THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Auxiliary Support Detachments

Go down 
+2
lcfr
Lord Asvaldir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Auxiliary Support Detachments Empty
PostSubject: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2018, 00:38

Has anyone been making use of these in DE lists? I recently realized that they may be fair useful for us. If you're taking say a kabalite battalion and a coven spearhead and you want a unit of reavers, it's a nice way to add in a unit without needing to worry about troop/hq taxes. Unsure though if the auxiliary detachment gets an obsession though, be nice if it does. Either way seems like it could be useful in some cases.

Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2018, 13:59

The Auxiliary Detachment would get an Obsession.

I think there are definitely cases where it's worth paying 1CP to include a unit you couldn't otherwise include, a Farseer springs to mine as worth it if you don't want to spend the points on more Craftworld options.

I think the only thing that makes this choice a little frustrating is the current limitation to 3 detachments.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2018, 16:02

I've used it with my Harlequins to bring in the Eldrad model that came with the Death Masque box set. It definitely has it's uses. bringing in a ravager for Covens is also not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
ph4ntron
Slave
ph4ntron

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15 2018, 22:18

I have been using some auxiliary detachments, primarily just a farseer on bike, or a Hemlock wraithfighter. However I only tend to do this if I already have a bunch of command points (double battalion), otherwise I think giving up command points for single units is generally too much. Although I do make an exception for the aforementioned doom seer most times simply because doom is just wayy too helpful for our army as a whole
Back to top Go down
@miral
Kabalite Warrior
@miral

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 21:05

I agree, a farseer or Eldrad is an easy choice if you want that; but the auxilliary can not make use of the stratagems of its faction.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2018, 21:54

I've brought the Yncarne. The auxiliary appears to bypass the restrictions on a Ynnari army and the loss of Stratagems is largely irrelevant. I don't think it would be competitive, but it is fun to bring the beat stick periodically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Support Detachments   Auxiliary Support Detachments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auxiliary Support Detachments
Page 1 of 1