THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Flayed Skull

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TyG17
Slave

Kabal of the Flayed Skull Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06 2013, 23:22

So I want something to hold myself accountable to getting my models painted. What better way than to put them out for the masses to judge and keep me honest about completing projects.

Please feel free to offer your opinion about what can be done to improve the army.

So here is the start to the Kabal of the Flayed Skull

Kabal of the Flayed Skull 600885_824191663144_949308738_n
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2013, 08:46

How to improve your army? Paint more models Razz
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2013, 12:38

Your Archon came out pretty nice. The flame on webway portal, the blade, and his horns look particularly good. As for advice, painting more models consistently always helps. But as far as technique and specifics I think your archon could definitely use a black wash and some highlight to make his armor pop. But other than that off to a good start. Smile
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07 2013, 13:22

My thoughts are as follows

Reduce the number of colors. I typically use 3 main colors on my models at most. I am not saying you can't use more, but sometimes too many colors can be distracting.

On this one I see 6 colors that are vying for the eyes attention. What is helpful if you need more colord are to use more neutral colors so as not to compete. In this model, the red is the predominant color, but the blue on the gem AND the tassel AND the cloak along with the gold helmet and the silver chain AND the bone color all make it look very busy.

Also, there does not seem to be much in the way of shading or highlight from the picture. some simple lines in the creases of the armor would go a long way to add definition to the model.

Another thing is metallics need to be shaded. The gold and the silver look kind of flat. A quick wash usually does the trick pretty easily.

its not all negative comments, the one thing I do notice is all the painting is very neat and clean, not sloppy. I think really a little more knowledge of using colors and your ability to convey what you visualize in your mind what you want in your models will become more apparent.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Flayed Skull
Page 1 of 1