warriors are nearly done. And just for a quick note, the bases will be urban with abit of snow dotted around.

Kabalite Warriors:
Kabal of the Flayed Kin DSCF1436

Army Shot:
Kabal of the Flayed Kin DSCF1434
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 14:03

I think it looks good - naturally it will look much better in general when the bases are finished, and when you are done, but I think it is a good start.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2011, 14:10

I always approve of Dark Eldar in purple! Great start, and welcome to the site. I think that you will find that having a project log will really help to keep you motivated. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27 2011, 11:12

Thanks guys, I have not really done much after the initial photos (these were taken about 2 weeks ago) mainly due to my room being moved around and just being busy in general. Come December though I will have the chance to settle back down and get back to the painting for the dark eldar, I am also currently working on a dark elf army for fantasy and plan to paint them the same way I am painting my dark eldar (for the sake of speed and efficiency but also because I liked the purple colour I used). I will probably post a log of that in the distractions sub-forum.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29 2011, 15:41

I agree Saintspirit, once they are all done up they will look much better, but you are definitely off to a great start.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 20:24

Some progress on the Kabalite warrior squad, I hope to have it all done tommorow:

Kabal of the Flayed Kin DSCF1444

and also a shot of my workspace seeing as its all tidy now after my bedroom was moved about.

Kabal of the Flayed Kin DSCF1442
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03 2011, 20:46

It looks so organized Very Happy If only I could get me, my wife, and my dog to move out of our house...I'd have so much room to paint!
Back to top Go down
Angrypeasant
Hellion
Angrypeasant

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 03:33

+1 to what ESE said...

I would love to have my stuff ready to be painted up at a moments notice... Darn babies! I love them but they definately get thier chubby fingers into all types of stuff.
Back to top Go down
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 17:00

First half of the warrior squad is complete, will finish the second half next weekend.

Kabal of the Flayed Kin DSCF1468
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04 2011, 17:11

Nice looking models! I really like your colour scheme and the snow bases- something one doesn't see very often.

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05 2011, 09:18

Those Kabalites look really good, and I greatly approve of the vambrace blade on the Sybarite.

I also greatly envy your massive bitz box. My bitz and sprues are pretty much all over the place, so my room constantly looks like an aftermath of an explosion (of creativity).
Back to top Go down
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 00:47

Hi guys, I am currently building some new things for my Kabal, I decided that a good idea for me would be to build new models during the weekdays and paint during the weekends, if I constantly paint I will no doubt be burned out. So far it has helped.

Any way reinforcements, in the form of:

10 Scourges (2 units of five)
3 more reaver jetbikes to reinforce my current unit
5 Incubi
Venom Transport
Razorwing Jetfighter

These will be painted In janurary during a campaign I am taking part in during that month (which will also be a major bit of fluff for my kabal's background).
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 13:39

Whats your bronze recipe?

Back to top Go down
FeralTrigger
Slave
FeralTrigger

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08 2011, 19:57

Scorched brown basecoat
Dwarf Bronze straight over it
Devlan mud wash
and drybrush of mithril silver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Kin   Kabal of the Flayed Kin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Flayed Kin
Page 1 of 1