THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Auxiliary support Eldrad

Go down 
+2
WildCandy
Ikol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

Auxiliary support Eldrad Empty
PostSubject: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 03 2017, 00:15

So most of us have an Eldrad model from death masque along with a lot of harlequins. I don't have any craftworld models. Is it worth it to run this detachment to bring in Eldrad? I know his warp powers will really only affect himself, but he can allow units to reroll against a unit. This is nice for our short ranged guns. And he's no slouch in cc either. Worth it?
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 14:12

"No slouch" is true that he has good quality of attakcs, but only dishing out 2 means that he is an add on at best. If he gets tarpitted, your best bet is to run for the transport and leave combat.

As for the psychic powers. Doom is great, but if you're only casting one power a turn- bring a regular Farseer-80 points cheaper.

Otherwise bring Warlocks and only ever target enemy models with debuffs from the runes of battle table.

Psychic phase got hit hard this edition. The buffs and such are neat, but I miss the Eladrith Corethpa having mind bullets that could frighten everything. Where did Executioner go? What about Eldritch Storm?
Psychic Shriek?

I miss the depth it offered.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 19:06

If he's being used in a Ynnari army, then the SfD can be used to throw out additional Smites, which is mighty tasty.

I haven't had occasion to use him yet, but he looks like he could be useful.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 19:21

Could it be worth it to bring him in with the DE? Gives us anti-psyker that is tough. Gotta find a way to use this cool looking model, without purchasing a bunch of Eldar models.
Back to top Go down
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior
WildCandy

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 20:42

He gets +psychic rolls from succesful casts, so maybe casting three in normal phase and one through sfd you could get d6 wounds out of smite rolling natural 8 or higher?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 20:42

You can always run Eldrad as a Ynnari unit and the rest of the DE as regular DE. They still get PfP, and he still gets SfD.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 20:49

Jimsolo wrote:
You can always run Eldrad as a Ynnari unit and the rest of the DE as regular DE.  They still get PfP, and he still gets SfD.  

You can't. The only way to turn a model into Ynnari is by using Army of the Reborn, which converts your whole army into Ynnari.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 23:12

Seems plausible.

That's what I get for quoting another TDC thread without double checking the rules being cited.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 11 2017, 23:45

That's also wrong though. The FAQ explicitly tells us to errata that paragraph with a different one that specifies that the detachment must be Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 00:43

So you can bring Eldrad along as Psychic Artillery, then?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 01:05

You can bring Eldrad along in 1 of 4 ways:

HQ in a keyword Aeldari Detachment in a keyword Aeldari Army
HQ in a Keyword Asuryani Detachment in a Keyword Aeldari Army
HQ in a Keyword Ynnari Detachment in a Keyword Aeldari Army
HQ in a Keyword Ynnari Detachment in a Keyword Ynnari Army

Any Aeldari army option can have Drukhari, wych cults, <<Kabal of the Black Heart>> etc. as stand alone detachments within them and still be battle forged in a matched play setting because while you're required to share a keyword on the army level for matched play there is no requirement for that keyword to also be the shared keyword at the detachment level, merely that every affiliated model must have that keyword in addition to any others it may have.

Since the Auxiliary Support Detachment is 1 of anything for -1CP you can absolutely take just Eldrad, in either variety, currently, in any army consisting of any Aeldari affiliated keyword, again at -1CP. Playing nice in detachment with other stuff has to follow the examples I set out.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 01:47

If you run as a <aeldari> army would Drukhari lose PfP?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 01:47

No. Unless we're specifically talking about members of a Ynnari detachment within that army, like wyches to satisfy the troops req on a battalion, then Yes for those units and still no for any outside of that detachment.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 12 2017, 08:39

Didn't know it was errated. Well, screw Eldrad then, this allows for some glorious Chedar in any Ynnari army.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary support Eldrad   Auxiliary support Eldrad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auxiliary support Eldrad
Page 1 of 1